View Full Version : Can an addon call a macro?

Delahedril
24-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Question is in the title :)

If yes, what's the code please?

takfiri
24-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Not really, no;(

If you want to do something that takes more space than allowed in macros, just write a mod or use macro-enhancing mods.

Delahedril
24-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Cheers, didn't think I could.

Problem is not space in a macro but wanting to use the CastShapeshiftForm() function to change stance.

It's locked off in the next patch and wondered if I could call a macro I'd set up in game that changed the stance from the addon (that would recognises I needed to change stance).

Ah well manual stance dancing it has to be.

sara
24-11-2006, 10:39 PM
What do you need to do? There's quite a lot of new stuff for macros to do with shape-shifting in 2.0.2 (from what I've read on the macro and UI forum).

Delahedril
25-11-2006, 01:40 AM
Basically I was trying to replace SkillStance, which is a super lazy addon for changing a warrior's stance.

It reacts to the 'you must be in X stance' error msg and changes you to the stance you need to be in for the action you just tried to do. So a click on any button would either do the action or change to the stance required and a second click then did the action. With this and DAB I could have all my actions buttons showing and not bother with changing bars or having to change stance through the stance buttons.

Post patch I'll just create a few macros around the most likely stance changing moves and get them to change to the required stance if required before clicking again to do the action.

No big deal and easy to do, though I do kind of wonder why the stance / form change command was one of those protected. Can't think of a way that it's doing you 'thinking for you'. If I hit Berserker Rage, I know I have to be in Berserker stance and it would still take to clicks to action, the difference being 2 clicks in one place (which can be achieved with a macro).