View Full Version : So..... ? :)

Faylin
16-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Since it's pretty quiet here on the forums, I'm assuming you're all wetting your pants at the moment with all the new content.
But, as one of those that still has to receive his copy (in the mail today if all is well), I'm curious...

what's it liek?!?!

Replaced any gear yet? Got pwned badly yet by the Fel Reaver? Maybe even done an instance yet?
And, from what I have seen, the launch has been pretty smooth hasn't it?

Tell me! :)

Bunneh
16-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Well I'm currently in Nocopylands owning Amazon troggs :P

On a launch note; seemed to go smoother than AQ opening, yet the server still died a few times, then settled. With around 200+ people at the gate last night the server held up well, no not too bad on Blizzard's part.

My system hit a 4fps crawl at it's peak, but I'm running a 3 year old PC now.

Screenie here

http://www.appf13.dsl.pipex.com/pictures/portal.jpg

Mojah
16-01-2007, 12:06 PM
http://www.appf13.dsl.pipex.com/pictures/portal.jpg
Just imagine the joy it would bring, if this were a pvp server ... :P

Psonica
16-01-2007, 08:59 PM
*snieff* my TBC:CE is still in the mail ... hoping for tomorrow - won't upgrade my main account with the non-CE key ... boring but I have seen it in the beta before so I guess I can wait another day.

Zamruel
16-01-2007, 09:46 PM
almost installed it \o/

Hurtgen
17-01-2007, 02:03 AM
its refreshing, so nice to be in the new areas, stuff uve never seen, and guildchat is full of lvl 60 green Boe thats better than t1-t2 :S (and on that note, omg, GEAR STAMINA BUFF)

fun to be had, went exploring as far as blades edge on the 1st hour, picked up a few fps, and killed a few lvl 65 mobs.

BeautyThief
17-01-2007, 02:24 AM
well from what ive heard at least the first instance is pwned already by few ppl. well installed TBC right before work headied in tehre for 30 min...got squashed by some gigantic mecanical robot. then owned few demons...well its all new will xplore more when im done working hopefully do the instance:)

Darkreaver
17-01-2007, 04:08 AM
blood something and rampart instances complete.... lvl 61.9 replaced 3 items of gear. annoying that i have trouble finding the quests.

All good to blizzard toh great servers working as they are intended!!!! and i mean that. i have not had 1 bit of lag and been on since 1am release till 4am this monrning

Orza
17-01-2007, 04:15 AM
I was killing lowbie Draenei in their stupid little island.

BeautyThief
17-01-2007, 05:17 AM
think they lost all my chars the server is up but some errror about my chars...

Ruoste
17-01-2007, 05:39 AM
"Error retrieving character list" now in the morning here also.

Edit: But began working soon after.

Ipslore
17-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Over 90% into level 60, as well as clearing the blood furnace and I've only replaced one piece of gear as of yet. Only a small upgrade too, from robe of the archmage to the goldweave tunic. Other than that started a belf and dreanai, have to say the belf starting area looks like the best so far, though I've only had a glance around.

Ninja
17-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Havent preordered TBC or went to the shop to buy it...dont think i will...after 4 years off online gaming...i need a break 8)

I might change my mind...just need to browse thruu some TV shows and movies i have on DVD. which i havent had time too see yet. Could take a while :D

Drauk
17-01-2007, 11:57 AM
62 lvl, Ramparts and Bloof Furnace completed, almost done with HFP quests, only Exorcism line remained.
Haven't replaced a single item yet, Coldweave tunic was close, but funny enough it has less stamina than my Enigma Robes. Doubt i'm gonna replace anything untill lvls 65-66, and still it will be my weakest pieces, such as wand.

Utena
17-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Kinda bored atm, theres way too many players.... attempting to tap quest mobs blows, just walk around & the floor is covered in the corpses of mobs. Im sure in a month or so itl be great though.

Vegelus
17-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Just heard about dorf on Elekk :P.

Kabhanda
18-01-2007, 04:08 AM
I'm pretty impressed with the shaman class so far, I know things will change as I level further, but enjoying it alot at the moment.

My phat lewt is all things I had prepared in advance though :P

Faylin
18-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Gah! TBC is bad for my night's sleep! But I just... had to... get to lvl 62. Went to the trainer and picked up Shadow Word: Death... and offcourse then I had to try it for a bit.... evilgasms

:twisted:

As for my impressions: I think it looks great, and most of it plays great too. Obviously finishing some quests in Hellfire Penn. was a bit.. annoying with people fighting eachother for every mob that spawns... but Zangarmarsh was much better for that matter already.
To avoid it, we have been instancing quite a lot, which was also an awesome experience. I really loved the Hellfire Citadel: Ramparts and The Blood Furnace... especially the latter one... one gasp after the other.. it looks .. great. And although there's obvbiously still quite some spank and tank involved, some boss encounters are pretty nicely designed.

Levelling goes pretty fast imo, might be a little bit too fast, but oh well, since you need reputation for about evrything I will be back to do quests I missed probably.

And concerning gear... yes I have replaced epics with greens already :oops:

Psonica
18-01-2007, 08:31 AM
From my experience in beta HP was one of the less impressive zones imo. And it still rocks!

Jimothy
18-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Just heard about dorf on Elekk :P.

Dorf on an Elekk, did you say.......

http://www.theshadowhunters.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=496

Grats to Stremhold, who bored us all to tears with his endless rep farming :wink: