View Full Version : New pages appear to open at the bottom

Jarelan
23-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Annoying having to scroll to the top. Is this my browser's fault or a setting?

Parcival
23-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Got the same problem... using mozilla firefox.

Onkelswe
23-02-2007, 03:41 PM
me toes :'(

Silverseal
23-02-2007, 03:55 PM
I have the same problem, the aesthetics also need toning down, everything seems very big and orange :(

Llort
23-02-2007, 08:42 PM
The big and orange is okay

The scrolling is due a frame :)

You can simply "disable" this by using this link instead:

http://www.shadowsongeurope.com/forum/

It is the direct link for the "frame".

I think we should all grab a pitchfork and hunt turiel down for doing it this way :P

Turiel
23-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Was the only way to integrate vBulletin with the site.

Shadewalk
24-02-2007, 04:11 PM
seems to me that pages don't open at the bottom exactly... but seem to "save" the position of the scroll bar as a %, so when you go to next page, having used the "next page" at the bottom of a page you are at about 90% of the scroll bar, as a result the top change page does not do this, but of coarse to use that you still have to scroll up a page.

got to aggre this is annoying

Valoran
24-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Was the only way to integrate vBulletin with the site.
I can see the reasoning behind using the wrapper, but are there any plans to fix this?

Also, you seem to exit the wrapper when you make a post, so it's not quite fully integrated in an all or nothing situation.

Turiel
24-02-2007, 09:09 PM
I can see the reasoning behind using the wrapper, but are there any plans to fix this?

Also, you seem to exit the wrapper when you make a post, so it's not quite fully integrated in an all or nothing situation.

I'm open to suggestions for not using wrapper. I can put the pure HTML part of the main site template into the Joomla template but can't make it dynamic like the rest of the main site.

It doesn't exit for me when I make a post.

Onkelswe
25-02-2007, 01:47 PM
seems to me that pages don't open at the bottom exactly... but seem to "save" the position of the scroll bar as a %, so when you go to next page, having used the "next page" at the bottom of a page you are at about 90% of the scroll bar, as a result the top change page does not do this, but of coarse to use that you still have to scroll up a page.

got to aggre this is annoying

What this dude said :)

Llort
25-02-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm open to suggestions for not using wrapper. I can put the pure HTML part of the main site template into the Joomla template but can't make it dynamic like the rest of the main site.

It doesn't exit for me when I make a post.

You can simply make the forum popup in new window :-)

p.s. why are so many smileys broken :(

Vegelus
25-02-2007, 02:14 PM
This (http://shodan.math.uni.lodz.pl/~sliwa95/ssg.jpg) is how forum look on Opera 9.10 - fixed window with small height and it's own scroll. So I can see 2 post (max) without scrolling. Kinda sucky :/
FF 2.x is fine but this ain't browser I want to use. Will check Opera 8.54 later.

edit: same shit with Opera 8.54
Anything else than forcing me to use FF or browsing as it looks now possible?:P
edit2: ofc when using direct link to forum it's ok.

Turiel
25-02-2007, 11:52 PM
You can simply make the forum popup in new window :-)

p.s. why are so many smileys broken :(

Its meant to have the SSE header.

Darkreaver
26-02-2007, 04:45 PM
can still do that just edit the Vbb templates header... then you can have the same header on the top of the page and just make the link to the forum as a static link in joomla...

or am i missing something major?