View Full Version : Wish one could have smilies in topicname cuz...

Taurusos
09-01-2007, 01:19 AM
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=62082150&sid=1

Tell me, is the nerf really that bad?

Or are people making it more than it is?

/Tau

Fingolfin
09-01-2007, 01:30 AM
It may be a huge nerf for all i know but the way some of those twats go on.....

Thrane
09-01-2007, 01:33 AM
I love how they whine that it took three days to get a response :P

Karadros
09-01-2007, 03:39 AM
They should try being warriors.
*pops enrage*

So now it'll take 10% longer for DoTs to kill things. Oh dear me, i'll get the razorblades.

Myriima
09-01-2007, 06:41 AM
Was about time really, DoTs where extremely powerfull. Just sucks that it hurts us in PVE too, we where balanced, at least in my eyes, with the DoT´s beeing as they where. Could finally compete on damage again with the rogues / mages.

Hunters next for the nerfbat? *whack whack* ;)

Gruze
09-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Was about time really, DoTs where extremely powerfull. Just sucks that it hurts us in PVE too, we where balanced, at least in my eyes, with the DoT´s beeing as they where. Could finally compete on damage again with the rogues / mages.

Hunters next for the nerfbat? *whack whack* ;)

I own the nerfbat so it won't hit me. I've hit Ashen with it alot but he's *immune* ...

Psonica
09-01-2007, 07:20 AM
Hm, wonder if this is subject only to CoA and Corruption ... if so I guess gaining another 10% spelldamage could in theory make up for it (I'm 45 points affliction in beta) ... still I will be able to deal some evil amounts of pain but it will take more time.

Haplo
09-01-2007, 08:56 AM
10% is a pretty fail deal imo. Dots are now a bit too powerfull. I dont know if the dots are goin to do more or less dam as before the 2.0 patch. If the goin to be less it sux a bit.

Hoshingen
09-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Health is going up, and we get 10% less dmg. gg?

Fintan
09-01-2007, 09:46 AM
I refer you to your signature.

randallzor
09-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Ok, it was a PvE environment (Anub'Rekhan I think) and there were tons of other affliction spells on (increases DoT damage) and a Shadowpriest providing another bonus. I broke 600+ on Corruption ticks and at that moment, even though the circumstances were ideal, I thought that may have been a bit too much damage for applying it, standing back, and picking my nose.

I've specced back to destro since then, but I think the nerf was slightly necessary and it's not that bad of a nerf either.

Senex
09-01-2007, 10:16 AM
They think 93% is bad? Well, I'd trade my Mind Flay for their Corruption anytime.

Hoshingen
09-01-2007, 10:26 AM
I refer you to your signature.
Well I don't rely on Affliction anyway, I'm destro.

Chonar
09-01-2007, 12:54 PM
My warlock alt is lvl 48 currently. Combined with some amount of feeling for tanking (gee), my voidy can keep some amount of aggro on 3 triple-dotted mobs while I fear-kite a fourth. These dots eat away their HP bars insanely fast... and I'm destro-specced.

I shoulda tried solo'ing 4 equal-level mobs back in the old days on Chon. Heh. Insta-gib.

Kinshara
09-01-2007, 01:14 PM
They think 93% is bad? Well, I'd trade my Mind Flay for their Corruption anytime.

And I'm sure they'd trade their corruption for your SW:P. Mind flay is a bit closer to drain life in terms of use and scaling :)

Still... I kinda think blizzard is trying to make locks quite different depending on spec. If they lower the base scaling of the dot, but ratchet up the higher affliction talents, then an affliction lock will be much more powerful in terms of dots than a destro or demo lock, which isn't quite the case now(though they do have 2 more dots to use.) 3 very different playstyles will be nice. I do hope they make affliction viable for raiding at least... it has been in beta up till this point, not much feedback (aside from whining) after the nerf.

Mithadriel
09-01-2007, 03:06 PM
My warlock alt is lvl 48 currently. Combined with some amount of feeling for tanking (gee), my voidy can keep some amount of aggro on 3 triple-dotted mobs while I fear-kite a fourth. These dots eat away their HP bars insanely fast... and I'm destro-specced.

I shoulda tried solo'ing 4 equal-level mobs back in the old days on Chon. Heh. Insta-gib.

How much aggro is your voidy (Read: Marvin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_the_Paranoid_Android) since they added voices ... ) generating :?:

Against 4 mobs, even spamming Torment and Suffering I reckon it would have difficulty holding 3 fully dotted mobs in place.

Mind, I was never really brave enough to try it when I was levelling ... I'll go home and play :twisted:

Myriima
09-01-2007, 05:22 PM
The thing is, they lower the amount of damage your DoT´s receive by the +spelldamage you have. So the more +dam you have, the bigger the nerf.

100 +dam = +93 damage to your Cor (spread over the ticks, mind you)

1000 +dam, +930 damage to Cor

Just using the numbers to make clear what I mean, if I am wrong, feel free to correct me

Will just have to see how it works out in TBC. For PVP, it was effective but boring, for PVE it was great. But I hope that the Blizz team will keep balancing stuff as the need arises

Chimera
09-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Being Destruction ftw.

Kinshara
09-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Being Destruction ftw.

Myriima
09-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Destruction get´s hit by the nerf just as much, any build does, you.. you.. JEFF!

Chimera
09-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Not quite as much.

And we'll still be unstoppable.

Taurusos
10-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Not quite as much.

Aye, skilled warlocks will be.

Not fucktards such as yourself.

Please dont put yourself in a category of ppl who are good with pixels.

You didnt even manage that good enough.

Scram.

/Tau

Chonar
10-01-2007, 12:28 AM

How much aggro is your voidy (Read: Marvin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_the_Paranoid_Android) since they added voices ... ) generating :?:

Against 4 mobs, even spamming Torment and Suffering I reckon it would have difficulty holding 3 fully dotted mobs in place.

Mind, I was never really brave enough to try it when I was levelling ... I'll go home and play :twisted:

I time the torments to be equally divided on each mob. I also give him about 4 seconds to do mad voidwalker DPS per mob before starting my dots. And of course Immolate gets applied last due to its' possible burst damage.

Meri
10-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Well, currently theres no real rational reason to be anything bluck deeo demonoligy for locks. Not because of the nubguard which is getting nerfed but because of MD bonuses, SL bonuses, Demonic Tactics and the totally imba talent that gives you +spelldam based on your pets int/sta. Ok sure super epixed locks might have other options, but with blue/tier1/ZG/AQ20 etc. eq. you just do more damage with demonology than other specs.
Same holds true for Hunter atm, where the BM 20% attack speed buff combined with the red hell every 2 minutes makes everything else pale in compariosn, again unless you have high level epix, in which case perhaps the MM AP talent comes to shine.
This apparent screwup of talenttrees, and having participated in tbc beta (tbc btw is shipping incomplete), just makes me wonder once again what kind of monkeys they have balancing the talent trees. There are similarly "uber" builds for few other classes but since they're not widely circulated yet, I'll hold my piece on them.

Kinshara
10-01-2007, 01:14 AM
I time the torments to be equally divided on each mob. I also give him about 4 seconds to do mad voidwalker DPS per mob before starting my dots. And of course Immolate gets applied last due to its' possible burst damage.

Hmm... never tried it like that. Stopped using my voidy around level 30, and went draintanky instead. Record was 8 lvl 44-46 mobs in one fight (4 at most at any one time) at level 45; fear juggling, HoT, seduce, dc, siphon life, drain life, CoEx, DoTs and lots of lifetapping/darkpacting to scrape enough mana together to kill them all. Barely came out of it alive, but it was fun :)

Went back to a slightly saner pace after that, but I just had to experiment with the silly amount of CC available to a lock at some point.

A 70 demo lock is going to be insane for grinding however... send the felguard into a group of mobs, switching targets after you've place a seed of corruption on them; loot after the chain explosion :)

Faylin
10-01-2007, 01:21 AM

Out of my 5 60's my warrior used be the only one not being able to handle more then 2 mobs of it's own level while levelling. 4 usually wasn't a problem for mage, priest, druid, or palli.

So I would rather say warriors (non epic at least) are underpowered at that point, then warlocks being overpowered.

Fintan
10-01-2007, 03:37 AM
Real men take 20+ mobs at a time, they should nerf Mages AoE fir....oh wait. :(

Haplo
10-01-2007, 08:22 AM

Since 2.0 patch i noticed my VW can hold way better aggro then before. So indeed this is the way to go while lvl-ing a lock...

randallzor
10-01-2007, 08:27 AM
If you really wanna have some fun as an Affliction lock with some decent gear, run over to one of the fields in WPL. DoT everything with CoA, Corr and Siphon and use Dark Pact every once in a while to replenish your mana. You can Lifetap aswell since Siphon on all the mobs will heal you easily. Don't use pet for anything but Dark Pact, Imp preferred for its mana regen.

You can clear the entire field in 2 minutes, Everything will fall over and die and you can make some really decent cash. Huge peen increase looting dead mobs while 7 others are beating on you, knowing full well they're going down momentarily and they're healing you up aswell :p

Gonna miss that being destro again (have switched back and forth about 8 times now) but I like the nukes better for some reason.

Bleetman
10-01-2007, 09:00 AM
I love this change so much I want to have sex with it. The fact it's causing such insane whining and "Im canceling my account!" style bullshit is just the delicious frosty icing on an already tasty cake.

Damnit, now I'm hungry.

Gruze
10-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Not quite as much.

Scram.

/Tau

Taurusos ftw hahaha

Proterra
10-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Not quite as much.

Scram.

/Tau

:lol:

Chimera
10-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Someone's clearly upset because they'll still be losing to blue geared warlocks.

soulshift
10-01-2007, 09:47 AM
I really didn't have a problem with the DoTs since the last patch.
Locks were fairly easy as a druid after the last patch, however this will just make it even easier. :D

Haplo
10-01-2007, 09:59 AM
I really didn't have a problem with the DoTs since the last patch.
Locks were fairly easy as a druid after the last patch, however this will just make it even easier. :D

bah... so true... so true.... sadly

Trupiaczacha
10-01-2007, 10:16 AM
now remove AP from mages... and all will be great !!

btw you locks QQ better as mages even on oficial forums :O

Gruze
10-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Someone's clearly upset because they'll still be losing to blue geared warlocks.

you got pwnt Chim admit it :P

Celinde
10-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Nah, he didn't, just 'cos Tau is claiming Chim is shit doesn't make him shit.

Trupiaczacha
10-01-2007, 10:38 AM

ofc not. but do it 90% of Horde :wink:

Chimera
10-01-2007, 10:42 AM

And the fact i still tear through 90% of Horde despite being away and rarely PvPing makes them what?

Celinde
10-01-2007, 10:42 AM

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but it seems like you're saying that only 10% of the horde got a clue.

EDIT: Was a response to Trupi's post, so I added a quote.

Gruze
10-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Chimera is funneh xD

Manidim
10-01-2007, 10:45 AM
I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but it seems like you're saying that only 10% of the horde got a clue.

No shit?

Fintan
10-01-2007, 10:48 AM

And the fact i still tear through 90% of Horde despite being away and rarely PvPing makes them what?

