View Full Version : Wanted - Paladins on saturday evening

Parcival
29-12-2006, 11:25 AM
For a Paladin Only ZG run (30st of december).

Yesterday, me and 4 others wanted to try something new - an instance run with only paladins. So, we headed to BRD, and a bit tentative at first, but more and more certain of ourselves, we fought our way to kill the emperor in a bit over 40 minutes.

Our setup was -
1 healadin
3 DPSadins
1 tankadin

We were all in (about) Tier 2 gear.

We had alot of time left, so just for fun we decided to go to UBRS and see how we would do there.... and apperantly us 5 were vastly overpowered for the poor dragonkin, as we cut through them as a knife cuts trough butter. Ok, at the point where you could jump down in Rend's room the dragonkin, when pulled, decided to walk around and get some more mobs with them, so we wiped there... then with the Rend encounter we didn't know there now comes with him a group of dragonkin and whelps so we wiped there too the first times (first time because we were surprised, second time because we thought it was a bug and we didn't prepare well enough).

Then when we had Gyth down, Rend didn't spawn... so we were stuck, and couldn't continue the instance without resetting it, and we called it a day.

So what did we see in this run... 1. it was great fun to do something out of the ordinary. 2. a group of paladins as opposed to a mix of classes is a very viable (in my opinion) group. 3. As sidenote - the tank did 27% of the damage while the DPSadins did 20%-22%... Reckoning ftw!

Now for this saturday... because we had so much fun, and we want to see more of what paladin action can do, we want to organize a ZG run with only paladins.

So if you're interested, reply here please... with how you're specced if possible. The time we will start is 19:30 game time.

Paladins, Join the fun!

Edit: Loot rules: Need on all BoE, ML and then need on BoP for bosses. And remember this is about fun, not loot :p

simonswt
29-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Im certainly in for this BRD and Ubrs was soo fun.

Spec = Holy10/Prot11/Ret30

Firesoul
29-12-2006, 01:15 PM
I take priority on Idols k?

Robinvi
29-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Yesterday, me and 4 others wanted to try something new - an instance run with only paladins. So, we headed to BRD, and a bit tentative at first, but more and more certain of ourselves, we fought our way to kill the emperor in a bit over 40 minutes.

Me and Serup 2 man'ed BRD in 40 mins :P

TroldePus
29-12-2006, 01:19 PM

Me and Serup 2 man'ed BRD in 40 mins :P

I once soloed Madonna.

True story.

pegastud
29-12-2006, 01:45 PM
I once soloed Madonna.

True story.

:'( too me she said she would only go down if there were 2 of us :(

Parcival
29-12-2006, 02:10 PM
So... Firesoul and Robinvi are in?

Robinvi
29-12-2006, 02:20 PM
So... Firesoul and Robinvi are in?

GF is here for the weekend, so i doubt it. But if im online feel free to ask me.

Über
29-12-2006, 02:41 PM
If someone opens my account again and pays the transfer fees so I could get my pala on SS you can count on me being there.

fifo
29-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Matanius -Retrib Specc
5/0/46

wanna join... :roll:

Earny
29-12-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm in, holy spec :P

Backup
29-12-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm in - backup 60 human pally 51/0/0

Whisper me in game

Miniloth
29-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Miniloth is in.

Ajial
29-12-2006, 09:44 PM
I'll try and be around... Ridos cant remember spec i think its 41/10/0 (if the master doesnt drag me to ZG on some other character.. evil Kaeln :<)

Mcmuff
29-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Parci, you know I'll be there. ;)

Parcival
29-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Hehe i dont need exact specs, just overall healing - prot - or retri spec :p

Great to see so many ppl wanting to join. Need more DPS :D

Also - we will use TeamSpeak me thinks... we got a server, and i COULD lead... but i rather have a more experienced person doing that, be it leading on TS or with /rs .

Meh we'll see :p we probably will just walk about in there and gawk at the sights while accidently killing all bosses.

Parcival
31-12-2006, 03:55 PM
I am posting this for Repsac for now, he posted this on our WARD forum:

First we gathered up inside ZG:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p190/Repsacdk/WoWScrnShot_123006_195840.jpg

We then went onwards to pwn Venoxis but got pwned instead. Simply not enough dmg so our healers ended up running oom.

