View Full Version : Healadins in TBC

Earny
19-11-2006, 01:07 AM
Dont know if anyone has played a pala in TBC but i've just got mine to 70 in the closed beta and with the new protection talent that helps us tank better (forgot its name but it gives 10% of healing to your mana) makes us better main healers than any other class. For example if i get healed for 3000 i get 300 mana.
But anyway, it doent work on DoT heals but works on vamperic embrace and vamperic touch so if a paladin has 1/2 shadowpriests in his group he can never run out of mana. I was spam healing my highest rank holy light with maxed out +healing and i NEVER ran out of mana and healed for around 6k none crit.
So does this mean we'll be main healers and priests will be dps now? :o

Faylin
19-11-2006, 01:12 AM

It means that things are looking good for my shadow spec ;)

Earny
19-11-2006, 01:24 AM
Yep and shadowpriests are getting even more buffage due to talents now >.<

And is that a first btw, first person from shadowsong to ding 70? :P

MikoWolf
19-11-2006, 03:46 AM
its a spell isnt it? or did they forget to change it on the talents/spell tree?

Earny
19-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Its a passive ability, so you get it all the time.

Rhaego
19-11-2006, 04:34 PM
" A passive ability that gives the Paladin mana when healed by other friendly targets. The amount of mana gained is equal to 10% of the amount healed "

Spiritual Attunement is in core a tanking ability; with or without our mana conservation is the highest of any class but this does not or will not define us as main healers.
Even more since in TBC our healing position is a lot waker compared to a healinh dedicated priest or a druid. We simply cant match the stacking DoTs with out FL, or Hl spaming that result only in overhealing.č

In TBC we are no more that support healers

Ajial
19-11-2006, 04:35 PM
I actually disagree, i think paladins will be more raid healers and druids will still remain single target, sure HoTs are nice but they arnt fast at working, so not good for emergencies.

Rhaego
19-11-2006, 04:46 PM
i dont actualy see paladins heal as fast working, as beeing no more that spot healers, Holy Light is to slow and FL not to effective especialy coping with high range of damage on a MT. Hince is simply not possible for a paladin keeping up a tank who gets high levels of damage, druids can
What it basicly will bring is having paladins in your raid overhealing , how effective this will be in 25 man encounters i cant tell.

Looking how the talent trees currently are i kinda asume the class will be more played as a hybrid especialy if thy mantain so high +spell coficients for holy abilities
[/quote]

Angellic
19-11-2006, 07:05 PM
who are you in the beta? :P I dinged 70 friday night :)

Imladris
19-11-2006, 07:33 PM
i dont actualy see paladins heal as fast working, as beeing no more that spot healers, Holy Light is to slow and FL not to effective especialy coping with high range of damage on a MT.

Have you not read the talents?
Holy light cast time is reduced after you cast it AND
a spell that makes all spells cast time quicker for a peroid of time...

Reread ze talents

Rhaego
19-11-2006, 09:25 PM
yes by 0,5 sec this doesnt realy counter stacking DoTs, lack of group healing or any instant heals other that LoH

Seeing the healing changes priest and druids recived its hard to imagine having paladins as main healers :P

Magnar
19-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Paladins will still be very solid healers, I have no doubt about that. With the right spec I don't see that much changing. We still will have fast heals for emergencies and great mana effiency.

Firesoul
20-11-2006, 12:18 AM
Dont know if anyone has played a pala in TBC but i've just got mine to 70 in the closed beta and with the new protection talent that helps us tank better (forgot its name but it gives 10% of healing to your mana) makes us better main healers than any other class. For example if i get healed for 3000 i get 300 mana.
But anyway, it doent work on DoT heals but works on vamperic embrace and vamperic touch so if a paladin has 1/2 shadowpriests in his group he can never run out of mana. I was spam healing my highest rank holy light with maxed out +healing and i NEVER ran out of mana and healed for around 6k none crit.

*shrug* Stick a like-geared, like-skilled (and maybe like-addoned too :P) pally and priest together and a priest will outdo the Pally every time for healing. People who know me know I know that I know that I know what I'm talking about.

*cough*

Anyway, I can't see this changing for the foreseeable future.

