View Full Version : 41 ret + overpowered?

Backup
06-12-2006, 06:01 PM
So after pvping a bit, dueling and so....how many of you think crusader strike on 6 sec cd and vengeance on 15% is overpowered?

i seem to be able to kill most people before HoJ runs out...so maybe the nerf is justified?

Robinvi
06-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Grats!

And well, meh retri :/

Artia
06-12-2006, 06:05 PM
So you're saying you don't like being able to actually kill stuff now?

Robinvi
07-12-2006, 12:29 AM
I personally find holy quite imba. SoR is better than SoC by far when it comes to judging dmg.

Harr
07-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Yes its lame.. would be equal to giving shammies that hammer of justice stun and pwn away while the opponent can't do anything. With shammy resto spec and earth shield I can just and just survive it but usually need ns + healing wave to have any chance after the stun wears off.

Firesoul
07-12-2006, 12:41 AM
SoR is better than SoC by far when it comes to judging dmg.

This is the truth

Backup
07-12-2006, 04:20 AM
Well i think were slightly overpowered on ret:P but then again....we deserve a month of overpowered-ness ! :D

*kills a shaman before stun wears off* *grins*

Robinvi
07-12-2006, 04:27 AM
Well i think were slightly overpowered on ret:P but then again....we deserve a month of overpowered-ness ! :D

Just wait til BG's. Casters will own you over and over again, if you are lucky you will solo one when you got bubble up. And no im not talking about green geared ones.

On a side note, nerf warlocks.

Backup
07-12-2006, 06:38 AM

Just wait til BG's. Casters will own you over and over again, if you are lucky you will solo one when you got bubble up. And no im not talking about green geared ones.

On a side note, nerf warlocks.

Havent really noticed that much increased damage from them ...then again i used to be holy against casters...which is hellish, atleast mages anyhow, repentance is sorta i win it seems, i get enough damage out before they even cast a fireball :)

then again,its mayhem in the bgs..people trying new specs etc. guess will have to wait a week.

and im enjoying being a more melee-based paladin,ret actually feels like your a holy warrior now,with spiritual attunement and all.

Rhaego
14-12-2006, 01:19 AM
well depends, retribution has far more burst damage output as holy ever can have futhermore with the new mana reduction abilities ( and looking at tier 5 set bonuses) and the fact its greatly gear based it can do very deacent damage.
Since now the Lamellar set is kind easy to gain (at least easyer that to raid), and CS scales
with gear i kinda asume retri will be quite popular at least i like it :)

In practice 6 or 10 sec doesnt make a diffirence a paladin who knows how to meele does not spam buttons as its not effective, wastes mana that you can use for trowing a healin or two. Vengeance , JC, it inflaunces only the speed you need to kill caters with stunlocking
It only makes CS purpose of mentaining all judgements up harder as beeing 20 sec. Thy rather increased the mana cost of CS since its kinda cheep now. As for vengeance the 5% doesnt realy make a diffirance, you get 3% more damage and 3% crit anyway. The nerf was done more in mind with level 70 and A.wrath
So the nerf isnt such a drama 3% damage loss at most, warriors and hunters got it far worse
Arenas? well thy are beeing caster dominated and a good geared holy paladin (since SoR coficients have bee greatly increased and HS ha slower cd) ha shere a clear advantage since battles tend not to last long. I like to team up with a mage in 2v2 as usualy in this combo its hard to lose

Havent really noticed that much increased damage from them

Warlocks? i asume you havent been pvping or raiding much after the patch? thy are a pure pain now its almost imposible (or with luck) to beat a skilled even geared warlock on duel bassis. But then you know we have an easy time with rogues and warriors so meh its fair i quess

and im enjoying being a more melee-based paladin,ret actually feels like your a holy warrior now,

well in the end its a metter of the playstayle you enjoy the most, every tree has its own viable uses as long you can use its potential, altrought i always refused to be a healbot :-x

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1134520716457362881

Backup
15-12-2006, 09:31 PM
well depends, retribution has far more burst damage output as holy ever can have futhermore with the new mana reduction abilities ( and looking at tier 5 set bonuses) and the fact its greatly gear based it can do very deacent damage.
Since now the Lamellar set is kind easy to gain (at least easyer that to raid), and CS scales
with gear i kinda asume retri will be quite popular at least i like it :)

In practice 6 or 10 sec doesnt make a diffirence a paladin who knows how to meele does not spam buttons as its not effective, wastes mana that you can use for trowing a healin or two. Vengeance , JC, it inflaunces only the speed you need to kill caters with stunlocking
It only makes CS purpose of mentaining all judgements up harder as beeing 20 sec. Thy rather increased the mana cost of CS since its kinda cheep now. As for vengeance the 5% doesnt realy make a diffirance, you get 3% more damage and 3% crit anyway. The nerf was done more in mind with level 70 and A.wrath
So the nerf isnt such a drama 3% damage loss at most, warriors and hunters got it far worse
Arenas? well thy are beeing caster dominated and a good geared holy paladin (since SoR coficients have bee greatly increased and HS ha slower cd) ha shere a clear advantage since battles tend not to last long. I like to team up with a mage in 2v2 as usualy in this combo its hard to lose

Havent really noticed that much increased damage from them

Warlocks? i asume you havent been pvping or raiding much after the patch? thy are a pure pain now its almost imposible (or with luck) to beat a skilled even geared warlock on duel bassis. But then you know we have an easy time with rogues and warriors so meh its fair i quess

and im enjoying being a more melee-based paladin,ret actually feels like your a holy warrior now,

well in the end its a metter of the playstayle you enjoy the most, every tree has its own viable uses as long you can use its potential, altrought i always refused to be a healbot :-x

I've never had a problem with warlocks. pre-patch or not, when i was holy i outlasted them and -most- of the time resisted fear,and if i was caught in an odd fear i'd pop bubble and heal up again.

After the patch i fought a tier 2 lock ....byob? or something, one stun and nuked him down before it wore off.... i think i've lost to 1 or 2 warlocks since the patch,that was from the old seduce- shadowbolt- seduce routine and i had my shield on cd at the time.

Sure it would've been a different story if i had he shield....all in all my main problem has always been mages, pre patch they could do one frostbolt, counterspell me, frostbolt and im dead...thats with 4.2k hp( You can't BoF when counterspelled and all,second frostbolt is a guaranteed shatter crit pretty much).

but before patch i was holy, i guess you dont actually stand a great chance vs. mages without repentance.

my thoughts anyhow :)

Kenny
16-12-2006, 05:29 AM

Why the fuck has he got a thunderfury? :roll:

MikoWolf
17-12-2006, 09:11 PM

Why the fuck has he got a thunderfury? :roll:

good question, there must be a bether 1h weapon :P for pvp ofc :P

i have yet to try out my build in pvp. im fully specced in protection so i wonder how i would do on the battlegrounds :P

Corruption
18-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Dont paladins have some skill thing that makes weapons proc more, or something? Im clearly not a paladin, but it IS a good weapon

Kinshara
18-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Dont paladins have some skill thing that makes weapons proc more, or something? Im clearly not a paladin, but it IS a good weapon

No... unless you count the extra hits from a reckoning(prot talent) proc as granting a better proc chance. I'm not sure weapon procs can be triggered by those extra attacks though.

Afaik TF is on a ppm basis anyway, so you can't increase the number of procs in a minute, just get a greater chance of them happening in the first n seconds of it with more attacks; either from reckoning or from seal of the crusader (increases attack speed).