Vulnerable to Tier 3 Warlocks maybe? Last time I saw you PvP you were claiming superiority over a Paladin and a protection warrior based on your KB's. :P

Gruze
10-01-2007, 10:48 AM

Vulnerable to Tier 3 Warlocks maybe? Last time I saw you PvP you were claiming superiority over a Paladin and a protection warrior based on your KB's. :P

Rofl

Senex
10-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Which is still five times as much as the correspondent percentage among the Alliance, mind.

Chimera
10-01-2007, 12:03 PM

Because quite clearly there could never have been another 17/27 people in that battleground either.

Fintan
10-01-2007, 12:25 PM
I have no idea what that's a reference to!

Trupiaczacha
10-01-2007, 01:20 PM

EDIT: Was a response to Trupi's post, so I added a quote.

i will not make list ppl that will sign at this... but belive me i know more as you whot ppl on Horde thing about him :)

and believe me they still rem how Ashen roflpwn Chimera here on forum bec he dont know his classe :wink:

Chimera
10-01-2007, 01:38 PM
i will not make list ppl that will sign at this... but belive me i know more as you whot ppl on Horde thing about him :)

and believe me they still rem how Ashen roflpwn Chimera here on forum bec he dont know his classe :wink:

What that i used to destroy them back in the day when i played a decent amount? What more is there to know. If i didn't know my class i wouldn't be able to out damage most locks, despite gear inequality in favor of them.

Get your own bandwagon retard or even better a clue.

ber
10-01-2007, 01:40 PM
^__^

Fintan
10-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Using that logic, surely Ashen wouldn't have a made a point of bringing your knowledge of the class into question on the forums?

My memories of you PvPing are clear, and disappointing. Illustrated most in one AB where you had little idea how to play the game, and were far more interested in Epeening yourself on soloing poorly defended nodes, then repeatedly mentioning your exploits in /raid whilst galloping away to another node with no thought to defence.

Fortunately I only ended up grouping with you in a few WSG's after that, one of which you asked me to not cap the final flag so you could HK farm. The most memorable Chimera moment however, was in the afore mentioned AB. A Paladin came to your aid and you survived. Then this appeared in Raid Chat.

[Raid][Chimera]: Some stupid just came and helped me.

I don't know many people who would choose you in a team over a blue geared Warlock who has some notion of how to play. This may come as a shock, but you're really not very good, and certainly no-where near worth the genuinely serious arrogance that you emit whenever you do something borderline impressive.

Turns out there is plenty more to know.

Oh, and just in case you wanted to know, the "stupid" is now a Grand Marshal.

Trupiaczacha
10-01-2007, 02:14 PM
same was on Horde :) Chimera is SL he can kill Horde :) he start raiding whit CoI he losse SL he cant kill Horde after that when a bluse rogue roflpwne him in AB he never join it and fast never play it :)

was BIG fun for Horde to see how a Build can play for player in bgs.

and yes Ashen ROFLPWN you when u clame that SL is weak and all can kill it :)

Kabhanda
10-01-2007, 02:16 PM
I would say I probably have more experience of grouping with Chimmy than most of you (same guild at release, same guild now).

Yeah, the guy was pretty wank to start with, but so were most of you, it takes time for people to learn. But now? well, hes been innactive for a pretty long time, yet when he is on, and we ask him to do something its always done well. This includes pvp.

Then we have someone like Fintan who has proved on many many occasions he doesn't know what he is talking about (there is one above my post as a hint). If you dislike Chim fine, thats your choice, but trying to claim someone sucks just because you don't like them is kinda lame.

Fintan
10-01-2007, 02:22 PM
This is nothing to do with personal vendettas, there have been arguments on here with Chimera involved I could have chipped into because I don't like him, but they were nothing to do with me and I had no idea of what was going on.

If you're going to try and undermine me with previous completely unrelated forum posts, at least think about it first. If there's one thing I know anything about in the game, it's PvP. I'm not as knowledgeable as say, Tsarina or Malison, but I know a bad player when I see one. The complete arrogance and being a dick was added in there for personal amusement, as it's kind of ironic how he's using it to belittle others in PvP.

It's sweet that you're sticking up for a guildie, but doing it by belittling a perfectly valid post is "kinda lame."

Trupiaczacha
10-01-2007, 02:30 PM
I would say I probably have more experience of grouping with Chimmy than most of you (same guild at release, same guild now).

Yeah, the guy was pretty wank to start with, but so were most of you, it takes time for people to learn. But now? well, hes been innactive for a pretty long time, yet when he is on, and we ask him to do something its always done well. This includes pvp.

this prolly is way he develope in game :) but was fun to see it how he was :wink: but still he is same as alyways Mr.Big Ego...

Kabhanda
10-01-2007, 02:31 PM
But your post is not valid, its based on playing 1 or 2 times with someone and has no claims of who you think does certain things better (ashen / solk / dan is all I can think of).

Also note, I am not sticking up for him because I am guilded (I happily mock people in guild if they suck, and some do) I stick up for him because he doesn't suck.

Gruze
10-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Meh, problem with Chim is that he sometimes claims to be better then he is :P that's what i think anyway ^^ (And no im not saying he sucks)

Trupiaczacha
10-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Meh, problem with Chim is that he sometimes claims to be better then he is :P that's what i think anyway ^^ (And no im not saying he sucks)

QFT ... i could not post it better :wink:

Fintan
10-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Just as well considering I never claimed he sucked.

"You're not really very good"

Not the same. This was aimed at his claims of "ripping through the Horde", not a random slating session.

Also, considering I mentioned this was based on memories of personal experience, and also that I only played a a few games with him, my post is completely valid. You're reading my post as if you wrote it, with your experience of PvPing with him.

Celinde
10-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Where did you find Chim's tier 3 as you claim you have experience playing with him? Because I'm rather sure he don't got any at all.

Gruze
10-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Where did you find Chim's tier 3 as you claim you have experience playing with him? Because I'm rather sure he don't got any at all.

