View Full Version : PvP and Fury

Schwonky
13-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Anyone else that is 41 point Fury specced and has found their PvP usefulness diminished? (apart from not obviously having the MS debuff). I won't DW during PvP cos HP pool is severely gimped with all the +hit required.

No improved overpower on rogues and hunters, no deep wounds, no impale... Rampage in the Fury tree is a great PvE talent for longer fights where you can keep it up all the time on a boss encounter or whatever, but it is virtually useless in PvP since the short PvP fights are over before it "kicks in" fully (and 30 rage that could be used to deal other damage moves rather than waiting for rampage to proc fully).

Due to this, I have respecced Arms - less PvE damage but with second wind, blood frenzy (great for PvE too - boosting rogue DPS), improved MS, improved overpower - I am loving PvP more than ever. I have noticed a lot of ex-Fury warriors are going back to Arms too...

Karadros
13-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Due to this, I have respecced Arms ... I am loving PvP more than ever.
http://yes.tw/campaign/CAMP/ilike-260x195.jpg

Faylin
13-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Wasn't like.... arms always the PvP tree?

Chonar
13-12-2006, 10:27 PM
I've somewhat kept my old spec. Fury, yes, but not 41 points. I still use Dark edge of insanity for PVP, and still dualwield to dps in PVE.
Perhaps once I got some cash again, I'll start playing with specs a bit. but for now we got 1 MS warrior in the guild smacking naxxramas beasties around, and thats enough.

Blood Frenzy's nice btw.

Utena
13-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Most players just seem happy to stand still & let me smack them about with two weaps, so while they keep that up I wont change for a while... plus I dont own a decent two hander(or any for that matter).

Joenino
13-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Uhm i use an Untamed Blade for dps/pvp and i find Fury (41 points) very handy for this 2h sword. Because i get + 30% faster hits after crits. Which means more change on proc (crusader or Untamed proc) Which makes my bloodthirst hit for more. Yesterdat in ZG for example i had every possible AP buff i could get without potions etc and i had 2557 AP!!
That was: Battleshout, untamed proc, Str totem :P, crusader proc and rampage (41 point talent x5).

Use deadwish with that and then put down Bloodthirst and some HS and see the dmg you do. Had 1.9k crit with bloodthirst and 1.7k hs crit. Would have been more if i had enrage active aswell.

So it all really depends on what wep you use for fury and if it benefits from faster attacks or not. Untamed is a good fury wep if i may say so. While others are better for arms.

Faylin
13-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Which means more change on proc (crusader or Untamed proc)

Afaik both are proc per minute, which means they will proc .. well. a fixed number of times per minute, correct me if I am wrong.

Valoran
13-12-2006, 10:45 PM
This is true.

However, I don't think special attacks are counted in the ppm calculations so you get more procs the more special attacks you do, rather than the faster your autoattack (which is what flurry increases) speed.

However, more autoattack = more rage = more specials = more procs. So it kinda holds true.

Thrane
13-12-2006, 10:46 PM
However, more autoattack = more rage = more specials = more procs. So it kinda holds true.

Except that currently the faster your weapon is the lower rage it will generate and due to a fun bug it's using the speed after haste enhancements (like flurry). So not really more rage :P

Schwonky
13-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Wasn't like.... arms always the PvP tree?

Obviously. But I think you are missing the point. Previously, Fury was a very viable build for PvP where you could spent points deep in the tree and still have some nice Arms PvP talents. And Bloodthirst hits harder than MS with the right gear.

My point was to maximise your PvE DPS you need to spec 41 points in Fury which causes you to lose the nice Arms talents... which makes PvP less fun. Rogues are more annoying than they were, rampage is useless... no impale... blah blah.

And to Joenino: Rogues and Hunters are infinitely more annoying without improved Overpower. Rogues are actually a challenge without it! rather than an annoyance

Lothereon
14-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Been messing about with 41pt Fury, and really ain't liking it, going MS in about 4 minutes ¬_¬

Karadros
14-12-2006, 12:26 AM
41pt arms for the massive massive win.

Joenino
14-12-2006, 01:09 AM
And to Joenino: Rogues and Hunters are infinitely more annoying without improved Overpower. Rogues are actually a challenge without it! rather than an annoyance

Don't really have trouble with them. 3 crit's on a rogue and he is as good as dead. Hamstring him run away and intercept should do the trick.

Only problem you have with them is when they start with stun. Then your just lost (depending on their gear ofc).

Hunters aren't that hard aslong as you can get close to them. Ofc imp overpower is very nice
but so far i didn't had problems killing rogues,hunters,warriors. Mages and warlock is just based on how lucky my crits are. Mostly i kill the lock and then just die by dots :(

Utena
14-12-2006, 01:10 AM
Only problem you have with them is when they start with stun. Then your just lost (depending on their gear ofc).

So the only trouble you have with rogues is when you fight one who "has a clue"...

ber
14-12-2006, 01:11 AM
Just had a fury warrior hit my rogue around 4k dmg under 1 sec. Not technically oneshotted but it still did the trick.

So yes, fury does still work in pvp. :(

Joenino
14-12-2006, 01:13 AM

So the only trouble you have with rogues is when you fight one who "has a clue"...

Nah only the ones that know how to stun ^^ had a premade against me last night and the rogue had full t2 well he just raped me i could get him to 50% sometimes if i even was getting out of stun :P

Valoran
14-12-2006, 01:15 AM
You kinda missed the point in that post.

Joenino
14-12-2006, 01:17 AM
You kinda missed the point in that post.

No i know what he means but not all rogues know What the fuck to do ^^.

Shadowfury
14-12-2006, 01:18 AM
Most players just seem happy to stand still & let me smack them about with two weaps, so while they keep that up I wont change for a while... plus I dont own a decent two hander(or any for that matter).

Haha now you have a decent one

Nensec
14-12-2006, 01:28 AM
i tried fury when the free respec was there, tried 2 BGs. respecced back to arms

Iyachtu
17-12-2006, 06:43 AM
I respecced to fury right after i made up my mind to quit pvp for good, while i enjoyed the pve aspect of it, i never really felt at home with a fury build in bg's.

With the new talents, without being able to reach lvl 70 yet, a mixed build doesnt make sense either (taking some arms talents, like impale, etc)
And as was mentioned, Rampage doesnt really cut it when your fights last a few secs at the most.

Lednar
26-12-2006, 06:43 PM
I've somewhat kept my old spec. Fury, yes, but not 41 points. I still use Dark edge of insanity for PVP, and still dualwield to dps in PVE.
Perhaps once I got some cash again, I'll start playing with specs a bit. but for now we got 1 MS warrior in the guild smacking naxxramas beasties around, and thats enough.

Blood Frenzy's nice btw.

Could you possible link you talent spec? I know that you have linked it before...but never seen it before =/ Wanted to see it >.<