View Full Version : Epic Flightform upcoming

Talsin
07-02-2007, 10:01 AM
posted by Ommra

We have upcoming development plans which we wanted to share now, as it could impact choices that Druids might make in the immediate future regarding flying mount riding skills or purchasing epic mounts:

The regular Storm Crow form remains trainable at level 68 and moves at 60%. Also as previous, the normal flying mount skill comes with the form.

An epic quest line will be going into an upcoming patch which will grant Druids an additional flying form with increased stats. The epic flying form will move at the epic rate of 280%, but basically fall under the same conditions as the previous flight form (i.e. can't run on the ground).

However, the first prerequisite of the quest will require the epic flying mount riding skill, so it would not be a loss to Druids if they wish to purchase their epic flying mount skill now or in the near future. Obviously, one could then diversify their epic mounts beyond the Druid's casted epic form if they choose.

Uzumaki
07-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Instant epic flight capacity, 'only' for the cost of the flying skill ... it isnt cheap, but it does sound fun :-)
Lets hope this gets added soon!

Kaïn
07-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Cheap? hehe, hell no. But neither is the paladin or warlock epic mount questline and remember, we dont have to "buy" a epic flying mount. This should save us some cash ;)

And to fly like a bird at the same speed as the epic mounts! How cool would that be!

I cant wait to pick up the questline......

Talsin
07-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Knowing blizz the quest prolly will be more expensive than 200g we are saving on the mount

Limbo
07-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Knowing blizz the quest prolly will be more expensive than 200g we are saving on the mount

QFT

Aevorn
23-02-2007, 03:23 PM
What's really interesting about epic flightform, is that it's instant cast - which still gives a tremendous advantage over all other classes, in terms of how fast you can get moving.

And if it costs a small fortune to complete the questline, it'll still be a slot saved in my bags. Which is pretty relevant when you trot around with gear for Bear form, Cat form, Healing and resistance - as well as a solid stock of various potions, food and reagents.

Talsin
23-02-2007, 04:25 PM
What's really interesting about epic flightform, is that it's instant cast - which still gives a tremendous advantage over all other classes, in terms of how fast you can get moving.

And if it costs a small fortune to complete the questline, it'll still be a slot saved in my bags. Which is pretty relevant when you trot around with gear for Bear form, Cat form, Healing and resistance - as well as a solid stock of various potions, food and reagents.

the infinite joys of a druids backpack if you have engineering aswell...

still the epic flightform would be very nice, now if they would fix all the druid form skins aswell, it would be even better.