Moar drama :D

Nimbus
10-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Nah Chim doesn't suck at all. In fact he is quite good lock I think but he does have a fairly sized ego like many people on this server and that isn't exactly a crime. Would like to see his pvp movie as he often behaved like he was gathering footage for one with all the "piss off, I wanted to solo them" ;-). In COI you get kinda used to big egos though as it isn't a social club but a high performing raiding guild.

This story came to mind and made me smile:
<Chim pwns Nimbus in a duel>
Chim: let me try again without pet, then at least it will be a challenge
<Nimbus pwns Chim in a duel>
Chim: Bah, nerf trinkets
(I had ZHC at the time)
Nimbus: hehe

Fintan
10-01-2007, 04:24 PM
That was a reference to being epicly geared, nothing point-accurate. I haven't PvP'd with many familiar faces after 1.12, this was a good time ago now, hence the "memories" you're all conveniently ignoring. I'm hardly going to make judgement on how I think he might be now, I'm going off personal experience which was a while back.

There's also a difference between having a big ego and putting other people down for no apparent reason.

If someone can find me saying "Chimera sucks" you can have 100g. He's a complete and utter fucktard with a mouth more powerful than his abilities, but you could do a lot worse.

Chimera
10-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Using that logic, surely Ashen wouldn't have a made a point of bringing your knowledge of the class into question on the forums?

At the time shadowsong had zero decent SL locks. I'd come against a few and found them nothing overly difficult so made the mistake of assuming the spec to be less than it was. Simple as. I'd ask if you had ever made a mistake before but your posts prove otherwise.

My memories of you PvPing are clear, and disappointing. Illustrated most in one AB where you had little idea how to play the game, and were far more interested in Epeening yourself on soloing poorly defended nodes, then repeatedly mentioning your exploits in /raid whilst galloping away to another node with no thought to defence.

[/quote]

Pfft, defending is for PuGers :p

Those said nodes were usually guarded by 2/3 people at a time (boasting about a 1v1 victory after all would be lame). Would you rather someone who can take 2/3 people at a time be sat at stables not playing a major part in the game or actually generally forcing the hordies to relocate away from the major group.

Also, i seldom left a node completely unguarded, 1 person. Yes. Unguarded. Rarely.

Fortunately I only ended up grouping with you in a few WSG's after that, one of which you asked me to not cap the final flag so you could HK farm.

Was not me. I have never endorsed such fuckwittery.

The most memorable Chimera moment however, was in the afore mentioned AB. A Paladin came to your aid and you survived. Then this appeared in Raid Chat.

[Raid][Chimera]: Some stupid just came and helped me.

Far more likely "some stupid fuckwit just came and broke my seduce/fear" as was more often than not the case.

I don't know many people who would choose you in a team over a blue geared Warlock who has some notion of how to play. This may come as a shock, but you're really not very good, and certainly no-where near worth the genuinely serious arrogance that you emit whenever you do something borderline impressive.

You're basing this on what? One or two games a long long time ago? Go away and come back when you can make founded claims.

It's been proven before that getting Grand Marshall is no indication of skill. Just time.

NB: No disrespect to whoever said paladin is.

Trupitardka. Seriously, come back when your braincells outnumber your eyeballs. I was SL for a short time, that was only because i was in the poison wall for MCO and expecting to tank one of the twins. I joined coi and went destro. The bulk of my PvP i have been destruction and i was just as difficult with both specs, destruction was just a little bit more challenging and fun.

Come back and criticize me when you can find something valid.

I'm elitist and arrogant and if i don't like you or agree with you, i'll make it known. Stop crying and get the fuck over it.

Taurusos
10-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Chimera, get outside, you spending way too much time defending yourself. You are shit and these walls of text wont change anything.

Each time Ive met you in the BGs, you actually became a target to bloody go for.

One avoids certain warlocks, one goes for certain warlocks.

You are probably so bad that you could manage to get killed by your own pet.

Stop hiding behind walls of text, you do suck.

And for your signature quoting Flesh?

I guess, you know by now. Take a deep breath. Comic value behind your sig to be honest....rofl.

Now shut the hell up and stop trying to be Ashen. It doesnt fit your agenda.

/Tau

Taurusos
10-01-2007, 05:31 PM
BTW, you aint elitist. You aint arrogant. All shows through kid.

You are however claiming and trying to be.

What you need is a singleplayer game where someone gives a fuck about you, that someone being yourself.

Leave the game pls.

/Tau

Chimera
10-01-2007, 05:36 PM
As i recall i killed you as much, probably more, as you me.

And if you haven't noticed by now, I'm just trying to create drama which you are falling for oh so well, keep it up.

Taurusos
10-01-2007, 05:39 PM

And if you haven't noticed by now, I'm just trying to create drama.

Dont try that cheap shit on me. No, you got ganked time and time over. No, you are actually sincere, you are not trying to create drama.

Skip the "im just trying to create drama" bullshit, its as old as "its was teh littol bratehr posting lolz".

Make a fucking statement and stand by it.

Fact: You should leave the game or at least these forums.

/Tau

Chimera
10-01-2007, 05:43 PM

Dont try that cheap shit on me. No, you got ganked time and time over. No, you are actually sincere, you are not trying to create drama.

Skip the "im just trying to create drama" bullshit, its as old as "its was teh littol bratehr posting lolz".

/Tau

Oh noes, tau doesn't like me. Whatever shall i do?

Also you accused me of trying to be something i'm not. You most certainly did not win time and time over you were little more than a slightly annoying warrior, don't flatter yourself dear. Try and get your facts straight.

Sethanon
10-01-2007, 05:52 PM
/hay tau

Taurusos
10-01-2007, 05:57 PM

/Tau

Oh noes, tau doesn't like me. Whatever shall i do?

