View Full Version : SSE and ToS

Meri
22-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Should SSE allow clear violations of the TOS be carried out in the forums, such as goldselling, character selling, leveling services, item selling; in return for real life money.

Gruze
22-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Haha, 'sup Meri?

Gumdrops
22-02-2007, 10:45 PM
There are no violations of the TOS to the extent you have posted. All those you mentioned, obviously apart from character selling, have never been posted here on the forums.

And there is a loop-hole in the TOS that allows the transfer of an account along with CD-Key, CD's and Manual, aswell is removing all traces of WoW from the sellers PC which is sometimes ok. Whether or not the CD's are mailed and game is uninstalled is another story entirely.

Toshiro
22-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Should SSE allow clear violations of the TOS be carried out in the forums, such as goldselling, character selling, leveling services, item selling; in return for real life money.

/yawn in a big way

Meri
22-02-2007, 10:50 PM
There are no violations of the TOS to the extent you have posted. All those you mentioned, obviously apart from character selling, have never been posted here on the forums.

And there is a loop-hole in the TOS that allows the transfer of an account along with CD-Key, CD's and Manual, aswell is removing all traces of WoW from the sellers PC which is sometimes ok. Whether or not the CD's are mailed and game is uninstalled is another story entirely.

No there are no such violations, for now. Since the cat is on the table lets settle the matter whether people want to allow such actions or not. I'd rather close the door on ToS violations from the get go and not wait and see till someone posts a gold selling advert.
About the loophole, it was shown in the other thread that this loophole is a myth and does not exist. (on page 3 iirc)

Karadros
22-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Someone get the cat off the furniture.

Onkelswe
22-02-2007, 10:56 PM
I vote no... not that I really care...

Gumdrops
22-02-2007, 10:57 PM
No there are no such violations, for now. Since the cat is on the table lets settle the matter whether people want to allow such actions or not. I'd rather close the door on ToS violations from the get go and not wait and see till someone posts a gold selling advert.
About the loophole, it was shown in the other thread that this loophole is a myth and does not exist. (on page 3 iirc)

They've never been posted since they're not allowed, and if they have, they'll have been deleted/moved by a moderator.

And the loophole does exist. Tried and tested.

Orde
22-02-2007, 11:06 PM

I agree with this,personally i think its safe to say that we all hate the constant ingame spam from goldsellers and leveling services and we should make a stand against this type of behavior though i do believe blizzard do now allow for characters to be transferred from one account to another character selling is still a big no no! we should also stand against that untill blizzard feel its is okay to allow this which i expect they will not for the following reasons: It is unfair on those who leveled there characters from level 1 - 60,70 and im sure blizzard would think of it as a population risk to the social nature of many WoW comunities for example name calling such as noob and such to unexperienced newcomers playing chars they haven't leveled.

- Orde

Meri
22-02-2007, 11:13 PM
blizzard do now allow for characters to be transferred from one acocunt to another

Only if the owner of both accounts is the same person. The PCT rules explicitly allow for this single exception.
And yeah, I am about as much annoyed by clearly ebay bought characters as I am about goldseller spam. Such fun to hear them spam the most basic questions with a lvl 60 or 70 toon, and gods forbid you group with one. D:
At least there are addons that filter out goldseller spam rather efficiently, dummies with ebay bought chars there's no protection from.

Gumdrops
22-02-2007, 11:14 PM
I agree with this,personally i think its safe to say that we all hate the constant ingame spam from goldsellers and leveling services and we should make a stand against this type of behavior though i do believe blizzard do now allow for characters to be transferred from one acocunt to another character selling is stil la big no no! we should alos stand against that untill blizzard feel its is okay to allow this which i expect they will not for the following reasons: It is unfair on those who leveled there characters from level 1 - 60,70 and im sure blizzard would think of it as a population risk to the social nature of many WoW comunities for example name calling such as noob and such to unexperienced newcomers playing chars they haven't leveled.

- Orde

When Turiel enables reputation, I think this will be the first positive I'll give.

takfiri
23-02-2007, 01:15 AM
what next, do not pirate windows?

non-issue.

Darkreaver
26-02-2007, 10:54 AM
WTS power lvling 10 per lvl kk ummm

on a serious note tho i voted that i didnt give a rats ass what sse does as well tbh i dont giove a dam. doesnt hurt anyone selling a account as long as its all done fairly however www.wowtrade.org (http://www.wowtrade.org) is also a site used for selling and tbh i would use that if it was me personaly selling my account

Jyrras
26-02-2007, 11:40 AM
yay ... 2 votes for the same thing. :)

Meri
04-03-2007, 03:12 AM
Thats because its the only way to make sure whether what the A crowd want is diffenrent from what the B crowds wants. And lets not fool ourselves, Turiel will cater to the A crowd as long as he can.