View Full Version : Horde Rogue Poison Quest - How To

Bunneh
16-12-2006, 02:22 PM
This is how I did it yesterday and I hope it will help out new Horde rogues.

It's very simple to do, just requires a little patience. Best to wait until you are 22 when you get Distract and Vanish, also level 80 Lock Picking is required - if you haven't got that head to the ship on the coast near Ratchet, in the 'Captain's' Room there's rapidly spawning lock boxes, level up to 80 there. You can also head to Stonetalon Mountains into the Venture Co. lands and pick boxes there.

First of all you need to Pick Pocket the Goblin (Foreman Silixiz - 22) outside the tower. So go along the ridge to the left of him and watch the two Undead NPC patrol. If you take your time you can get behind the Goblin mob and pick his pocket for the key - that is doable, easily, at 20.

The two Undead NPCs walking about outside do nothing, they're mainly to make it awkward for you, avoid them if possible, they don't count to kills on the quest, as I found out (learn to read quest notes Bunneh)

Make your way into the building and you will see two Drones (lvl 25) - Use distract and have them turn their backs to you. Sneak up behind the closest and AMBUSH it, it will die instantly. The other mob will aggro, unless it's out of line of sight, so vanish and wait, then distract that mob, then again Ambush it, it dies in one shot.

Next make your way slowly upstairs, there's 2 Goblins, these die very fast as soon as you apply a RUPTURE or GARROTE (thanks AnteroVipune :) ). You can use whatever tactics you require here, distract then sap, whatever, just remember to rupture the Goblin and it will get low health from the first DoT tick.

Next floor are 3 Look Out Goblins, these use a different method of dying. EVISERATE, so get only 1 point in Evis and they turn, oddly, into Slimes, Evis again and they die very very fast!

Lastly the Boss on the top floor, he's a 23 Elite (Grand Foreman Puzik Gallywix) with his back to you. AMBUSH will take half his health, pop Evasion and then Slice and Dice, he takes a bit of whacking but he dies quite quick.

Once he's dead loot his head, then the chest behind him. When you loot the chest you get poisoned - don't panic, you have seven days to get it removed. Head back to Orgrimmar and drop off your quest for your reward, the recipe to Thistle Tea.

Now you're on your way to Hillsbrad and Tarren Mill - Once you get there you will speak to the Expert Alchemist, who will give you an antidote to your poison AND you also gain the Poison making skill.

That's it - now go learn Crippling Poison and Instant Poison.

My build at the time:

Assassination :
Malice 5/5
Remorseless Attacks 2/2

Subtley
Opportunity 5/5
Master of Deception 1/5

As you can see you don't need 5/5 MoD to complete the quest. Distract makes this very easy. It is doable at 20, but 5/5 MoD is required, I think or good timing with the Drones downstairs, they are level 25.

AnteroVipune
16-12-2006, 02:27 PM
Next make your way slowly upstairs, there's 2 Goblins, these die very fast as soon as you apply a RUPTURE. You can use whatever tactics you require here, distract then sap, whatever, just remember to rupture the Goblin and it will get low health from the first DoT tick.

Opening with Garrote works too.

Senister
16-12-2006, 04:34 PM
When i did the quest i quested with Chiz, we just did it like rambo style.

"How do you steal?"
"No idea, lets just hit 'im till keys come out"
"Stealth? Whats that?"
"Guess its the same as sprint"
"Hokay ^-^"
"Sinister strike ftw!"
"1 combo point Evicscrate PWNS!"
"Yay, dead gob, where is quest item?"
"This box has it"
"Whats lockpicking?"

Oh, the memories...