Also you accused me of trying to be something i'm not. You most certainly did not win time and time over you were little more than a slightly annoying warrior, don't flatter yourself dear. Try and get your facts straight.

I dont like you. And in fact thats the only fact you did get straight.

You asked what you should do? I already told you, since you cant read, I will say it again:

Leave the game mkay?

What I am accusing you for is a kid hiding behind certain performance in forum posts and ingame chats. Which you did confirm by yourself with "i r teh elitist lolz and arrogant lolz".

You are to this date, one of the easiest warlocks if not the easiest warlock to kill in the BGs. I am not flattering myself, what I am doing is throwing your arrogant bullshit in your own face.

See, if you were something, this thread wouldnt have gotten amount of replies upon my very first post announcing you being a worthless player.

Get what facts straight hombre? Stop ending a post with a typical "get your facts straight" just to make the post look good. Relevant? No.

/Tau

Placidum
10-01-2007, 05:59 PM
tau, it's very hypocritical for you to call other people arogant mate

Taurusos
10-01-2007, 06:01 PM
tau, it's very hypocritical for you to call other people arogant mate

Its not. Reason is that this guy is performing his arrogance. I never claimed I wasnt.

/Tau

Kathra
10-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Hm, you might as well stop this before it gets locked.

No real arguments here, its just "YOU SUCK" vs "I SUCK"

Kinda pointless guys ;/

Placidum
10-01-2007, 06:02 PM
ok, it just seems odd to tell someone off for being arogant when you know your arogant yourself

ber
10-01-2007, 06:03 PM

Kinda pointless guys ;/

NO U

Hephaestos
10-01-2007, 06:03 PM

Kinda pointless guys ;/

NO U!

ber
10-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Haha, n1 Hephaestos. :P

Chimera
You flame me so but your behavior is typically the very same and far more frequent than mine.

Also, stop with the immature "leave the game". I don't think anyone has ever or ever will leave the game because someone has told them to, its never going to accomplish anything because no one cares that much about others think, particularly people like yourself.

Kathra

Kinda pointless guys ;/

NO U!

>;[

Taurusos
10-01-2007, 06:05 PM
ok, it just seems odd to tell someone off for being arogant when you know your arogant yourself

Mate, I told him off for his theater performance trying to be something that doesnt even fit his cheap posts on these forums. He is trying too hard and failing at it.

Im telling him off for his admiration to become "elitist" and his high thoughts of him as a player.

/Tau

Magnar
10-01-2007, 06:06 PM
It's sad too see Taurusos brag about killing people in BGs, since it hardly ever happens.

Taurusos
10-01-2007, 06:08 PM
You flame me so but your behavior is typically the very same and far more frequent than mine.

Also, stop with the immature "leave the game". I don't think anyone has ever or ever will leave the game because someone has told them to, its never going to accomplish anything because no one cares that much about others think, particularly people like yourself.

I will stop flaming you. Why? You bored me. This thread showed the very fact that you set up a play of trying to be something.

Stand by your statements. Dont get all soft and squishy kid.

Also, people didnt leave the game when someone told them to, thats true.

Never say never though.

/curtains down

/Tau

Chimera
10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
There goes the bet i couldn't get you to seven pages :/

Fintan
10-01-2007, 06:29 PM
I'll probably never get the chance to PvP with you again, ever, so I'm basing my claims on what I've seen and personally experienced. Would you rather it were otherwise and I simply make my own guesses? Also, it was nothing to do with fear/seduce, it was simply "some stupid came and helped me". I remember because it was right when I started PvPing, even before I could afford a respec after getting my blue tanking gear ;). Guess who the protection warrior I mentioned was. :razz:

Anyway, it seems you don't care and Tau no longer cares, so not much point in dragging out a single opinion out over any more sodding pages. :|

Chonar
10-01-2007, 06:37 PM
There goes the bet i couldn't get you to seven pages :/

Failure.

Leave the game plz.

Chimera
10-01-2007, 06:38 PM
OMG STFU

I PWN YOU IN BATTELGRUNDZ.

LEAVE GAEM NUBZ.

Chonar
10-01-2007, 06:39 PM
OMG STFU

I PWN YOU IN BATTELGRUNDZ.

LEAVE GAEM NUBZ.

MY WARLOK ALT HAS UNCOVERED ALL YUR DIRTY SECRITZ

PREPARE TO BE IN PAAAAIIIIIIN

Proterra
10-01-2007, 06:41 PM
whats with chim calling tau dear anyway? issues?

Chimera
10-01-2007, 06:43 PM
STFU U GETZ OWND BY UR PET, LOZL

U NO NOTIN

Chonar
10-01-2007, 07:17 PM
7th page \o/

Chimera
10-01-2007, 07:25 PM
\o/ \o\ /o/ \o/

Trupiaczacha
10-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Trupitardka. Seriously, come back when your braincells outnumber your eyeballs..

If you don't have anything nice to say, please stfu.

if u cant spell 1 singel easy :wink: name stfu.

and u will never learn to respect ppl as i see... u prove u same kid as u were back then saying u pre in MCO pnw all horde etc. Same kid.

Chimera
10-01-2007, 07:44 PM
I stick to what i said in your quote.

(8?)

Abberare
10-01-2007, 07:49 PM
whats with chim calling tau dear anyway? issues?

Side effect of Khlysti's grooming I think ;(

Taurusos
10-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Trupitardka. Seriously, come back when your braincells outnumber your eyeballs..

if u cant spell 1 singel easy :wink: name stfu.

and u will never learn to respect ppl as i see... u prove u same kid as u were back then saying u pre in MCO pnw all horde etc. Same kid.

Trupi man, I know your sig is from a song, remember the name? Wanna download it.

Its some hiphop or rnb joint.

