View Full Version : PvP @ 60

Ailith
06-12-2006, 05:05 PM
At least @ 60 before the expansion. Is it as gear dependent for a warrior as I hear? At the moment PvP is pretty fun with my warrior. But my gear is similar to that of other players.

@ 60 my mage(s) have level 60 blue gear and will usually do ok and beat bloodfang rogues or some other melee types. But if I come across a decent >tier 2 equipped mage or other class they will get pwned. And, at least on shadowsong, most opponents have great gear these days. Just wondering if I should hold off once I reach level 58/59 for a time if possible?

I know the expansion is coming soon and the new honor reward system will help maybe. But my warrior is a lot of fun atm, even if I die a little more often than my mage. And I got mortal strike just before server went down last night :?

Only character I have with a decent amount of epics is Ailith and I suck more in pvp as rogue :s

Anyway, having lots of fun with my warrior. Though I'm still learning the class, just wondering if the fun disappears at 60 if you're not in epics. Or can you still do ok with level 60 blue gear?

Oh, and before someone tells me to get epics. I'm not moaning about *not* having them, when I used to play Ailith I had lots of time to raid. I just dont have it anymore, so I dont mind *not* having epics. Just wondering if I can still have fun :)

Chonar
06-12-2006, 05:53 PM
The fun is there if you got a healer.

Artia
06-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Indeed, get yourself a druid to keep you up with hots and such, maybe even swiftmend, and you'll have a lot of fun. Otherwise, it's going to be a long and arduous road, since a lot of classes seem to be able to stop warriors dead in their tracks.

Then again, a lot of classes can stop any other in their tracks anyway.

Ailith
07-12-2006, 12:28 AM
Artia can be my healer, it's about time I played with you again :twisted: /hug

Ailith
07-12-2006, 12:29 AM
Though tbf, I can't be bothered getting a 'personal healer'. I like to play as a team, but 'forcing' someone to run around healing me seems a bit lame :o I dont mind dying, as long as i have fun doing it :)

Moomonde
07-12-2006, 12:49 AM
if you can protect your healer enough they will gladly follow you around till the end of every BG becasue its a bloody pain not knowing where to go in one since I mostly PuG and the general tactic is to spread out asap which causes healers to usually become easy targets that the rest of the team won't appreciate

Chonar
07-12-2006, 01:00 AM
In many situations, the warrior is the deadly extension of their healer's manabar.

Artia
07-12-2006, 01:14 AM
Artia can be my healer, it's about time I played with you again :twisted: /hug

If only I still played :razz:

And wasn't so adamantly feral.

Stim
07-12-2006, 03:38 AM
the warrior is the deadly extension of their healer's manabar sad, but true :(
Though, makes me burst out in villain laugh when I chop-crop healbot of some *uuubaaah stuff* warrior, running so cocky around :twisted: . Usually palabot+crazy warr is ass-kicking combo until you keep pala preoccupied with self heal :P
/sigh
And if you know what's good for you, stay IN UR LVL59! (Or face wrath of unidentifiable equipment!!! :oops: )

Flawless
07-12-2006, 09:41 AM
I had a tree healing me yesterday, it was mighty fun.

And apperently 2 mages forgot about the 12 second PvP CC now... >.>

Cassina
07-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Got a bag full of free action pots, was fun to see the mages panic.

Ogg
07-12-2006, 03:59 PM

III'VE GOT A BIIG BAG OF FAPS HEEERE
III'M GONNA PUT THEM IN MY MOUTH
II'm GONNA RUN AROUND IN WSG
MAGES THEY WILL LOOK AT ME AND SHOUT THAT
II'VE GOT A BIIG BAG OF FAPS HEEERE...

What Chonar said, healer=win

Ailith
07-12-2006, 04:40 PM
My favorite moment lately was getting nova'd by a mage and seeing him begin to cast pyro. Def stance + shield, shield wall. He looked shocked at how little dmg i was taking...

though, 30 min cooldown ftl :( Funny for the 10 secs it lasts though.

