View Full Version : Procs

Arthran
26-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Ok i was sitting down considering testing a new gear set and build that will actually allow me to grind a little, when i considered the proc rate on Both Crusader and Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom

Crusader would be placed on The Unstoppable Force.

Any idea on the proc rates of these 2? is it really worth me getting the Ace for my elements deck for that card? or is it going to proc way too little with such a slow weapon?

Any MS wars or Ret pala's wanna give me a little advice?

Tsarina
26-11-2006, 11:39 PM
Any idea on the proc rates of these 2? is it really worth me getting the Ace for my elements deck for that card? or is it going to proc way too little with such a slow weapon?
No, it's not worth it. Not because of the proc rate, that's the same no matter what weapon you have. Most procs in WoW are based on procs per minute, not per hit, so weapon speed doesn't matter.
The problem is that it doesn't scale with gear. For a fresh lvl 60, it's a nice trinket. But as your gear improve, the trinket won't contribute much to your DPS. Eventually it did less than 1% of my damage in raids, so I exchanged it. Get HoJ or something instead.

Arthran
26-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Thanks for that Tsarina, i thought you might say that. Any idea on the PPM for crusader? i know its low which then benefits high weapon speeds, but im owndering if im better with +9 wep damage for the permanent 2 dps rather than crusaders proc

Đightrain
27-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Arthran The Loladin

Arthran
27-11-2006, 12:17 AM
Oi Mr Choochoo, thats not a constructive post :-P

Đightrain
27-11-2006, 12:22 AM
:o ofc it is... you're on about grinding, dps, crusader and a melee trinket... therefore:
Arthran The Loladin

is totally relevant to this... my suggestion is use the money you're planning on spending on crusader to reroll and gear up a mage then stick to healing :P

Arthran
27-11-2006, 12:24 AM
i already have a level 45 mage, but i would rather much like my main who i've devoted alot of time on, to actually be able to kill mobs and other players

Đightrain
27-11-2006, 12:29 AM
A lvl 45 mage could probably grind quicker anyway :lol:

i would rather much like my main who i've devoted alot of time on, to actually be able to kill mobs and other players

Go spend more time on the mage then :P

Kinshara
27-11-2006, 12:31 AM
i already have a level 45 mage, but i would rather much like my main who i've devoted alot of time on, to actually be able to kill mobs and other players

Wait till the expansion then? Everybody gets crazy gear compared to the present stuff; a gap will reappear in a few months, sure, but in the meantime you'll be smashing faces with the best of them.

Arthran
27-11-2006, 12:52 AM
doesnt really answer my question though ^^

Bleetman
27-11-2006, 03:22 AM
Some bullshit about mages or something
Exactly. A paladin with some melee stuff? How the fuck dare you break my narrow minded view on things I know nothing about! What's next? Druids in feral gear?

Anyway, as far as crusader goes, it's a bit meh, mostly because we've (as yet) no weapon damage based instant strikes for the +100 strength to be of much use but also because if specced that way, extra agility (ie: crit) is far more beneficial due to vengeance. Just my opinion, mind.

Arthran
27-11-2006, 06:15 AM
thank you bleety, your a pvp paladin i respect so its nice to see a sensible answer, I was trying to decide betweek +9dmg enchant, +15str (for the AP) or +agi for the crit chance

Arthran
27-11-2006, 06:24 AM
or if im feeling extra weird, 30 spelldamage to increase SoC dmg and heals when grinding

Chonar
27-11-2006, 09:41 AM
I forgot- Does the proc from Crusader get influenced by +healing gear? It doesnt anymore, does it?

Elexin
27-11-2006, 10:18 AM
I think they 'fixed' it so it didn't a while back.

Offa
27-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Get HoJ or something instead.

now that does benefit from (preferably two) fast weapons, being set at a fixed 2% chance on hit, unlike crusader & the darkmoon card.

Faylin
27-11-2006, 11:24 AM
No it doesn't.

It's 2% chance on an extra attack. Obviously a fast weapon means you will see it happen more, but a slow weapon means the procs do more damage. It's simply 2% more white damage.

Robinvi
27-11-2006, 11:31 AM
As a paladin i would reccomend a +25 agility enchant. For a paladin crit > everything, at least in pvp (melee'din). As for raid "dps" AP is a bit handy to, and spell damage is always nice. As for the whole HoJ or the Card. For pvp i would reccomend Zandalarian Hero Charm (or similar trinkets) and Blackhand's Breadth

I guess this depends on gear though.

Arthran
27-11-2006, 03:48 PM
http://ctprofiles.net/4644390 <- my current gear and Spec for DPSing