Let me know pls :)

/Tau

Maur
10-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Trupitardka

Zajebiste :D od dzis tak cie bede nazywal buhahahaa :D

Vegelus
10-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Trupitardka

A da się inaczej? Przecież to akurat i tak prawda jest.

ber
10-01-2007, 07:58 PM
buhahahaa :D

That was some evil laughing right there! :P

Elayna
10-01-2007, 08:26 PM
It's sad too see Taurusos brag about killing people in BGs, since it hardly ever happens.

I dont see Taurusos bragging about killing other people, unless you count Chimera. But then you really cant brag about it becouse he is shit. One of many Coi people, who`s got the gear, but not the skill.

Magnar
10-01-2007, 08:30 PM

I dont see Taurusos bragging about killing other people, unless you count Chimera. But then you really cant brag about it becouse he is shit. One of many Coi people, who`s got the gear, but not the skill.

We got as many ppl who are good at pvp as every other guild, the difference is that we all got good gear, so your point is kinda moot.

Thordyn
10-01-2007, 08:35 PM

I'd like to start another Gear vs. Skill debate by saying;
Surely if we didn't have the skill, we couldn't get the gear? :roll:

Edit:
actually I take that back.. a good look at some people from top-end guilds disproves that theory entirely..

Taurusos
10-01-2007, 08:41 PM

I'd like to start another Gear vs. Skill debate by saying;
Surely if we didn't have the skill, we couldn't get the gear? :roll:

You guys very well know that I have been supportive of your progress. I ve spoken to you guys on vent etc. I have also at times defended the bandwagon of jumping you as guild.

However, thordyn, both you and me know that with the gear it doesnt have to mean that the skill exicsts. Being at the right place with 35 others thank to have been lucky to ride on other ppls success is very possible in this game.

Thankfully, the likes of Chimeras will be less due to 25 man capping and freeriders being closed out naturally.

Your guild being successfull and insanely skilled, im the first one to agree with. Hands down.

However, skill being equal for all members, doesnt have to be a fact.

/Tau

Maur
10-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Stop talking about no skills.. unskilled can be man who dinged lvl 60 first time.. but some one who play longer raiding/pvping (some uber instances and playing in good premedes) Must have some clue. Ofc he dont need be the best.. but its big difrence to call him/annyone a shit player...

Thordyn
10-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Being at the right place with 35 others thank to have been lucky to ride on other ppls success is very possible in this game.
Oh definitely. I'm certain that a healthy number of our members (yes, people in coi), are only in their current position because the members who actually know what they're doing pulled these people along, and subsequently earned them some epix.

I'm including myself in that group btw.
Considering the people surrounding me, I'm not 'skilled' enough to deserve the position I'm in. The only reason I got into coi was because I was around at the beginning, not of the guild, but of Shadowsong.

As far as a decreased raiding cap in TBC goes, I'm sure if we had someone a little more ruthless as our guildleader, we could say goodbye to a fair number of our members before the expansion hit. Simply because they're not good enough anymore.

Elayna
10-01-2007, 08:54 PM

We got as many ppl who are good at pvp as every other guild, the difference is that we all got good gear, so your point is kinda moot.

Yes, but the ones who sucks in pvp usally dont say the opposite, in most guilds atleast. Many guilds have people who sucks at pvp, and if that guild is short on people or is just looking a few fun matches and the guys who suck wants in, ofc they join. In most guilds its about having fun and working as a team. But when people who sucks come bragging about how good they are on the forums, just becouse a good healer in their team or good gear saves their ass. That is what pisses me off. Thats the difference from coi and other guilds. Guess some of your members think they got to take care of that image that all coi people rock at both pvp and pve (which is the case for a few of your members including yourself). But as for Chimera and a many others. Who keep claiming their good becouse they can kill people, not thanks to skill, but gear really is sad.

Thordyn
10-01-2007, 08:57 PM
But as for Chimera and a many others. Who keep claiming their good becouse they can kill people, not thanks to skill, but gear really is sad.
If I'm honest I think you've picked the wrong person..
Chimera actually is good at both. :?

You may have a point though, I have no idea how Chim would do were he to have gear from ZG/AQ20 etc, rather than AQ40/Naxx/BWL gear.
Meh who knows. *shrug*

Chimera
10-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Heh, love how people are making unfounded claims, those who have PvE'd with me have already defended me freely.

My gear nowadays is below that of most CoI's locks due to a few months absence yet i still manage to compete in the damage meters, often coming 2nd. Thats not because the other locks are shit (quite the contrary), its pretty close 7th overall in a recent patchwerk try. If "my pet would kill me" this would be nigh impossible.

You don't like me, i don't like you. Get the fuck over it or start bringing something you have a genuine basis to go on to the table.

Oh and Elayna, i've probably never spoken to you before, or PvP'd with you. If i have its probably been only once or twice. Do you honestly think someone in your position has an opinion on this matter worth anything?

Stop jumping on random bandwagons because you think it'll make you look better. It won't.

ber
10-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Now Playing: Kyle - Feel like pwning noobs (2:11)

Edit: Here are the lyrics if someone else wants to join along and doesn't know them already (for some obscure reason)

Feel like pwning noobs

It's something that I have to do
I feel like pwning noobs
The time of my defeat is through
I'm totally going to pwn you

Instead of my fingers i'll use my toes
I'll still play way better than you
Thats what i'll do
(guitar solo)
I feel like pwning noobs
Feel like pwning feel like pwning, feel like pwning
Pwning noobs

Elayna
10-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Oh and Elayna, i've probably never spoken to you before, or PvP'd with you. If i have its probably been only once or twice. Do you honestly think someone in your position has an opinion on this matter worth anything?

Lol...

