View Full Version : HK Grinding for real cash?

Bunneh
02-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Whilst rifling through my mail box I found yet another ad from a gold selling company. Along with usual £1.76 for 100g and Power Leveling service I spotted something even more disturbing - HK grinding. So there may be people playing in BG who are not who they appear to be, but now I ask 'what's the point?'.

Battlegrounds are ment to be a test of skill, coordination and overall fun for your PvPers, yet why pay someone to do it for you? They're asking £25 for 150k HK a day! That's alot of cash.

I can post a screenshot, the site link removed and the sender removed in case someone wanted to contact them, but didn't want to post it in case twas naughty.

Another thing that interested me was the cheapness of 100g, £1.76, can they really be making much cash out of this? There must be a market there, yet I wonder who can be making so much gold so quick in order for it to be so cheap?

Just a word of warning, don't be tempted to buy that gold from these people. Blizzard do check accounts and cash transfers and will ban you if caught. I understand high end raiding can be costly, but making cash in game is amazingly easy, my Mage who's now level 45 has over 300g from doing practically nout accept picking herbs whilst doing quests. Bit o kingsblood there, some liferoot here, bit of fadeleaf too - mounts up fast!

dantheman
02-12-2006, 12:41 PM
£25 for 150hk is outragous tbh

Serhiy
02-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Well, the gold is so cheap because they have no employees to pay, they have like 10 accounts running with bots on each of them. I am not sure how much gold a bot can grind per hour but it must be quite some since its so cheap.

Corruption
02-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Not 150 HK, 150k (150,000) HK. Which tbh i dont even see how is possible

Doken
02-12-2006, 12:56 PM

our WildFarmHealer got around 160-180k a day on some days :) its easy 24h/7

after xr server its easy to get even 200k a day... and all ranks you want. Before Xr that was impossible do do anything without pre. God bless new pvp path. Shit will be over.

Jimothy
02-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Got the same letter, saw the HK part, thats a lot of HK's per day.

Deleted the letter, I pay enough for this game to Blizz, without paying more to "enjoy" it better (I like doing a bit of agricultural gaming every now and then).

Kenny
02-12-2006, 12:57 PM

Closest I ever was to that was 135k. (WSG double honor weekend)

Doken
02-12-2006, 12:58 PM

Closest I ever was to that was 135k. (WSG double honor weekend)

i got 1 day 195k without bonus. 100k with my pre fast winz etc.. rest on puging on morning and eavning.

For just puging 24h you have avg like Wild 150-160k

Chopper
02-12-2006, 01:17 PM

You're right, 150kHK doesn't sound remotely possible. Especially when you throw in some simple math:

24 hours x 60 minutes x 60 seconds = 86,400 seconds

150,000 HK in 86,400 seconds = 1.74HK/s

And that's without factoring in any downtime between battlegrounds. They must mean 150,000 honour points per day, which is pretty doable, even with the most inept 24/7 farming.

This sorta explains a couple of odd things in bgs. An alliance toon stepping left/right periodically in the AV mountains to avoid being afk'ed out, and a horde warrior running a loop around WSG, both players completely ignoring other players of either faction. I suspect that might have been some of our honour-farming friends hard at work...

Myriima
02-12-2006, 02:07 PM
AV

Sloth
02-12-2006, 02:49 PM
maybe they're talking about Honor when they say hk , I doubt they're gonna kill 150k people for you.

Lednar
02-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Got the same mail on Lednar >=( And I guess their talking about Honor too. 150k people... Lmao! :P

Exting
02-12-2006, 04:46 PM
In my opinion i think i know 2 players who could well be providing gold for this company to sell to ShadowSong players.. there are always 2 mages in HearthGlen AOE grinding 24/7 , they never leave and have been going for months .. now to say they would be rich is an understatement considering they clear the whole of hearthglen in about 4 pulls.. just a thought

Myriima
02-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Two to three BM specced hunter farm-bots in the posion water area in Felwood, new ones from time to time as they get reported, banned and replaced. Farming essence of water, living essence, core of elements and savage fond. There´s another spot, frustrating pos bots

Bunneh
02-12-2006, 05:24 PM
In my opinion i think i know 2 players who could well be providing gold for this company to sell to ShadowSong players.. there are always 2 mages in HearthGlen AOE grinding 24/7 , they never leave and have been going for months .. now to say they would be rich is an understatement considering they clear the whole of hearthglen in about 4 pulls.. just a thought

I think I know who you mean, I name one Magic kat because I can't pronounce his name. He jumps from guild to guild, as soon as they find out who he is and what he does they boot him. Must be a lonely existance.

Stim
02-12-2006, 07:07 PM
That's a big heap of BS to me... Seen one such a bot in action @WSG - laughable... Best it's effort is AV leeching. And me? with uber leech skillz got leeched about 2000 hk a day maximum (15 hours in a row).

Onkelswe
02-12-2006, 07:52 PM
I don't even read those mails anymore. Just insta-delete!
I don't mind goldsellers, it's a job like any other, everyone needs to eat.
But forcing advertisement on us everywhere we turn, now that annoys the hell out of me. And the worst part is theres really no way to get rid of it.

Parcival
03-12-2006, 09:09 AM
I recently saw 3 mages just outside Strat UD, all doing cloth making or so, for a very long time... Could they be farming Strat for gold too?

They looked kinda similar with all the same staves (dunno what staff cause they were horde)...

Derthorn
03-12-2006, 10:36 AM
I got one of those mails too, saying 150k HKs a day...now I only wonder why they sent it to my lvl 50 alt, I mean, is it even possible to get that many HKs on a lvl 50 and what is it good for for him?

Jethrotull
03-12-2006, 11:49 AM

You don't say......hmm I should go there sometimes :) Getting exalted with the Thorium Brotherhood is costly :)

And on-topic. It's the botting that ruins everything, you get the cash without the effort. If bots weren't used I would not have a big problem with gold or honorsellers. Not everyone is willing to spend that amount of time on the game, maybe because of a busy job. They'd have the money but not the time, why not allow a service like it. Blizzard could make some money by selling gold themselves too if they were smarter.
Goldselling is not a problem, the botting and spamming is, I'm getting junkmail in my ingame-mailbox now, a first it was funny, now it's just annoying.

And don't start about 'ruining' the economy, that's bogus. Prices go up and down all the time, these days boe epics just aren't worth anything anymore while most herbs still cost quite a lot, and that's not really a bad thing. If there is a lot of gold on the server all prices just go up again. Making ppl who actually go out to farm stuff a lot happier :)

Vege
04-12-2006, 10:46 AM
I recently saw 3 mages just outside Strat UD, all doing cloth making or so, for a very long time... Could they be farming Strat for gold too?

They looked kinda similar with all the same staves (dunno what staff cause they were horde)...
Nah, there are about 3-4 groups of 2 frost mages there, both ally and horde ones, probably Hearthsinger farming. Horde ones with typical bot names (something like chtykkwre ;P) like to duel a lot ;P

Joenino
04-12-2006, 11:07 AM

Aye have seen them 2 one of them was named Tyrwpn or something. And he friend /w me if i wanted to buy a Krol blade. Tried to get it for 100g :P but i failed :(

Aetswerian
04-12-2006, 01:43 PM
If it's the couple I think you mean I went on a SM run with them when I was levelling my priest and they ninja'd a few choice BoE drops. They were level 60 about three days later. Crazy. At the time I threatened to inform every guild they joined, luckily they seem to have done quite well on that score without me.

Manofwar_z
05-12-2006, 01:58 PM
That's a big heap of BS to me... Seen one such a bot in action @WSG - laughable... Best it's effort is AV leeching. And me? with uber leech skillz got leeched about 2000 hk a day maximum (15 hours in a row).
Actually 500-1000 per hour in AV is pretty much doable.That would make it ~15-20k per day... By far not 150k, tho :)

Manofwar_z
05-12-2006, 02:01 PM
I got one of those mails too, saying 150k HKs a day...now I only wonder why they sent it to my lvl 50 alt, I mean, is it even possible to get that many HKs on a lvl 50 and what is it good for for him?
Its impossible to get more then 30k HK per day even if they have 40 chinese employees with stripped toons in AV who just let to AOE grind on them...

By 150k HK they probably ment 150k CP or honour.. The only what makes any sense...

XeX4
06-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Everytime i go there, they're already there. I even remember their names, something like Magnekillt and Gantlhras