View Full Version : Naxx at lvl 70 in beta?

Haplo
23-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Does anyone know if they are trying naxx in the tbc beta at lvl 70?

Gyundor
23-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Ok so youve got like all these new cool instances to explore and then you think:

"W8 a minute... lets go to that old instance that doesnt matter anymore YEAH! that what we want to do with our TBCBeta time!"

*You exit Sarcasme Mode*

Chonar
23-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Naxxramas is so well-made, and such a fantastic experience, and so VERY important to Warcraft history, that Blizzard *should* make it viable to go there in TBC.

My 2 cents.

vattghern
23-11-2006, 11:36 AM
I concur Mr. Dorf.

Zulamun
23-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Also.. i doubt you have full t3 atm, which you wont replace until t4/5

you could still try it though, 25man it to test ^_^

Chonar
23-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Also.. i doubt you have full t3 atm, which you wont replace until t4/5

you could still try it though, 25man it to test ^_^

Pft, 5 pieces to go.

Thorbadin only needs 2 more pieces of Faith, too. :P

Bullfury
23-11-2006, 12:17 PM
no you wont be able to do Naxx at lv 70 there is no dificullty option to old instances.

tho it will be fun and cool to do it 30 or 20 man when lv 70 for fun lol this is awsome instance and everyopne should expiriance it!

Haplo
23-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Ok so youve got like all these new cool instances to explore and then you think:

"W8 a minute... lets go to that old instance that doesnt matter anymore YEAH! that what we want to do with our TBCBeta time!"

*You exit Sarcasme Mode*

I just wanted to know how much easyer is would be at 70. It has nothing to do with the items or such. Just the same way im curious if they tried MC at lvl 70.. How easy would that be?
But nvr mind. Its easyer to reply like a retard. tnx.

Angellic
23-11-2006, 02:07 PM

*You exit Sarcasme Mode*

I just wanted to know how much easyer is would be at 70. It has nothing to do with the items or such. Just the same way im curious if they tried MC at lvl 70.. How easy would that be?

We 5 manned the first 2 giants in mc, hunter/warrior/druid/paladin/mage... though - firelords needs more dps than we could produce, we wiped to 12+ spawns :(

Kathra
23-11-2006, 02:10 PM

*You exit Sarcasme Mode*

Whats the problem? Some may not experience Naxx at 60, why wouldnt they want to see it despite the TBC upgrade?

Gyundor
23-11-2006, 02:38 PM

*You exit Sarcasme Mode*

Whats the problem? Some may not experience Naxx at 60, why wouldnt they want to see it despite the TBC upgrade?

Im talking about during beta why would you go there... heck even I will still be going to naxx in TBC but I wouldnt be doing it if I were in the beta

Gyundor
23-11-2006, 02:40 PM

*You exit Sarcasme Mode*

Yeah the little kids made me go retardmode anyway I was trying to make a point but did it 2 harsh, I apologize and for my real point see the post above

Gyundor
23-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Naxxramas is so well-made, and such a fantastic experience, and so VERY important to Warcraft history, that Blizzard *should* make it viable to go there in TBC.

My 2 cents.

the is one item that will make people go there even in TBC and that ofc is Atiesh

Haplo
23-11-2006, 03:02 PM

*You exit Sarcasme Mode*

Im talking about during beta why would you go there... heck even I will still be going to naxx in TBC but I wouldnt be doing it if I were in the beta

Well i thought some people surely are curious and try some of this "old" content out now that numerous people reached 70 in beta. But I guess not so many.

Haplo
23-11-2006, 03:03 PM

*You exit Sarcasme Mode*

Yeah the little kids made me go retardmode anyway I was trying to make a point but did it 2 harsh, I apologize and for my real point see the post above

Nah no little kid here. Just someone who is curious and thought he asked a normal serious question, thats all. No need to apologize....

Warlee
23-11-2006, 03:32 PM
the is one item that will make people go there even in TBC and that ofc is Atiesh

Well, so far I have seen there are better items in TBC than this staff.
http://www.thottbot.com/beta?i=15251 Atiesh Staff
http://www.thottbot.com/beta?i=10221 TBC weapon
http://www.thottbot.com/beta?i=927 TBC weapon
And I'd make a Naxx in beta just for fun and as Haplo said - compare it to level 60.

Angellic
23-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Atiesh can port you and your group to karazhan though, which will be very valueable, since you cant use flying mounts in the old world, and once you've tried the flying mounts, you dont ever want to use a normal mount again!

Warlee
23-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Lazy hunter!

Maesto
23-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Atiesh can port you and your group to karazhan though, which will be very valueable, since you cant use flying mounts in the old world, and once you've tried the flying mounts, you dont ever want to use a normal mount again!

So you're not gonna hit CoT then :)

Vege
23-11-2006, 04:48 PM
There will be second item too - Corrupted Ashbringer, and TBC q for changing it for another Legendary.
But when it comes to Atiesh, well AQ40 (and Ouro), here You go in TBC.

Gyundor
23-11-2006, 05:16 PM

*You exit Sarcasme Mode*

Nah no little kid here. Just someone who is curious and thought he asked a normal serious question, thats all. No need to apologize....

I have an internship at a school m8... hence the kids... working with kids from the 3rd grade can be hard

Artia
23-11-2006, 05:23 PM

My 2 cents.

There are already better epics in the beta than Atiesh.

Turiel
23-11-2006, 07:11 PM
There are already better epics in the beta than Atiesh.