Not only have I dueled you many times, but Ive also pvped with you for atleast more than 20 matches. So yes. I know that I am talking about. Its not like I am the only one claiming you suck anyway. Open your eyes mate, time to face the truth.

ber
10-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Now Playing: teh_pwnerer_-_teh_noob_song (2:23)

Come on, sing along now!

The lyrics:

teh_noob_song

Hey noobs, I'm going to like totally like pwn you noobs
Cause I pwn you, like I pwn you like pretty hard and stuff right
I'm going to give you some spanks
Just like you're like Kyle and you suck ass at all the games you try to play
Cause I pwn you, I pwn you like pretty hard and stuff right
(nice) Pwn you.. I pwn you like you're like somebody's mom trying to play the games
I pwn you (Is that on? I dont think)
I will pwn you.. sometime.. maybe when we play the game

[Hey Noobs la la la la la la la la la la
I pwn you la la la la la la la la la]
Noobs.. I just like, kind of want to let you know,
That like I totally like pwn, like you.. and ahh,
You know you may think that like maybe one day like maybe I won't like anymore,
But that's wrong..I'm always going to pwn you, cause I'm teh_pwnerer, it's just what I
do

[I pwn you la la la la la la la la la la
like you're someone's mom la la la la la la la la la]
I pwn you like pretty hard and stuff right, oh you want some of that?
You're someones mom.. Oh you begging for the mercy now

I'm gonna give you some spanks.. Cause you're total noob and you'll suck ass at
every game you try to play
I pwn all.

Maur
10-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Rofl Ãœber xD

Abberare
10-01-2007, 10:03 PM
MAH BALLS!

Chimera
10-01-2007, 10:16 PM

Lol...

Not only have I dueled you many times, but Ive also pvped with you for atleast more than 20 matches. So yes. I know that I am talking about. Its not like I am the only one claiming you suck anyway. Open your eyes mate, time to face the truth.

An equal amount who have played with me far more will testify otherwise.

This is getting repetitive and boring.

Trupiaczacha
10-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Trupitardka

A da się inaczej? Przecież to akurat i tak prawda jest.

prawda ? kim Ty jestes ? wogole ? co Ty wiesz ? jakis szczun i nic wiecej imo :lol:

soulshift
10-01-2007, 10:45 PM
I don't really know Chimera, only played a few matches with him when I was with him in a premade on Amrun. He was there when I needed him, but he's no Ashen.
It doesn't make him a bad lock though. That's all I'll say regarding this. :p

Offa
10-01-2007, 11:08 PM
You guys very well know that I have been supportive of your progress.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/ergoaddict/drama.jpg

sorry, I couldn't resist.

Quality drama thread btw.

Proterra
10-01-2007, 11:11 PM
uh..what the hell has that got to do with tau NOT being supportive of cois raid though?

duuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh

Offa
10-01-2007, 11:18 PM
eh? nothing prot Oo
we all know he's genuinely supportive of CoI, no-one's daft enough to think they got where they did just on pally buffs

It's just taking stuff out of context for a laugh - taur being supportive of a guild's progress on one hand, and then putting that same progress down to paladins on the other (when we've spent all night wiping and he's pissed because the extra boost from pallies would probably have tipped the scales in our favour). we know he's not serious ;)

Proterra
10-01-2007, 11:19 PM
I kinda hoped youd shout and swear at me and then wed have a 5 page drama fight :( you kids these days!!

want some of mai popcorn?

Taurusos
10-01-2007, 11:20 PM

Um...by golly!

LOL

I stand by that statement.

Nothing to hide.

But hey, good try.

I support their progress still. Does it have anything to do with the fact that I said in that cute "spy" screenshot of yours? No.

According to me, do paladins change alliance progress to better? Yes. Never said otherwise.

Would love to see you explain that screenshot, one who posted it kinda failed.

/Tau

Proterra
10-01-2007, 11:21 PM
see? now hes all flame-grilled up!

GEDDIT? FLAMEGRILLED? LOL

http://www.wingspizzanthings.com/img/food_burger.jpg

Taurusos
10-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Actually, I was serious. Then again, I hate wipes so what I said might sound harsher than what I actually meant.

However, I do think that, for reasons we dont have to go to far in to, since we will end up with faction differences, that one thing that does favore alliance side, is the fact of having players with healing and mobile buffs that horde hasnt had for a long while until now. See: shamans who cant bloody carry their totems around.

/Tau

Offa
10-01-2007, 11:23 PM
damn i forgot this was a drama thread... um... you all suck! and er, chimera fails at flag guarding.. or something... and can't pvp for shit, yeah!

Taurusos
10-01-2007, 11:24 PM
damn i forgot this was a drama thread... um... you all suck! and er, chimera fails at flag guarding.. or something... and can't pvp for shit, yeah!

Nah its ok, for a second yes, I thought you had a flaming thing going and got like wtf.

But didnt get agitated, too tired at this time.

/Tauyawn

Offa
10-01-2007, 11:33 PM
nah, i suck at flaming.
you need to watch what you say with me though, I consider all comments made in green to be fair game for later forums amusement ^^ Observe:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/ergoaddict/1.jpg

edit; hah, nice sig :D

Ammanna
11-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Thankfully, the likes of Chimeras will be less due to 25 man capping and freeriders being closed out naturally.

Aside from the fact that you have never raided with Chimera and therefore have no basis whatsoever to judge his input in a raid instance, I will tell you this: Having done so when he was in MCO, he was an asset that put 110% into what he did and helped carry MCO into progress raids. I would be happy to have him in my 25 man raid groups any day.

Your posts smell of "I feel the need to talk down to someone to make myself look big." and in fact just make you look like your on a mission to prove something when it's not needed.

Offa
11-01-2007, 12:27 AM
oi! stop that! this is my thread now!

BANG!

Alright people this is a stick up! Don't nobody move, and put your valuables in this here sack!

