View Full Version : My Account are stolen (Morghanna) plz help me if posible

Henrikno1
01-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Hi!

My account are stolen!
I was stolen betwin 01:30(1/1) - 13:40 (1/1)

This is the chars I realy liked to play and played many hours.

Morghanna (Horde Hunter lvl 60)
Fatwa (Horde Druid lvl 48)
Morguetisha (Horde rogue lvl 55)

I had 7 more chars on the Shadowsong server but I didn´t played them so often.

So if you see some of this 3 chars above please contact GM or somebody on Blizzard or e-mail me. (042159454@bredband.net)

Utena
01-01-2007, 11:13 PM
can you not gain access through password retrieval?

Turiel
01-01-2007, 11:38 PM
You can, as long as you remember your 'Secret Question'. Or rather, the answer to it.

Kabhanda
02-01-2007, 12:00 AM
You don't need the answer, the CD key is enough (they recognise that most sane people give an answer of oahwdfawajpdqjjjjq8h3lqj to anything for password retrieval)

Valoran
02-01-2007, 01:12 AM
You really shouldn't give out such personal information Khlysti. Someone else might've bashed totally different random keys.

To the OP, go through the blizzard password retrieval system on the wow homepage (via the account options in the top right) and change your password asap. Then you might want to scan your computer for viruses and spyware, details on exactly what you're looking for can be found somewhere in this forum or on worldofraids.com. Once you've done that, log back in and see what the damage is, page a GM and explain the situation.

After that, your account will probably be locked while blizzard investigate the situation and hopfully your items will be returned to you, minus enchants and any gold your characters might've had.

Uzumaki
02-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Aw Morgh :'( lets hope you get this fixed soon, without too much loss.

Hang in there m8!

-Shep-

Mischief
02-01-2007, 12:05 PM
You don't need the answer, the CD key is enough (they recognise that most sane people give an answer of oahwdfawajpdqjjjjq8h3lqj to anything for password retrieval)
Off Topic: I read a paper once where a technique to fingerprint people based on random keyboard drummings was described. You can identify keyboard characteristics (QWERTY, AZERTY, ergonomic, etc) using this technique and also individual users based on how we drum our fingers. Some drum inside to out, some outside to in, and we tend to drum our two hands at different speeds.

The technique was used to assess whether two text samples (source code in this case) were written by the same author based on random drummings found in string constants and code comments.

The paper also discussed techniques to identify individuals by analysing the spectrum of words and idioms they used.

I'll try and dig it out.

Edit: I found it but it's in the form of a Powerpoint presentation converted to a PDF so it's completely unsuitable for cutting and pasting.

OP: Contact Blizzard.

Tizzeltoffla
03-01-2007, 09:39 AM
He has contacted Blizzard now and got his account back, but they sold everything on all of his characters. Thank god they didn't destroy the pvp-armor when they couldn't sell it and they didn't delete his characters, but still... a lot of time wasted.

I hope they're able to see where the hacker sent the money to and will do something about it. Or atleast have some sort of information of what we had and give it back to him, even though I think it's impossible.

I consider Morghanna as one of my best friends in real life and I know for sure he wouldn't give out his account info to anyone, so I guess he's been keylogged, hacked or something.

I know it's "just" a game, but pretty scary if you ask me - after all, some of us do spend a lot of hours here. :)

Bah, saw he posted another thread about this, sorry! :)