View Full Version : World of Warriorcraft...

Stim
24-11-2006, 11:15 AM
For those who haven't seen it:
http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=31713

Can any Doom Haxxor of Huntards tell how to beat them (as well as all the rest, hehe)?

Harshak
24-11-2006, 11:23 AM
The whole World of -stuff-craft got old ages ago

Stim
24-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Bah, mages dueling warriors is neveraging joke ^^

Flawless
24-11-2006, 01:54 PM
The whole World of -stuff-craft got old ages agostill think world of roguecraft are a bunch of excellent movies.

Chonar
24-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Funny movie, watched it all. It speaks truth in theory, but at some points it was too over-the-top. He could've won about 25% more of those duels.

Kinshara
24-11-2006, 02:08 PM
The whole World of -stuff-craft got old ages agostill think world of roguecraft are a bunch of excellent movies.

Oh, they are... the situation was exaggerated a bit, but the dialogue is fantastic :)

Mute's rogue playstyle has definitely improved going from 3 down to 1, though. Very good timing on the last one.

Kathra
24-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Oh. My God.

Warriors can beat druids? Easiest class? I've never heard such a load of bullshit. Is every server filled with absolute fucktards that have no clue how to play their class?? Maybe he just fought a ton of balance druids and since they Vow not to heal themselves, didnt have much time hurting them.

Warriors - except maybe Hunters - are the easiest class for druids to kill, warriors in lowish gear are an absolute cakewalk, we can either kite them, use Cat DoT's, or just outsurvive them in bear.

The video itself was alright, it seems the warrior wanted to lose half the fights, and i'd have like to have seen her respeccing to something like DEOI + Mortal strike build and seeing how she'd cope in a duel situation with that tbh

Kinshara
24-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Oh. My God.

Warriors can beat druids? Easiest class? I've never heard such a load of bullshit. Is every server filled with absolute fucktards that have no clue how to play their class?? Maybe he just fought a ton of balance druids and since they Vow not to heal themselves, didnt have much time hurting them.

Even balance druids should be ready to use roots though... I've no idea what they're on about. I do find warriors to be quite easy on my druid most of the time.

Thrane
24-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Oh. My God.

Warriors - except maybe Hunters - are the easiest class for druids to kill, warriors in lowish gear are an absolute cakewalk, we can either kite them, use Cat DoT's, or just outsurvive them in bear.

The video itself was alright, it seems the warrior wanted to lose half the fights, and i'd have like to have seen her respeccing to something like DEOI + Mortal strike build and seeing how she'd cope in a duel situation with that tbh

Most druid fights I lose are either vs very skilled druids or idiots that root me and then just moonfire until I'm dead while keeping me rooted. Saying we're a cakewalk is utter idiocy. Cakewalk is mages vs warriors since then an absolute idiot can win :P (unless of course the root/moonfire bit :P But that's just lame ^^)

Kinshara
24-11-2006, 04:11 PM
I think the "lowish gear" was the key to it being a cakewalk. Though that argument applies to more than just warriors :)

Epic geared warriors hit very hard, even when I'm in bearform -- and the ones with much better gear than I have often win. The gear reset in TBC, combined with mangle and imp. LotP will make it a very interesting battle though :)

Chonar
24-11-2006, 04:27 PM
The gear reset in TBC

More like the 'gear catch-up'.

Kinshara
24-11-2006, 04:44 PM
The gear reset in TBC

More like the 'gear catch-up'.

A better phrase, but either way the current gap pretty much vanishes; it'll reappear slowly as raiders work their way through 25mans and pvpers establish themselves in the arena though.

Stim
24-11-2006, 04:55 PM
My question is still unanswered: how do I beat hunter with no GM/HW stuff? I go PeeVeePee for about a month and recorded a single 1on1 hunter kill (field marshall ^^, possibly he was too frustrated at 4 consecutive crits)... Usually it's just kiting to death/trap whoring(or even melee spanking, which is even worse). :( As for droods it's not that ez, I can compete with some drood yet am a walking honor for mages.

Flawless
24-11-2006, 05:02 PM
meh, could try def stance shield and get yourself trapped, and let deminishing returns work itself out.

or could try taunting the pet the second after you charge, dunno if that works tho.

OR pop your trinket and the second after charge and you will be immune to the first trap, tried and tested that one.

Kathra
24-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Oh. My God.

Most druid fights I lose are either vs very skilled druids or idiots that root me and then just moonfire until I'm dead while keeping me rooted. Saying we're a cakewalk is utter idiocy. Cakewalk is mages vs warriors since then an absolute idiot can win :P (unless of course the root/moonfire bit :P But that's just lame ^^)

If you know what you're doing and the warrior isnt disgustingly higher geared, you really cant lose without MAJOR bad luck

Abberare
24-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Had to stop watching after it appeared 'timing all skills perfectly' etc. involves starting a duel vs a rogue by standing still waiting to be stunned.

Kinshara
24-11-2006, 05:34 PM
meh, could try def stance shield and get yourself trapped, and let deminishing returns work itself out.

or could try taunting the pet the second after you charge, dunno if that works tho.

OR pop your trinket and the second after charge and you will be immune to the first trap, tried and tested that one.

Soaking up damage after traps is a good start; if they ever fall on the ground and you didn't kill them, go def stance at least... unless you've got an instant attack ready, in which case you might be able to prevent them going OOC and dropping the trap. (TBC should be a little more obvious as to when a trap is dropped -- 2 sec activation time)

Keep hamstring on them if you can; they've got a similar snare, and the same anti-snare pvp trinket. Staying in zerk stance to be able to break scattershot's incapacitate may work, not sure about taking the extra damage though.

