View Full Version : Elemental Pets \o/

Uzgash
01-11-2006, 09:23 AM
So, for some reason blizzard decided to give us the ability to summon elemental guardians. (Something we always have asked for)

I've been trying to collect some info on them and this is what I came up with:

- The Greater Fire Elemental has Fire Blast, Fire Nova, Fire Shield and is immune to Fire. Costs 680 mana.

- The Greater Earth Elemental causes high threat and has an area effect threat ability, has high armor and is immune to Nature. Costs 705 mana.

- They last 2 mins.

- They have a 20 mins cooldown.

- They can only move within 30 yards of the totem.

- The totem can not be destroyed.

- They do not scale in any way.

- And finally: They can not be controlled. :wink:

toru
01-11-2006, 09:34 AM
ooo nice info i gues this could be usefull for ele and heal spec but for us mucle bound enhancment type it will be extra damage to gettin mobs down :razz: :lol:

Ogrosh
01-11-2006, 10:52 AM
From that info they look rubbish...

Hurtgen
12-01-2007, 04:31 AM
do u rekon if we ask enough theyll giv rogues a pet?

syranndyr
12-01-2007, 04:57 AM
20 minute cooldown's make them abit dubious but that seem's entirely because of arena's. Though I'm abit meeeeeeeh about the lack of scaling, but that's just because I don't like anything that doesn't scale and I'm kinda confused about the earth one abit. I don't entirely get how a tank with awesome aggro but no control can be utilised to it's fullest? maybe it just can't :(

A certain fag informed me that that the earth elemental is effectively the highest threat pet/player outside of auto aggro moves like taunt and mocking blow (the warrior would just lose aggro after the taunt faded etc). He also suggested that the fire elemental has awesome DPS for the the time they're up, even if perhaps a bit situational (read: enough dps to have it's own threat issues).

Ogrosh
22-01-2007, 12:00 PM
After having played with them for a while now, they rule.

The earth elemental means I can solo elites my level and above very easily, it's that pocket tank that you always wanted and it holds aggro really well, it held aggro against a BM Hunter's pet with bestial wrath activated, ony one level below me at the time :)

The fire ele comes in very handy on those occasions you accidentally pull 5 or 6 normal mobs and can't get away or just feel like pwning them. Keep him healed and watch him rip them a new one.

The 20 minute cooldown doesn't actually work out that bad, it's pretty rare that you need a tank or get in a sticky situation more than once every 20 mins or so.

They have both saved my ass numerous times already and them being on seperate timers, just not being able to use at the same time works out well as I usually have one available to save me.

Hyladriel
22-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Sounds very nice (=

The 20 minute cooldown doesn't actually work out that bad, it's pretty rare that you need a tank or get in a sticky situation more than once every 20 mins or so.

They have both saved my ass numerous times already and them being on seperate timers, just not being able to use at the same time works out well as I usually have one available to save me.

Well, the thing for me is and i think this goes for others aswell. That you tend to save them untill you really really need it. And therefore you end up using them hardly a few times a day or so =p.

you never know when they might save your life and they're on CD then :o

Über
22-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Reminds me of rogues who are saving their CDs for rainy days. :P

XeD
22-01-2007, 06:52 PM
1 more level and i'm getting the earth one :) looking forward to it! :D

btw a spec with EM and NS so fucking wins :D hurt when i gotta hurt.. heal when i gotta heal :D

moonbasher.
22-01-2007, 07:18 PM
its kinda an anti climax :P
but usefull at times

Ogrosh
23-01-2007, 01:20 PM
1 more level and i'm getting the earth one :) looking forward to it! :D

btw a spec with EM and NS so fucking wins :D hurt when i gotta hurt.. heal when i gotta heal :D

It most certainly does :D

Harr
24-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Pfft.. dual wielding is where teh pwn is now for shammies ;)

Ogrosh
25-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Pfft.. dual wielding is where teh pwn is now for shammies ;)

Never! Pew pew still reigns supreme and always will! :P