Senex
11-01-2007, 12:31 AM
With all the changes to Warlocks' spells and talents, is Affliction still the best spec for levelling from 1 to 60, or has it been overthrown by Demonology?

Ammanna
11-01-2007, 12:32 AM
/Pat Offa
/trade Offa 50s for the effort.

Offa
11-01-2007, 12:38 AM
it's been some time since i levelled my warlock, however;

i always found drain tanking with affliction to be far more effective than anything else. stack up the dots, drain life, let the mob hit you, use nightfall for the odd shadowbolt, and use the pet as a mana battery with dark pact. affliction spec means hurting the other mob you're doing at the same time more.

felguard seems to have been nerfed, i doubt it could hold aggro well enough or do enough damage to make demo spec worth it.

Kinshara
11-01-2007, 12:52 AM
Went for demo on my 48 lock after the recent shuffle, and the voidy actually holds aggro now vs. 3xdots+wanding.

Using that, health funnel, and the occasional lifetap or drainlife as appropriate... I never need to stop. Demo's quite impressive now; especially pre-60 since demonic knowledge gives you freebie +dmg.

Affliction draintanking is still very powerful, and the buff to dark pact likely means you wouldn't run out of mana there very easily either.

Mojo
11-01-2007, 12:58 AM
What Ammanna said.

Also, trupitardka, tau, and fintan, you're complete morons, Leave the game pls.

Offa
11-01-2007, 01:04 AM
1g? i could make a living out of this

Trupiaczacha
11-01-2007, 01:58 AM
What Ammanna said.

Also, trupitardka, tau, and fintan, you're complete morons, Leave the game pls.

next kid of CoI ( i join CoI now i eat all brains i know all better) If you don't have anything nice to say, please stfu.

i will not post here scrn. from ppl that you think are gods in PvP and u look up on them.

but maybe one day u will know if they will say it poblic. and u will open u eyes.

next time you post something plz Think twice.

Chonar
11-01-2007, 02:29 AM
HELLO CHIMERAA
ITS 3:30 IN THE MORNING

AND MY LVL 50 WARLOK JUST GOT

SPRITECASTER CAEP

LINK HERE (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=6929)

u jealous?
i know u are
gruze and adria helped me get it
cuz they think you'z so smelly.

fantasy
11-01-2007, 03:41 AM
since this is a funny ego topic:

I pwn ashen, solk, malison, as0ra, lilska, chonar, amaia, serup and magnar at the same time.

that felt good.

Thrane
11-01-2007, 03:53 AM
*swings down axe to fantasy's faic*

I win.

soulshift
11-01-2007, 04:05 AM
*swings down axe to fantasy's faic*

I win.

You do know that for each time a warrior wins, a million others will recieve a nerf along side with the warrior that won, don't you?

Harshak
11-01-2007, 06:58 AM

So, wait, we can only post nice things, yet you and you're followers are allowed to insult whoever they seem fit?
Double standards crits you for more hp that you currently have. You die.

AnteroVipune
11-01-2007, 07:21 AM
That wasnt very nice thing to say Harshak. Maybe you should stop posting.

Harshak
11-01-2007, 07:28 AM
That wasnt very nice thing to say Harshak. Maybe you should stop posting. :cry:

Everybody should just agree on insulting Jeff, nobody can argue with that.

Senex
11-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Ah, I get it now. It's a warlock conspiracy to sow dissent, discord and drama among us, so that when their Burning Legion masters arrive, we'd be easy pickings.

Alverion
11-01-2007, 09:43 AM

That is almost correct, except CoI have paladins like Jeff >.>

Ashym
11-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Lawl I just realised Ammanna typo'd his own name in his sig.

Asura
11-01-2007, 10:23 AM
since this is a funny ego topic:

I pwn ashen, solk, malison, as0ra, lilska, chonar, amaia, serup and magnar at the same time.

that felt good.

I had cooldowns tbh! Oh and wasn't full team either...

Shadowfist
11-01-2007, 11:52 AM
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6249/lolci9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Chonar
11-01-2007, 01:30 PM

But that's because Jeff's a what?

Thrane
11-01-2007, 01:51 PM

But that's because Jeff's a what?

An idiot!! \o/

Moomonde
11-01-2007, 02:53 PM
and there's me thinking we were having a philisophical discussion on DoTs...

MOAR DOTS! MORE DRAAM!

Coldpwa
11-01-2007, 05:49 PM
/drama

FINTAN SUCKS

AND SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE!

Kabhanda
11-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Atleast he doesn't pvp with an imp.

Coldpwa
11-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Atleast he doesn't pvp with an imp.

:o

Kathra
11-01-2007, 06:33 PM
D:

Meri
11-01-2007, 07:09 PM
On matters of pvp, TBC will at first level the field a bit since many upgrades can be got by people not in high end raid guilds.
On that note, isn't being top geared something that actually hampers skill development? Like the wise words of Casanunda, the worlds second greatest lover, "he tries harder". I believe that the underdog will develop better skills than the top dog just from the increased challenge they face.
But I digress, must go buy alcihole for my birthday. :P

Kathra
11-01-2007, 07:12 PM
On matters of pvp, TBC will at first level the field a bit since many upgrades can be got by people not in high end raid guilds.
On that note, isn't being top geared something that actually hampers skill development? Like the wise words of Casanunda, the worlds second greatest lover, "he tries harder". I believe that the underdog will develop better skills than the top dog just from the increased challenge they face.

See you on the chatbox then?

;P

Ogg
11-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Thread bumped for signaturity.

Mithadriel
11-01-2007, 08:18 PM
This thread fails.

Meri
11-01-2007, 08:30 PM

See you on the chatbox then?

;P

I already was there, of all things defending Khly >_< I think I'm going totally bonkers finally.