View Full Version : Arena Builds

Turiel
21-02-2007, 11:14 AM
What build are you using for the arena and why?

17/3/41 Shadowstep
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=whxcoxZhZEMccr0Rcxkt

Tons of front-load damage on an ambush (3k or so). People say that you don't get to shadowstep in arenas but I find I get to use it every time at the start and indeed every time I vanish or restealth. And because I have prep, that's at least 3 times.

And shadowstep isn't limited to ambushing. I reguarly use it to sap or just slow people who are 'far' away. Imp sap means it doesn't cost me anything - I can even shadowstep to someone in between their AoE and move out before it affects me.

I'm worried though that the lack of combo points might be hurting me. I've taken all the generating talents I can in the subtelty tree. Some might find it strange to have points in setup, but considering the amount an average rogue dodges, especially with evasion, I think it's quite useful.

Maybe 30/0/31 is better though?

Über
21-02-2007, 11:38 AM
I'd go with the first one for some dagger ownage. I don't wanna just link my own choice of pvp-build here but instead to go with yours and make just a tiny change to it. ;)

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=ihxcoxZhZAMjcM0Rcxkt + get the stealth enchant to the cloak to compensate the loss of two points from mod.

Give it a thought if you prefer being able to restealth with gouge and save those vanishes for later use. (you know, for a rainy day. :D )

Turiel
21-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Well... restealth doesn't happen that often in arena tbh. But something to consider anyway.

Hammett
21-02-2007, 12:56 PM
I like Remorseless in Arenas, since crit chance is somewhat nerfed. After killing someone you can move straight on to the next opponent where a crit would be almost guaranteed.

Senister
21-02-2007, 05:50 PM
I haven't been in the arena yet so im just posting here to get a post count...

Moomonde
21-02-2007, 06:33 PM
i think senister is posting useless information

Shadowjan
28-02-2007, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=Turiel;416512]

17/3/41 Shadowstep

but 2 points in heightend senses (obviuous to get the 1st sap in), and 5/5 in Camouflage (speed is everything to get kill that 1st opponent fast)

Manidim
01-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Im going with Stabs Hemo build in Arenas as well, works great.

Turiel
01-03-2007, 03:37 PM
I respecced to 41/20 mutilate to try it out. So far I'm preferring shadowstep, but I'll give it another day. The frontload damage is just quite a bit less and when you're trying to get someone down at the start of an arena match its burst damage instead of sustained damage or combo point utility that counts imho.

Oof
03-03-2007, 09:27 PM
i tryed a few things here and there. Multi just generates too much Combo points. Cealinan said: "There is no such thing as too much cp" .. A few days later after being Multi he said: "Ok, im going hemo again." Multi just doesnt see to be good for me. I'd go for Hemo or Combat fists/swords. Im going to try a pvp/pve dagger build soon and holla at you with the results! :)

Stabstalker
04-03-2007, 05:21 AM
17/0/44 daggers

Theleb
04-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Lot of 2000+ rated Arena Rogues are using Combat Fists (I can see why).....currently messing around with 41/13/7 Mutilate.