View Full Version : Feral Druids Tanking Neffie

Akeap
01-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Hey fellow Druids

I was wondering if anyone has managed to tank neffie here yet?

If so, any indication of your armour you were using at the time, pots etc.

Figures of how much AC, AP etc would be cool but Im sure you can't remember that much detail.
I myself have quite good armour now from BWL/AQ40 etc and hopefully will be attempting pretty soon.

Also any tips you think might be helpful, little tricks you do. Just thought a little research first to make sure im prepared.

My final question: HAs anyone managed to get a GM to replace their blackhands breath with the Mark Of tyranny ?? I have tried serveral times and they say that they can only do it if you choose wrong item a few days ago. I did the quest well over 6 months now when I was resto and tanking was a distant dream :?

I have even resorted to deleting it and asking for my 1 time re-issue per character to be used and trying to get the MOT instead :lol: didn't fool them.... :oops:

thanks in advance :wink:

Chopper
01-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Regarding your Mark of Tyranny question, there aren't a lot of trinkets with an armour bonus (I can only think of 2) but if you're interested in the Mark more because of the dodge% bonus, then Vigilance Charm or Stormpike Insignia Rank 6 could be good alternatives.

Flawless
01-11-2006, 02:33 PM
I got a Gm to replace my mark of Tyranny for the Blackhands, just keep bugging them and some sympathetic GM will

Decebalus
01-11-2006, 03:00 PM
or take enchanting and get a Smoking Heart of the Mountain... :P

Akeap
02-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the responses peeps.

I assume then that no-one has tanked Neffarian then as Druid bear on SS? or maybe Druids dont look here :D .

I have the vigilance charm already for dodge but its the armour I am wanting.

I have apealed to GM loads of times, guess im unlucky getting crappy ones with no heart to swap it out, I have read on US forums they do it all the time. :?

I already have leveled Enchanting to make the Heart of Smoking Mountain when I changd to feral (cost a fortune :? ), but Mark of Tyranny would help also with Armour sometimes when highest is needed. I find it a right pain that you choose a reward that is one of only 2 in the game and cannot be exchanged.

They should change it in a patch or in TBC that you can swap, even if with another quest or you hand in loads of farmable stuff like the broodlord of whats his fave dragon rings.

I think Im pushing 14k when raid buffed atm with 1150 AP, 28% crit and 17% dodge and about 8k health in bear. But thats all our AC and hardly any resists, (got other bits to help those situations).

I need to get Boots of the shadow flame from BWL or Hive tunnelers boots from AQ40 (both never drop) and Guise of the devourer helm from AQ40 although VVV hardly do trinity atm only if we have some spare raid time, its dropped once but I wasn't approved for raid that night :cry:

PS: How do you create the linky things to show the items? :?:

Kabhanda
02-11-2006, 02:04 PM
You dont need to have good bear gear to tank nef

You need to survive druid class calls where you are a cat.
Thats the only risky point (just as warrior zerk calls hurt warrior tanks)

Chopper
02-11-2006, 02:22 PM
PS: How do you create the linky things to show the items? :?:

Like this:

Twill Pants
Twill Pants pew pew!

Akeap
02-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Ah thats how you do it... :D

Many thanks Chopper :wink:

Ringholm
08-11-2006, 11:11 AM
That must be the only real problem tanking Neffe, the class call.
Not sure how your gonna handle it though.

Faylin
08-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Well it isn't so much different from the warrior call is it? A druid in cat with good feral gear with +armour and devotion aura will have close to 4k armour I guess?

So that shouldn't be that much more damage taken then a warrior in "+ 30% damage taken" mode (it is 30% at Nef right?).

Obviously the hit point bonus isn't there when you are in cat... but it does sound doable to me.

Vege
08-11-2006, 02:45 PM
If hunter was able to tank Neffie, druid should be able too, imo.

Kinshara
08-11-2006, 03:26 PM
If hunter was able to tank Neffie, druid should be able too, imo.

Yeah... wasn't 100% convinced by that :) Don't really see how you'd hold aggro; hunter melee isn't all that great. They might have had others downrank nukes though.

I know there's been at least 1 video showing a druid tanking nef though; needed a LoH during the class call, but was fine other than that.

Artia
08-11-2006, 04:08 PM
Months ago, Boro's feral guildie tanked Nefarian rather easily, think he had about 11k hp and 13k armor. Obviously you could get more than that, armorwise, but they figured the dodge was worth having 2-3k armor less. Biggest problem was indeed the class call, but it reportedly went rather smooth, as healers had time to compensate and adjust their output to the tank. Aggro was never an issue, but that's rarely the case when you have a feral druid that actually knows how to tank. Just get the kit you want, bring flasks, and talk to your warriors about the gear they feel is needed to tank. Translate that to druid needs, and you'll be golden.

Kathra
08-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Cepton did it aye