View Full Version : Wowhead search box

Gumdrops
04-01-2007, 02:51 PM
I just saw this page http://www.wowhead.com/?spread

I thought it might be a good idea to have one on the front page in the left or right column?

Flawless
04-01-2007, 02:52 PM
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=include

would also be very cool

Zamruel
04-01-2007, 03:04 PM
maybe we should put this forum on www.wowhead.com ?

Turiel
04-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Oh cool stuff. I'll look into adding them, although that search box doesn't seem to allow customisation for styles.

Elexin
04-01-2007, 03:17 PM
I hate to say it... but I don't really see the point. Badge or whatever maybe for easy linkage and/or support or whatever... Search box or talent trees though?

The talent calculator it could supply for this site doesn't display simultaneous trees, which is the thing wowhead stood out for originally... and anyone who wants to make talent trees can get to their site or the official wow site rather easily to do so.
As for a searchbox... anyone who wants one is easily able to type in wowhead.com ... or one of the others, seeing as they each have things they 'excel' at.

I also don't believe people would use it if it were there.
Rather few people use the SSE frontpage anyway :P

(They're also all black, and our site is whiteish...)

Gumdrops
04-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Lot's of people use the front page, the chat box is there. I have the chatbox open aswell as the forums most of the time. And my bookmark is the homepage, to check the top threads/blue posts and the latest news.

Basically, the front page does get used - by a lot of people. Just look at the post Turiel made, 7TB (or something, it was obscene) of bandwidth because that video was on the front page.

Nensec
04-01-2007, 07:44 PM
would be cool if you somehow made the chatbox appear beside the forums too

Turiel
05-01-2007, 07:00 AM
would be cool if you somehow made the chatbox appear beside the forums too

I can but it takes up too much space, we're already a limited width site.

Nensec
05-01-2007, 02:11 PM
talking about width, when are you planning to fix the damn forums so we can actually see full pictures?

Corruption
05-01-2007, 02:53 PM
You can, use the scroller on the bottom of your browser. Its a free forum, dont complain :)

Elexin
05-01-2007, 04:12 PM
talking about width, when are you planning to fix the damn forums so we can actually see full pictures?

I've noticed if I load SSE in IE, I can see whole pictures as it resizes them, so I always assumed it was just a firefox thing that likes making people scroll.
Besides, if people really want people to see their pictures, they can always make them smaller ;)

Proterra
05-01-2007, 04:15 PM
elexins got a point, and it is firefox but if you made the width any bigger it would look too fat and chunky

Gumdrops
05-01-2007, 04:25 PM
The theme is a fixed width forum, any decent browser will add scroll bars to anything that makes the width er, wider, than the theme is supposed to be.

It's peoples resolutions too, my 1600x1200 res for example has 16 foot of room either side of the edge of the forum - whereas others might have a 800x600 and not have any room at all either side. So yeah, I vote new theme.

Elexin
05-01-2007, 04:26 PM
I like this theme. Bit bland but at least its clear and I can read stuff easily... which is more than can be said for a lot of forums, frankly.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that :P

Flawless
05-01-2007, 04:29 PM
its too bland, its like moving into a new house and all the walls are cream :(

JeFF
05-01-2007, 11:59 PM
The theme is fien, lrn2likeit!

Nensec
06-01-2007, 12:15 AM
the theme is fine, the point where it doesnt adjust to the content isnt