Taunting the pet will pretty much only work for nub hunters -- in passive mode pets don't respond to taunts, only in aggressive(and possibly defensive) modes. Since pets break CC in those modes, most hunters almost never use anything other than passive.

Basically just try and keep them in melee; you've got better damage and mitigation there, so will usually win; if they get a good shot at kiting you, it tilts drastically in their favour. If they pop deterrance switching to def stance and equipping a shield may help, since most of your attacks won't hit them at that point. (You may be able to tag them with an overpower). It's somewhat dangerous attacking them at this point, as they might have counterattack -- undodgeable/unparryable/unblockable 5 sec root that becomes available if they parry one of your attacks. TC or the slowing shout(if you have it) could be good if they start to run.

One thing to remember... carry a fast ranged weapon. If a hunter switches to cheetah, trying to get to range, fire it fast -- it'll daze them, giving you a chance to claw back the distance again.

Stim
24-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Scatter Shot is *disoriented* not *incapacitated* >>> 4 seconds of undispellability.
@Abberare
lol like running as a mad would save you from cheap shot :roll:

Kinshara
24-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Scatter Shot is *disoriented* not *incapacitated* >>> 4 seconds of undispellability.

Ah, right. I think the terms got changed some time ago, forget when. Other people on your team tend to break it all the time anyways, same as they do for other types of CC :/

Temmink
24-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Had to stop watching after it appeared 'timing all skills perfectly' etc. involves starting a duel vs a rogue by standing still waiting to be stunned.

most rogues aren't waiting nearby at the start to get demo-ed out of stealth anyway so i don't see what's so bad about that.

edit: she could have equipped a shield to soak up the first cheapshot/kidney burst though.

Cachero
24-11-2006, 09:11 PM
She is a human for the love of god!

How can you loose to a rogue!

Temmink
24-11-2006, 11:15 PM

I think she didn't use racial abilities in any of the duels to keep it more, well, a class duel.

Harr
24-11-2006, 11:55 PM

I think she didn't use racial abilities in any of the duels to keep it more, well, a class duel.

Yeah right, like undeads wouldn't use Will of the Forsaken in duels when get feared.

Chopper
25-11-2006, 12:28 AM

Yeah right, like undeads wouldn't use Will of the Forsaken in duels when get feared.

"I think she didn't use racial abilities in any of the duels to keep it more, well, a class duel."

i.e. warrior vs. rogue, not human vs. nelf

Cassina
25-11-2006, 03:08 AM
Oh. My God.

One time, loooong ago... I 3-shotted a druid in cat form in the space of 2 seconds, all nice crits of 1k+.
They are very weak when not in bear form.

Anyway, nice video.
Looks identical to me, apart from my weapons.

Kathra
25-11-2006, 03:16 AM
Oh. My God.

One time, loooong ago... I 3-shotted a druid in cat form in the space of 2 seconds, all nice crits of 1k+.

Anyway, nice video.

True yes, but god knows why he was in Cat vs a human warrior XD

Stim
25-11-2006, 03:23 AM
I had a freaking awesome fight with a feral drood, made me sorry I'm no Frapser... Geez, twas in AB when I chased down NEdrood in a quiet corner. We pawned each for about 4 minutes with engy, pots, bandages, cooldowns, trinkets... Until reinforcemenst arrived, human reinforcements >_> I still believe I was about to own him...

Cassina
25-11-2006, 03:30 AM
Oh. My God.

Anyway, nice video.

He was liek, trying to gnak maegs.
Should have rolled rogue imo. ;)

Speaking of feral druids...

I once had a fight with someone on Shadowsong a while back...
I could not kill the bastard no matter what I did... I just could not get enough rage to finish him off against his massive amounts of armour and my crits were pathetic - I ended up just letting him maul me to death because I really just couldn't be bothered. :P

Kathra
25-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Oh. My God.

Anyway, nice video.

He was liek, trying to gnak maegs.
Should have rolled rogue imo. ;)

Speaking of feral druids...

I once had a fight with someone on Shadowsong a while back...
I could not kill the bastard no matter what I did... I just could not get enough rage to finish him off against his massive amounts of armour and my crits were pathetic - I ended up just letting him maul me to death because I really just couldn't be bothered. :P

Exactly, Druids either outlast you or simply wear you down in bear. If bash misses we can use frenzied regen to heal up, if you're tauren you can stomp and then regrowth, or even risk a root/travelform/Healing touch.

It is funny though, the fact that this video backs up the "Druids are week!11" argument when really, they arent weak at all, means that there is more and more chance that we'll get buffed.

So i cant complain <3

Onkelswe
25-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Kinda sucky warrior in my opinion... but the warlock... wtf?
How often do you duel a warlock that doesnt use fear and sends a VW at you? Should change that segment to me vs. solk, then blizzard would have to buff us ;)

Velkraith
26-11-2006, 02:37 PM
tbh fury warriors can do ok against warlocks... simply because of fear immunity from deathwish.... uve got about 45seconds where u cant be feared (maybe a minute if u time everything well)... and that can give u the upper hand... if the warlock isnt suspecting it... however many now-a-days r so they just nuke u down anyway.

i found a few things off in this video.

the paladin, imo, wasnt very good. he didnt heal nearly enough... and in general i think he had a bad build for the fight (i see holy paladins with lots of spell dmg and a shield a much more difficult opponent for a warrior).

the rogue was just cooldown happy... and i reckon without having every 5min cooldown ready for every battle it would have been alot more even.

and yes her skills werent amazing, but they were still average... and even tho all her oppenets were prolly better at pvp than her, her gear evened things up in most cases.

as i look at it, it was a good video, rather entertaining and showed the current state of warriors in 1v1 pvp.