Then we went to pwn the spider boss. We did better with this boss and had some good attempts but still our lack of higher dps forced us to wipe.

After ZG the dmg/heal meters looked like this:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p190/Repsacdk/dmgmeters.jpg

All in all it was quite fun. But afterwards the real fun started. We made a 10 pally premade to WSG!! Damn it was fun. Though a hardcore premade barricaded themselves extremely well and made our attacks extremely hard. So they ended up winning, but we gave them a run for their money ;-)

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p190/Repsacdk/pallypvp.jpg

Sethanon
31-12-2006, 05:50 PM
you still busy on killing first boss ?

Luhzren
01-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Hey all, and thanks to Parcival for posting this for me :)

Sethanon, we might try it again at some point, but for now we're just trying out random things for the fun of it. We also went to BRD with a 5 man group and cleared it in 40 minutes. We then went to UBRS (still with only 5 pallies) and cleared up to and including Rend. Unfortunately the encounter bugged for us, so the doors never opened after :(

I see these paladin runs as a great way to try out playstyles with your pally. You are able to try out different things and compare yourself to many other pallies, which will give you a much clearer view of your performance. A funny thing is that Parcival was our MT and is specced protection (0/44/7) and he's actually the number 1 damage dealer. I'm seriously thinking about going protection for levelling once TBC arrives, which I would never even have considered before...

Parcival
01-01-2007, 11:37 AM
I just like to thank all the paladins who joined up, and for the great time i had :)

The trash in ZG went down nice and easy, perhaps a bit slower as our regular ZG raid with all classes. On the bosses, like Repsac said, we had problems... but i believe if we were more experienced with this raiding group, and learned how to best play everything, we could do it.

After ZG, when we went into WSG with 10 paladins, i would love to see the look on the faces of the premade we had against us hehe... or the look on the face of the lonely Warlock who joined us the second WSG when he saw we were all Paladins.

To win a BG with only paladins, against an experienced WSG premade, is i think near impossible. We lack some specializations, like fear...

As for my experience with tanking, i think in ZG and large (harder) instances, a warrior is still the best tank because his greater damage mitigation abilities (i believe?).

All i all, again i had a great time, and i think the other paladins as well, even though we didn't really accomplice any big wins hehe.

MikoWolf
05-01-2007, 02:59 PM
i can already see for myself 10 palys jumping the enemy lock whom just uses fear to see all the paladins running in circles :P

but whis me next time you try to make another pally run somewhere, ill be there as a tankadin :) and maybe ill have 2 or 3 more palas with me :)

Parcival
05-01-2007, 07:27 PM
i'd love trying something like this again. But my.... inspiration as organizer is for the moment a bit short... *hint hint ;)*

MikoWolf
06-01-2007, 07:10 PM
dont look at me, :P im planning the wow olympics :P

Xnare
08-01-2007, 10:37 AM
i'd love trying something like this again. But my.... inspiration as organizer is for the moment a bit short... *hint hint ;)*

Just put up a post and plan it on a week night when most people can join =D

Miniloth
13-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Well kruul is a demon how about 40 pallys hitting exorcism, 40x600=24k damage, then bubble holy wrath, 600x40=24k damage, then holy shock 500x40=20k damage then seal of crusader/ judgement 400x40=16k dps, thats 84k damage before bubble wears off.

Not sure how much hp he has got, but you were looking for ideas.

MikoWolf
13-01-2007, 12:41 AM
worht a try altough i have to say that it will be holy shock 500x39=19.5k

im specced prot :/

Tsarina
13-01-2007, 02:07 AM
A funny thing is that Parcival was our MT and is specced protection (0/44/7) and he's actually the number 1 damage dealer. I'm seriously thinking about going protection for levelling once TBC arrives, which I would never even have considered before...Unlike you, I'm not a paladin. But I still advice you to think it over a couple of more times and this time add Spiritual Attunement to the equation.

Arthran
14-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Im personally prot as i am becoming a tank for my guild, but i would stay one of the best pala grinding builds is 40/0/11

enough to get seal of command but also enough to get Holy Guidance, tons of damamge from your SoC and Holy Shocks will make grinding easier, you can get some very ncie burst damage from that