Why we won't be main healers - probably ever - is our lack of the variety of healing that priests have. We can't do mass healing effectively. Sure we'll beat any HoT to increasing or topping up a player's health in a raid, which makes us effective in that regard. But as a replacement, I don't think we'll work because again, we lack a group heal.

Unfortunately we sometimes fail to realise just how important those fragile healers are when we're lost in the flurry of our own healing in raids.

I'd love to see things work the way Rhaego mentions about us being a hybrid class tbh. Have there been any instances etc where you've had to do that? Like switch from healing to tanking gear from one fight to the next to assume a different role etc? That's the shit I'm talking about! :P

Firesoul
20-11-2006, 12:29 AM
The thing I find a bit disconcerting is that one problem we had was that Flash of Light tended to outweigh Holy Light bigtime in effectiveness in raids due to its cast time (despite certain higher ranks of Holy Light actually having better efficiency of Heal/time than FoL).

However, instead of balancing out, it seems Blizz have gone the opposite direction and made HL way more effective. Thoughts?

Personally I think it's maybe a way to enforce FoL-adins to take on other roles in raids. With HL being more effective, our big-healing requirements become a lot more desirable, especally on the front-line where we belong. Not running out of mana while using these heals will be great as it will free up mana to do other things such as judging and cleansing and off-tanking if needed - *edit* although come to think of it, the judging and cleansing do already occur regularly. :P

Sorry about this. Really drunk and can't stop gabbling. :/

MikoWolf
20-11-2006, 12:35 AM
I'd love to see things work the way Rhaego mentions about us being a hybrid class tbh. Have there been any instances etc where you've had to do that? Like switch from healing to tanking gear from one fight to the next to assume a different role etc? That's the shit I'm talking about! :P[/quote]

yows, i had to switch from healdin to tankadin a few times during a couple of raids. *looks at mc, aq40 and naxx

and i must say that by including pala tank gear in tbc, my role is going to be much funnyer to play =D

Firesoul
20-11-2006, 12:40 AM
yows, i had to switch from healdin to tankadin a few times during a couple of raids. *looks at mc, aq40 and naxx

*cough* I meant in the instances in Outland...

Palados
20-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Well, holy shock is now on 15sec timer and can be used more effectively as instant heal. I have +881healing and it crits for around 1k. It saved me many times when I managed to pull several mobs and it saved our group in Ramparts at least once when I was MH there.

I personally don't think that we'll be better healers than priests - no HoTs and aoe heals reduce our versatility. But we still will be better in single target healing. And we will have additional roles in TBC. For example "taunt" mobs of clothies in 5/10mans with Righteous Defense - it worked really nice for me.

Paladins and druids, as well as shamans, are multitasking classes. This is our strong side. I have seen paladins and druids who went from healing to tanking bosses due to different reasons and raid group survived. Which would not be the case if priest would get boss attention for more than several seconds.

Robinvi
20-11-2006, 05:44 PM
In TBC a paladins spec will be way more important than it is atm. Paladins will become great healers (equal to now) if they spec 41+ holy. They will be great tanks by speccing in Prot and in retri they will have a better dps (though we will never be able to compete with dps classes).

kris
21-11-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm already DPS-ing on fights like C'Thun, Noth, Loatheb, ... You don't need a patch to be a real hybrid.

Robinvi
21-11-2006, 12:54 PM
A raid benefits more from a paladin healing than "dps'ing" as it is now. We can not get up to the same dps as other classes on most fights. Sure, we can do decent dps on Loatheb and Noth, but we can't mach the dps classes (if they try), exept maybe warlocks on Loatheb.

Earny
21-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Your missing the point, if we want to keep a main tank up at level 70 we need a lock, MT, 2 shadow priests and a pala. The paladin spam heals with holy light, 2 secs per cast at most hitting for about 5k-8k, while the shadowpriests provide the DoT heals. The paladin will never run out of mana and the tank will never die, it has been proven, i tired it with that same group in slavepens against the big murka-crackler-big-brown-thingi-bob and i never ran out of mana and no one in the group was below 100% for more than 3 secs.

So with a group like that will the game become too easy on tank'n'spank mobs? Seems like blizz may have to balance the talent somehow and make it so palas can tank for longer another way.

Firesoul
22-11-2006, 01:50 AM
I'm already DPS-ing on fights like C'Thun, Noth, Loatheb, ... You don't need a patch to be a real hybrid.

Erm, right now, you do.