View Full Version : Priest on Razorgore

fuzd
21-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Any advice for avoiding aggro on the Razorgore fight?

I'm primarily shielding the kiters and giving them HOT's when neccesary

Nurz - Troll priest
Vice Guildmaster of Hellscreams Mercenaries

sara
21-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Priests should be kiting :)

Ajial
21-09-2006, 11:30 AM
There is no real trick other then try and heal as little as possible. HoTs are good as they spread threat around over the 12 seconds rather then 1 burst... Its basically a case of hoping everyone else gets more aggro then you :)

captpicard
21-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Though call, from my experience one or two flashes or renews was enough to have a kite dance with one or more Legionaires.
Just heal as little as possible, you can more or less start healing more when hell breaks loose (last eggs part) yet keep fade up for when Razor will be tanked.

We mostly had three priest who healed the shammies, on a still relatively low basis (Hunters didnt need that much healing) And accepted thier loss. (Combat Res/Soulstone or pray we have enough dweds up)

However you will never truly appreciate the fight untill you do kill strat.

Zorg
21-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Kiting or killing orcs? dragonkin i assume you kite. generally we heal very little there and we go for the kill tactics which means no stupid ORCS who kill our healers :D

HoT / shielding leave most of the healing of kiters to shamans should keep you fine untill the actuall bossfight.

Malrazor
27-09-2006, 06:17 AM
If you don't sheep/sleep stuff, I found that a well placed Holy Nova is nice. Especially when a hunter comes running with 10+ dragonkins, one holy nova can heal for 1k+ without any (too much) aggro.

letspray
04-10-2006, 06:09 AM
If you don't sheep/sleep stuff, I found that a well placed Holy Nova is nice. Especially when a hunter comes running with 10+ dragonkins, one holy nova can heal for 1k+ without any (too much) aggro.

Sorry what ?

I don't get it .

I tried to understand it as Lightwell .. or PoH ? no I still don't get it :)

letspray
04-10-2006, 06:15 AM
The aggro management at Razor is indeed tricky . Priests that I raid with can usually cheat , by having 5 set Transcendence = auto fade . With inner fire on we can usually survive one or two hit before the fade procs .

That being said , it is very important that kiters try avoid getting hit as best as they can . Thing will go wrong like getting a lot hit -> heal a lot -> aggro a lot -> healer aggros -> healer dies -> more dmg taken -> more heal -> more healers die -> tanks die -> lose mob -> the end xD

A small trick that will help is , when you get aggro and take damage , do not heal yourself , let other people help you out instead . Self healing = fortify your aggro = even harder to manage next time . Try shield self and wait for a heal .

If the aggro begins to get insanely hard to control the phase is probly ending sooner or later , try fear them and run away :)

If it goes real tricky , limited immu pot can always save you once .

/pray for you

Malrazor
04-10-2006, 07:13 AM

Sorry what ?

I don't get it .

I tried to understand it as Lightwell .. or PoH ? no I still don't get it :)

What's so hard to understand ? Holy Nova is an AoE that doesn't cause any threat, costs a lot of mana and heals for a low amount. Now it would be a waste to use it when there's only 1-2 npc's standing around but when a hunter comes running with 10+ dragonkins behind him, one single Holy Nova can heal your entire group for 1k+ without causing aggro.

This does only work though if you don't CC anything during the fight, since the damage would break it.

Harr
06-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Damage and Heal part are separate. Doing more damage doesn't give bigger heal with holy nova. (As it uses 2 charges from ZHC too with the damage and heal part).