Chonar
08-12-2006, 12:34 AM

Oh shit.

I must so make that.

III'VE GOT A BIG BAG OF FAPS HERE
IIII'M GONNA PUT THEM IN MY MOUTH, OH YES
I'M GONNA RUN AROUND THE DOUBYA-ES-GEE
ALL THE MAEGZ WILL LOOK AT ME AND SAY
O SHIT HE'S USING FAPS

/boots up Fraps

Cassina
08-12-2006, 12:36 AM

I R BETTAR THAN U

I GOT PALADINN RITE
BoF LOL

Chonar
08-12-2006, 12:37 AM

I R BETTAR THAN U

I GOT PALADINN RITE
BoF LOL

BoK YOU, BUFFHOLE! >:[

Cassina
08-12-2006, 12:38 AM
NOES

BoF > ALL

Or failing that, a bag full of FAPs

AMIRITE?

IMRITE

Chonar
08-12-2006, 12:41 AM
AMIRITE?

IMRITE

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8905/fuckyeahas6.gif

Karadros
08-12-2006, 01:21 AM
AMIRITE?

IMRITE

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8905/fuckyeahas6.gif

Lazy Town for the win.

zanzanexpo
08-12-2006, 08:35 AM
if you think level 60 is bad...think about 70

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-7492744098320940328 <--- Shadow Priest VS Warrior
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-2070983670833723535 <--- Feral Druid 68 VS Warrior 70.

/cry

Chonar
08-12-2006, 09:18 AM
Warriors losing duels? Here's stuff I've never seen before. :o

I like the part where that druid isn't losing HP for the first 80% of the fight.
Like, at all.

I'm getting used to this nerfbat like an masochist gets used to a pair of weights hanging from his testicles.

Harr
08-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Well here's salt to your wounds, warrior who used recklessness lost to a holy priest in a duel... (hint: blessed resilience)

Thrane
08-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Well here's salt to your wounds, warrior who used recklessness lost to a holy priest in a duel... (hint: blessed resilience)

The first vid there vs the shadowpriest was Penn. He was fully buffed including Flask of the Titans, had 10.4k hp and used recklessness. (was lagged like hell too though so doesn't show that perfect conditions but still.)

Ogg
09-12-2006, 12:58 AM

Oh shit.

I must so make that.

III'VE GOT A BIG BAG OF FAPS HERE
IIII'M GONNA PUT THEM IN MY MOUTH, OH YES
I'M GONNA RUN AROUND THE DOUBYA-ES-GEE
ALL THE MAEGZ WILL LOOK AT ME AND SAY
O SHIT HE'S USING FAPS

/boots up Fraps

Do I get honorary mentions in the credits? :D

Kinshara
09-12-2006, 03:08 AM
Must be said I do love the reactions of horde clothies when I cast BoF on a warrior in AV. Especially if it's right after a HL crit heal. :)

Edit: It'd be nice if warriors were perhaps a little less powerful when they're on you, but better able to cope with CC/snares. Though perhaps the rage changes take care of the first bit already; I don't know. Will be more interesting to see what it's like at 70 with the crazy new weapons I've seen reported, but it doesn't help current pvp warriors.

Ailith
11-12-2006, 10:30 AM
I <3 my warrior tbh, very fun to play. And tbh, most of the epics look like they will be relatively easy to get oO I already have enough honor & marks for berserk bracers from WSG. Just can't be bothered to run all the way there yet :s

Think I will get to 59, then get some pvp epics, then level to 60.

I think the items costs seem real low to me though....

Ashborn
11-12-2006, 10:41 AM

The first vid there vs the shadowpriest was Penn. He was fully buffed including Flask of the Titans, had 10.4k hp and used recklessness. (was lagged like hell too though so doesn't show that perfect conditions but still.)
He didn't even intercept or int shout. That's hardly the best a warrior can do. And yes, we all know shadow priests are imba vs melee.