13-12-2006, 10:47 PM
http://www.worldofraids.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2298

Some funny setbonusses. Priest healing set:
(2): If you Greater Heal brings your target to full health, you gain 100 mana
Gogo overheal! ROFL!

Chonar
13-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Not bad, not bad.

DPS warrior plate has far too little stamina, though. Compared to what some of the clothies get. Acting shocked in 3, 2, 1..

:O

Hmmm, but silly amounts of strength. Thats nice. Thats really nice.
And +100 AP for a couple of seconds each time we use Overpower? Not bad at all! :)

But meh, compared to tier4? So and so, is there really improvement there? Especially in the tanking items? :/

Faylin
13-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Also, great to see the priest DPS set has lots of spirit, while they didn;t actually bother to make spirit a usefull stat (and especially not for shadowpriests) Gief mana/5, k?

Maesto
13-12-2006, 10:51 PM
While MP5 is preferred for a shadowpriest, you can still pick up Med at 70, which helps a bit.

The problem with the sets (for priest) is that it's more for for "Holy Nukage". They should have made 3 sets for priests too. "Healer" "Holy Nuker" and "Shadowpriest".

Jenya
They look the same as tier4.....temporary

Faylin
But you need a bigger % then Mediation gives imo, for spirit to work. (especially since you will be inside the 5 second rule 100% of the time when DPSing)
I really hope there will be something to replace 3 piece Trans for that :(

Faylin
13-12-2006, 10:52 PM
edit: to not just whine, the 2 set bonus helps offcourse

(meh to edit-post not working)

blenda
13-12-2006, 10:53 PM
is it just me or does the priest shoulders have annoying poor stats? compare vs leggings .. (ofc the bonuses are good) and the setbonuses.. well..

Maesto
But you need a bigger % then Mediation gives imo, for spirit to work. (especially since you will be inside the 5 second rule 100% of the time when DPSing)
I really hope there will be something to replace 3 piece Trans for that :(

Ofc.

Which is why I want 3 different sets. I just wanted to point out, it's not totally wasted for a shadowpriest, but the points could have been used much better.

Also it's hard to speculate how raiding will work in TBC. Will there be Patchwerk style encounters, where you just stand and nuke or Heigan style fights where you go out of casting for prolonged periods.

I don't have very much MP5 right now and I get by fine with pots/innervates :)

Faylin
The stats are very low yes, but the 10 mana/5 and 55 healing are very high. And offcourse shoulders have less "item-points" to spend then legs.
But it looks a bit odd yes, compared to the others.

edit: and don't forget the shoulders have 2 sockets vs. 0 for the legs

Kathra
13-12-2006, 11:17 PM
When shifting out of Bear/Dire Bear Form or Cat form, your next regrowth spell takes 2.0 fewer sec to cast

I think i just died.

Llort
13-12-2006, 11:38 PM
When shifting out of Bear/Dire Bear Form or Cat form, your next regrowth spell takes 2.0 fewer sec to cast

I think i just died.

Positive or negative? :/

Kathra
13-12-2006, 11:51 PM

I think i just died.

Positive or negative? :/

Very very positive ;P

Utena
14-12-2006, 12:15 AM
But meh, compared to tier4? So and so, is there really improvement there? Especially in the tanking items? :/
Plus T5 looks awful...

Artia
14-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Hmm, only 5 pieces per set, interesting. Easier to get a second set then :)

Trupiaczacha
14-12-2006, 12:31 AM
weak... weak .. very weak. thats iven fast not a upg from t3 sets for mages ;/

Offa
15-12-2006, 10:05 PM
exactly.

looking at the stats on these, they seem FAR too weak, most especially when it comes to stamina, which as we know is supposed to be significantly increased for tbc.

I remain unconvinced that these are the "final" stats for t5; I would expect them to change prior to tbc launch, or at least prior to whatever patch it is that makes them available to us after that.

Kinshara
16-12-2006, 01:17 AM
I think the idea is that the gems you put in the sockets make up for the main stats -- so you can tailor the set to your playstyle a little more. So they will be a little stronger than previous sets, but not massively so.

Only problem is that the gems I've seen so far aren't all that impressive.