In terms of stats, better blues early in TBC, not even anywhere near level 70. Group buff and teleport make somewhat useful though.

Shadewalk
23-11-2006, 08:13 PM
my bet is that some super fire instance in TBC will have us doing naxx if only for the frozen runes to stack as a second fire prot pot...

but anyway I would like to do naxx, maybe or maybe not at 70, but would be nice while lvling at least

sara
23-11-2006, 09:02 PM
How much exp for killing KT? :)

Chonar
23-11-2006, 10:58 PM
There will be second item too - Corrupted Ashbringer, and TBC q for changing it for another Legendary.

No.

Karadros
23-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Yes? :(

Drauk
24-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Actually Naxx won't be noticably easier on lvl 70. Currently all "skull" bosses in the games is player level+3. That means you will still have resists, crushing, glancing etc.
Take into the fact that armor values scales in different way past 60 and you will need to be decked out in top level 70 tanking epics to kill Patchwerk at level 70 (some group tried him and he was doing 15k hatefulls).

P.S. Also Turiel is kinda exaggarating, there is no blues better than Atiesh, espeically taking aura in account. There is blues close to DPS stats of atiesh, but not better.

Magnar
24-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Actually Naxx won't be noticably easier on lvl 70. Currently all "skull" bosses in the games is player level+3. That means you will still have resists, crushing, glancing etc.
Take into the fact that armor values scales in different way past 60 and you will need to be decked out in top level 70 tanking epics to kill Patchwerk at level 70 (some group tried him and he was doing 15k hatefulls).

P.S. Also Turiel is kinda exaggarating, there is no blues better than Atiesh, espeically taking aura in account. There is blues close to DPS stats of atiesh, but not better.
So if you go into nax with people ranging from lvl 65 to 70 the boss level will be different to everyone a.k.a. +3 levels?

Drauk
24-11-2006, 01:22 PM
So if you go into nax with people ranging from lvl 65 to 70 the boss level will be different to everyone a.k.a. +3 levels?

Yes, but it doesn't affect anything except level bases difference, i.e. resist rates, crushing blows, glancing blows and armor reduction calculation.

Ogrosh
24-11-2006, 01:49 PM

Yes, but it doesn't affect anything except level bases difference, i.e. resist rates, crushing blows, glancing blows and armor reduction calculation.

So how come you said he does 15k hatefuls? I'm guessing he doesn't do that against 60's on a tank?

Drauk
24-11-2006, 02:07 PM
So how come you said he does 15k hatefuls? I'm guessing he doesn't do that against 60's on a tank?

Did you missed a part about "armor reduction" ? Actual damage reduction from armor is calculated according to the attacker level. Also, according to some findings, DR doesn't follow the same formula after 61, and is rapidly dropping.
So, that tank had roughly same armor as on live, but Patch counted as 70 level (they tried it at 67) instead of 63 on live. That means that DR from armor was way less that it is on live.

Akrea
24-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Wouldnt that make that titan or whatever thingamajig woman in uldaman quite imba aswell, at level 60 that is?

Chonar
24-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Wouldnt that make that titan or whatever thingamajig woman in uldaman quite imba aswell, at level 60 that is?

No, that just explains why she is able to 'hurt' (read: damage for a small amount) me altogether.

Drauk
24-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Both Ironaya and Archaedas has been recently demoted to regular mobs with level instead of skull.

Chonar
24-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Both Ironaya and Archaedas has been recently demoted to regular mobs with level instead of skull.

Wish you didnt need 3 people to open the way to Archaedas. He'd be specteculary farmable. :(

Abberare
24-11-2006, 04:50 PM
What about Galgann?

Shadewalk
24-11-2006, 06:07 PM

Did you missed a part about "armor reduction" ? Actual damage reduction from armor is calculated according to the attacker level. Also, according to some findings, DR doesn't follow the same formula after 61, and is rapidly dropping.
So, that tank had roughly same armor as on live, but Patch counted as 70 level (they tried it at 67) instead of 63 on live. That means that DR from armor was way less that it is on live.

I'm not certain if all of these things were ment to happen... the main one I'm not certain on is the whole armor thing, basically the attack strengths should not be increasing, and a 15k hateful implies that the your armor is only worth about 30% I think, (hateful is about 21k -22k basic from what I read at some point, but far from certain), so I think there has been an error that some abilities are scaling when they are not ment to in some way... i.e the base damage has increased when it was not ment to

all speculation anyway on my part

Drauk
24-11-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm not certain if all of these things were ment to happen... the main one I'm not certain on is the whole armor thing, basically the attack strengths should not be increasing, and a 15k hateful implies that the your armor is only worth about 30% I think, (hateful is about 21k -22k basic from what I read at some point, but far from certain), so I think there has been an error that some abilities are scaling when they are not ment to in some way... i.e the base damage has increased when it was not ment to

all speculation anyway on my part

http://thottbot.com/beta?sp=28308

Hatelfull has 29990 top end damage, so that means 50% DR. Pretty reasonably number, comparable to what you had in best DM blues back in the day.

Utena
25-11-2006, 11:01 AM

No.

Will the old ashbringer not be needed somehow for the quest to forge a new one? or are they starting from scratch on that?

Flawless
25-11-2006, 01:55 PM

No.

Will the old ashbringer not be needed somehow for the quest to forge a new one? or are they starting from scratch on that?I _think_ that blizz said you won't need the corrupted version to get the new one, some crap about it not being savable and having to make a new one one...

Utena
26-11-2006, 07:16 PM
yeah whats his name, fairbanks in SM said that.