View Full Version : New site

Gumdrops
22-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Didn't know whether to make a new thread for this, but I have so yeah.

Things I feel should be changed, don't know if anyone else agree's with me, and if there's anything (minor) you want to see changed post it here. And minor meaning stuff I'm talking about not 'omg new layout plx' or 'put the old ones back kkthx' etc. I'm also not expecting any of this to be done, just want to see if anyone else thinks the same.

- Change the Datestamp Display Option on the forum index to Detailed.

The current option 'Yesterday / Today' will show 'Yesterday' and 'Today' for dates that fall in those periods.

'Detailed' will show times such as '1 Minute Ago', '1 Hour Ago', '1 Day Ago', and '1 Week Ago'.

- Change the 'What's going on? Total websites who have referred visitors today:' box to maybe top 5. 329 (and counting) is far too much and just looks ugly. Or remove it all together, it's always going to be sse.com or google.

- As it stands everything is centered in each box which just doesn't look right. I'm not sure if it's the style, my PC (tried it with Opera and IE) or if anyone else is getting that too.

- Enable [img] code for signatures!

- Disable auto subscription to a thread after creating one and posting in one.

- Remove 10 character limit to posts.

Toshiro
22-02-2007, 11:03 PM
- Remove 10 character limit to posts.

no leave that, or even increase it slightly. Might stop some of the worst spammers. And the pyramid shit,

Gumdrops
22-02-2007, 11:08 PM
no leave that, or even increase it slightly. Might stop some of the worst spammers. And the pyramid shit,

There's an option to include quoted messages in the character count. Not sure if that's better or worse, but something else to consider.

Karadros
22-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Might stop some of the worst spammers. And the pyramid shit,

Damnit, that's what SSE is ALL ABOUT!

Gumdrops
22-02-2007, 11:16 PM
And if you notice, when you click quote post, you only get one quote.

You have to enable multiquote next to it to get all of them which might tone down the pyramids.

Toshiro
22-02-2007, 11:33 PM
And if you notice, when you click quote post, you only get one quote.

You have to enable multiquote next to it to get all of them which might tone down the pyramids.

People will just turn that on then :( Meh, I guess I am just a boring old man. I just find the pointless spam and pyramids absolutely devoid of any kind of humour.

Orde
22-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Loving the new look Troldepus two thumbs up! profile options are good to thanks to ever was in charge of those :) a improvement of the old site for sure.

Fillion
23-02-2007, 02:21 AM
Have to say, liking the changes so far. Seems more... fluid.

Faylin
23-02-2007, 10:08 AM
Let me hijack this thread aswell to give my compliments to all the hard work put it. It looks quite professional.

Ofcourse it takes a bit of time to get used to the new layout, but I'll get over that ;)

Gumdrops
23-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Less hijacking more feedback on things you want to see changed!

Faylin
23-02-2007, 11:51 AM
It's actually not a bad thing to show some appriciation for the work of others. If you would have included that in your post, I wouldn't have to hijack the thread.

Besides, the few things that I noticed could have been done a lil' different, you already mentioned

Gumdrops
23-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Or you could just make a new thread or something I dunno.

Muh
23-02-2007, 12:38 PM
What annoys me it that if you go to the next page of a thread it doesnt automatically scroll back up :o

Lednar
23-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Gief new smileys :(
That's all I got atleast.

Gumdrops
23-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Gief new smileys :(
That's all I got atleast.

Bring back the viking :P

Aggromedon
23-02-2007, 02:48 PM
What annoys me it that if you go to the next page of a thread it doesnt automatically scroll back up :o
Yeah so far that's the only thing wich annoys me.
For the rest I kinda like all of it.
Edit: What Gum said, gief back the viking.

Abberare
23-02-2007, 04:59 PM
It's good aye, but what happened to the option to change the skin?

Lednar
23-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Bring back the viking :P

Yarr! :D

Duckman
24-02-2007, 02:41 PM

You can simply "disable" this by using this link instead:

http://www.shadowsongeurope.com/forum/

Worked fine for me :)

/Dackeh

Turiel
24-02-2007, 09:10 PM
It's good aye, but what happened to the option to change the skin?

There's only meant to be one skin, the others were for testing. I'd enable multiple ones but each one requires a lot of customisation for the various features we have on the site, so currently this one is the only one that works properly.

Muh
25-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Any chance we could get the smileys from the old forums back? ^^
Would make me a happy cow and such

Stim
25-02-2007, 04:30 AM
Can't login to chatbox unless enter the forum >.< And no neat sig pics = bad

JeFF
25-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Also, would it be possible to get the option to see 15 posts in one page back?

Turiel
25-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Smilies will be back, 15 posts in one page... sure.

Muh
25-02-2007, 12:47 PM
You know we wuv you, right? ^^

Andil
25-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Problem I'm getting iiiis... If you open a link in a new tab (and presumably it'll happen if you open it in a new window too) - you lose the entire top frame of the site (With Home, Forums, Raiding, etc.) - makes it a bit of a pain if you then want to navigate back to the site, away from the forums.

Other than that, nice :)

Kabhanda
25-02-2007, 04:55 PM
No, thats a good thing, its only with the top crap gone that the forum functions normally.