Flawless
16-12-2006, 02:44 AM
Meta sockets are cool ~.O

Moomonde
16-12-2006, 03:22 AM
if that druid tier 5 bonus to regrowth is in any way useful in PvE raids (i dont have the imagination to see how) then shapeshifting by druid seems to be needed!

but still, i like the interesting ways they use set bonuses.... shows more imagination than getting more spell crits

Kinshara
16-12-2006, 03:33 AM
if that druid tier 5 bonus to regrowth is in any way useful in PvE raids (i dont have the imagination to see how) then shapeshifting by druid seems to be needed!

but still, i like the interesting ways they use set bonuses.... shows more imagination than getting more spell crits

DPS kitty, most healing for your melee group handled by imp. LotP. Occasionally, somebody eats a large crit, and needs more. Bing! Instant heal, plus decent HoT.

'Course, for pvp now... :twisted:

Kathra
16-12-2006, 03:58 AM

DPS kitty, most healing for your melee group handled by imp. LotP. Occasionally, somebody eats a large crit, and needs more. Bing! Instant heal, plus decent HoT.

'Course, for pvp now... :twisted:

Its gonna get nerfed, on second glance thats absolutely retardedly good.

You realise this means that essentially feral druids have been GIVEN natures swiftness for absolutely zero talent points. And the fact that it doesnt seem to have a cooldown?

The only problem is the mana consumption, but with the gear we'll have available that doesnt seem to be too much of an issue atm.

Anyways, for now, its pure evil ;D;D

Corruption
16-12-2006, 11:24 AM
The T5 sets are bugged.

1) They use old world formula for STA (basically, they should get +50% sta across the board)

2) Even when using that formula, the items have an ilvl 110 item budget, not an ilvl 120 as the datamine indicates they should have (the only thing that is correct is the armor, since that's a straight automated ilvl->armor conversion)

basically, as they are now, they're "T4-like" sets, not T5. They should get 50% more STA, and then another 10% stat increase overall.

Offa
16-12-2006, 11:47 AM
thought so :)

Maur
16-12-2006, 05:35 PM

told ya :p Only 5 pieces to collect shit bonus... WoW will be so casual :/ gief 15/15 sets

Kinshara
16-12-2006, 06:23 PM

told ya :p Only 5 pieces to collect shit bonus... WoW will be so casual :/ gief 15/15 sets

For hybrids it will be 15 pieces total... :P

*cries at the thought of trying to collect and carry around 45 pieces of T5 gear for the druid*

You also have to remember that this is probably the first set from a 25 man instance, so while you may have more groups going there than for the 40 mans, you still won't get everybody.

Thrane
16-12-2006, 07:08 PM

*cries at the thought of trying to collect and carry around 45 pieces of T5 gear for the druid*

You'd drag around a feral, balance AND healing set? Healing I get. Then it'd be feral OR balance. I doubt you'd get both :P

Senex
16-12-2006, 07:10 PM
*looks at the new sets*

I'd rather dress in Arena gear, tbh.

Kinshara
16-12-2006, 07:15 PM

You'd drag around a feral, balance AND healing set? Healing I get. Then it'd be feral OR balance. I doubt you'd get both :P

Well, 10(or 30, under crazy scheme) pieces at least. And warriors/priests would have the same problem, unless they decided to go for a single pve role and not pvp.

Hurtgen
21-12-2006, 10:09 PM
from the pictures, it looks like u buy these from a vender??this true? is this some sort of rep reward sets?

Flawless
21-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Tokens drop of bosses you then "buy" them off the vendor, something like pvp stuff for instance.

Sethanon
22-12-2006, 06:57 AM
could be me ... but arent people forgetting sockets ? lots of +dmg etc can be added.

(cba to read entire thread so sorry for double post)

Hurtgen
27-12-2006, 03:17 AM
Tokens drop of bosses you then "buy" them off the vendor, something like pvp stuff for instance.

awww :( best part of killing a boss was seeing wat imba gear he drops, not knowing wat ure gonna get, the suspence added to the excitement. :)

dantheman
27-12-2006, 10:17 AM

awww :( best part of killing a boss was seeing wat imba gear he drops, not knowing wat ure gonna get, the suspence added to the excitement. :)

Yes it's great waiting to see if that item you have waited 3 months for will actually drop for once. Nelth's tear, 2 drops ever and OTD killed him ALOT. So no, the "suspense" of seeing what item drops after farming a boss for a very long time gets a little annoying.

Edit. I almost forgot about our mages in BWL :(
I think our first 10 Chromagus kills yielded 8-9 Nemesis shoulders, and 0 NW shoulders ( about 1 set after 20 kills)

Rickone
27-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Please do not remind me to that...

Killed that puppy 30+ times and never seen them drop ;(

Gyundor
27-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Please do not remind me to that...

Killed that puppy 30+ times and never seen them drop ;(

Same happened with VVV we had our first NW mantle on our (prob) last kill ever... our mages werent happy little campers