View Full Version : Respec

Bunneh
17-11-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm currently Protection spec but kinda sick of taking three days to batter something. I'm looking at a respec and thinking of going down the two handed weapon or duel wield route. Since I've been protection since pretty much day one, I thought I'd ask the more informed Warriors.

My current AP is quite low, hitting 820 in my DPS gear (stop giggling). I have Warblade of the Hakkari as my offhand, Manslayer off Hakkar as my MH, but also have the Halbert of Smiting that i can use as a two hander.

Any suggestions on what a good build would be appreciated. I don't mind going two hander or duel.

Temmink
17-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Do you wanna keep some tanking goodies in case you're in a raiding group or just pure damage?

If it's the first you could go 31/5/15 or 31/4/16, it works nice with the halberd. If not, just go cookie cutter 31/20

Jonneh
19-11-2006, 02:18 PM
17/34 dual wield fury ftw!
Very nice for raid DPS but probably not as good PvPwise as 31/20 arms/fury.

Artia
19-11-2006, 03:56 PM
My current AP is quite low, hitting 820 in my DPS gear (stop giggling). I have Warblade of the Hakkari as my offhand, Manslayer off Hakkar as my MH, but also have the Halbert of Smiting that i can use as a two hander.

There's no need to have huge AP, despite what some might tell you. If you go damage, you'll automatically see which kit helps you upgrade that damage output, and thus gain more AP. I'd expect that you'd pick up a bit of kit from ZG or whatever instance you're doing, so you'll get more AP before you know it.

Reminds me of another topic about fury warriors in raids of some time ago >_>

Joenino
20-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Hmmm you could go like me Get imp HS + that 5 % crit talent and rest in Prot.
I got no problems grinding as tank. I got around 1,1 k AP with BS (unless my blade procs which is + 600 AP) and 23,62 % crit in Zerker stance. Should be enough for some decent grinding and raiding.

Bunneh
21-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the help guys :) I tried MS build, hated it, sure shizzle died faster but I lost health damn it! Tried DW build, same thing, wasn't impressed at all. Gone back to Protection, seem to get on with it better. Got Imp Shield Block and a few other bits I missed before, so I should be able to take hits long now.