View Full Version : Frost Trapped like whimpy!

Stim
10-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Due to my recent bg activity (which is by no means easy, guess you know why =/) encountered such an interesting *feature* like a hunter's Frost Trap. It's been said *In PvP, Crowd Control effects will last no longer than 12 seconds instead of the full duration, with a chance of a heartbeat resist*. Everytime a hunter used it I lost because of: 1. Lots of ready to charge warriors suddenly gain +combat. 2. 60% is better than 50% slowing on Hamstring ^^ 3, and the most terrifying is: why the hell trap's effect IS NOT LOCAL? I clearly remember, before 2.0 I could walk away from area of damn trap in seconds. Now, If some retard steps on it, it's like OUCH! and whole bunch of people can go anywhere and still be frozen with 40% speed... Can anybody clarify the issue? Isn't this a CC effect (so, nerf should apply)? Why the hell it's a debuff on nearby players? Or I'm really lame and couldn't leave 10 yards area of effect for 26 seconds?

Taurusos
10-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Do what I do, see a hunter?

If you see him walking sneaky backwards and he got his pet close, if you got enough time, def stance and taunt his pet. If not, just stay in whatever stance u are and CS him.

Best turnout will prolly be: you get trapped (heall lucky enough and resist) but most important, if trapped, his pet, even if on passive, will attack you and no more trap. Back to hunterguy, hamster, fear his pet.

Hunters are still easy for a warrior tbh, the fact that each time trapped if second wind spec HP goes up, even better.

/Tau

Stim
10-12-2006, 02:55 PM
/moo Taurusos
/slap Taurusos ^^
:( l2read!
The topic is about Frost Trap, not about Freezing Trap. It's about hunter's ability to slow down all nearby enemies for 60% for around half minute! The hunters didn't spec for paralise talent, so it's obviously the default Frost Trap. It results in very little time I spend with then up, close and personal and mail isn't cloth btw. My current salvation is mace stun proc but it's never there when you need one :evil:

Taurusos
10-12-2006, 03:12 PM
/moo Taurusos
/slap Taurusos ^^
:( l2read!
The topic is about Frost Trap, not about Freezing Trap. It's about hunter's ability to slow down all nearby enemies for 60% for around half minute! The hunters didn't spec for paralise talent, so it's obviously the default Frost Trap. It results in very little time I spend with then up, close and personal and mail isn't cloth btw. My current salvation is mace stun proc but it's never there when you need one :evil:

No worries, I read the topic, since I dont care how long it lasts I highjacked ya thread and tried to give you some help :)

The class is cannonfodder to warriors compared to other classes so...

/shrug

/Tau ;)

Kinshara
10-12-2006, 03:14 PM
I don't think snares are considered the same as other CC effects, since you are still capable of performing actions. I'm not sure though.

Fintan
10-12-2006, 03:31 PM
I experienced that slowing freeze trap thingy the other day. I was chasing the hunter flag carrier on my Mage, ran out of the tunnel, as expected, there's a frost trap waiting for me. No problem! Blink's there for a reason right? Right?

WRONG.

Even turning myself into molecular form and relocating 5 yards *ahead* of the trap isn't enough, I still get caught. You then wander away from the trap, but stay slowed even after you're half the map away from the bastard. I'm assuming it's not working as intended, just another casualty of the Patch, some clarification would be nice though.

Kinshara
10-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Even turning myself into molecular form and relocating 5 yards *ahead* of the trap isn't enough, I still get caught. You then wander away from the trap, but stay slowed even after you're half the map away from the bastard. I'm assuming it's not working as intended, just another casualty of the Patch, some clarification would be nice though.

Traps do have a reasonable trigger radius, you don't have to stand directly on top of them.

But staying slowed for more than about 4 seconds after leaving the frost area sounds like a bug... unless they've changed it. Prepatch I know it worked by sending out pulses (kind of like some shammy totems) that snared for a short time. If it's now applying a debuff that lasts the duration of the trap, that sounds wrong.

Edit: I haven't actually done any pvp on my hunter since the patch, given the craptastic amounts of lag in battlegrounds -- so I haven't had a chance to test the traps out yet.

Fintan
10-12-2006, 03:45 PM
My bad, I forgot to mention I didn't activate the trap. I saw the icy grass and running-blinked over it, but still got caught. The main problem was the debuff though, if I had FRAPS running I could have video'd me nearing the middle of WSG with the debuff still active. :(

Stim
10-12-2006, 04:14 PM
That's what I'm talking about ^^ Need to spank some Blizz heads! The trap is total rape unless ur a feral drood! Shall we report it somewhere? :oops: