http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=89399627&sid=1

discuss...

I SAID DISCUSS!!

Flawless
01-12-2006, 09:14 AM
yay

Turiel
01-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Its great, I don't have to waste my points in the combat tree now, speaking from a PvP build.

From a PVE raiding combat daggers build point of view, doesn't make much difference, as we needed both imp SnD and imp backstab anyway.

AnteroVipune
01-12-2006, 09:23 AM
It's relatively nice change. Makes shadowstep builds more viable.

EDIT: They also changed Thistle Tea. Gives 40energy at level 70 which is just bullshit.

Mischief
01-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Woohoo! I can go straight up the combat tree without buying any crap!

Kathra
01-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Wow, nice D:

Xe
04-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Im gonna hijack my own thread..

Ive recently respecced combat daggers, works out good for PvE, but oh boy i HATE it in PvP..

So when the patch hits ill probally, try out this spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent-bc=i0ecoxgoVzZhZVoec

Hopefully the CP generation will be enough to not suck in PvE :)

Any word on Mutilate in a PvE enviroment (lets say an instance with poisonable mobs)? - Could a mutilate build be viable in a endgame raiding vs Combat Daggers? - Lets pretend i have the HWL Razors (the R14 daggers)

Llort
04-12-2006, 03:37 PM
If you don't take Mutilate then Vigor IMHO would be a waste. Unless you use nightslayer(5).

Xe
04-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Well, atm. im still waiting for the 5 set bonus..

But i somehow feel that i lack the 10 energy, might be the combat spec that i have to get used to..

Hurtgen
07-12-2006, 11:20 PM
im not impressed with mutilate at all, and u can now train rank 9 BS, so im gonna try goin up teh sub tree, maybe a few in assasins too.

Mischief
08-12-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm not impressed that "Imp SnD <-> Imp BS" didn't make it into the patch :(

Shadowjan
08-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Any rogues have tested and approved the 41 Subtility build with Prep and CoS?

i changed from Seal fate build to this .... stun locking rocks with this build, good ambush dmg also.

premediation takes some practise though and CoS is not easy to time right, but loads of fun.

Any others got a nice experience with this build?

Turiel
08-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Any rogues have tested and approved the 41 Subtility build with Prep and CoS?

i changed from Seal fate build to this .... stun locking rocks with this build, good ambush dmg also.

premediation takes some practise though and CoS is not easy to time right, but loads of fun.

Any others got a nice experience with this build?

Yes, using it at the moment for PVP. Its pretty awesome I have to say... not even so much for the cloak of shadows, but for the agi and ap talents. I'm doing 2.4k ambushes and 2.8k eviscerates.

Like you, I find that I forget to use premed sometimes... its more of a habit thing than anything else.

Cloak of Shadows, believe it or not, I haven't even used all that much in the arena. Casters die too quickly to need it, although have used it against shamans and hunters. I'm unsure of the effectiveness against hunters but every kittle helps.

Abberare
08-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Yup, I've gone 41 subtlety too and was amazed how good it is for PvP :D Still need to test it out properly once I get all my bars set up, but I've already annoyed a lot of casters ;) I haven't remembered to use Prep once though...

Kinshara
08-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Cloak of Shadows, believe it or not, I haven't even used all that much in the arena. Casters die too quickly to need it, although have used it against shamans and hunters. I'm unsure of the effectiveness against hunters but every kittle helps.

It'll wipe Hunter's mark off, but you could already do that(vanish). Does it work vs. freezing trap though?

I don't think it affects stings, since those are poisons.

Abberare
11-12-2006, 12:44 AM
It'll wipe Hunter's mark off, but you could already do that(vanish). Does it work vs. freezing trap though?

It definitely removes stings, basically all it doesn't remove is bleed effects. As for traps, you can't use it while you're unable to control your actions so you can't remove freezing trap. I haven't bothered to see if it resists it because wasn't there a change a few patches back that players couldn't resist traps (Not counting diminishing returns)?

Hammett
11-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Question, is it still nice when you dont have imp backstab? Or Lethality for that matter? Was thinking of going hemo with CoS but the crits are pretty weak without, arent they?

Kinshara
11-12-2006, 06:04 PM

It definitely removes stings, basically all it doesn't remove is bleed effects. As for traps, you can't use it while you're unable to control your actions so you can't remove freezing trap. I haven't bothered to see if it resists it because wasn't there a change a few patches back that players couldn't resist traps (Not counting diminishing returns)?

No, traps still get resisted... which is why we have a talent to reduce resists. Full resists don't happen very often, but breaking early does.

FD can't be resisted in pvp at present, though they might put that back in now that it isn't used for laying traps.

Basically CloS just means hunters need to have flare hotkeyed, as most of us do already :)

Abberare
11-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Question, is it still nice when you dont have imp backstab? Or Lethality for that matter? Was thinking of going hemo with CoS but the crits are pretty weak without, arent they?

I have imp. Backstab, just not Lethality. The only thing I have in Assassination now is 2% crit ;( I think the AP and agi boosts make up for the lack of Lethality, not noticing a reduction in damage really (Running around with 25% crit and 1227 AP atm). Plus Master of Subtlety means mahoosive Ambushes :)

Hammett
11-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Thanks Abbe :)