View Full Version : Sigh

Fintan
13-09-2006, 08:29 AM
I've given up hope on the whole warrior community. The official forums actually make me feel angry. Am I the only person who isn't crying his eyes out over TBC? Yeah on paper the abilities suck but I still think we're going to hold our own in pretty much anything we do. I posted something on the official forums and basically had it slammed after they discovered I wasn't coated in epic equipment.

Is anyone else actually looking forward to TBC or is it just me?

Tsarina
13-09-2006, 09:00 AM
You don't have epics? LOL!

STFU noob!

Fintan
13-09-2006, 09:07 AM
I have 3, Thekals Grasp, Don Julios and Zandalar armguards.

The rest is pretty much a ZG ring, a blue offhand mace and rank 10 PvP armour.

1100 AP with BS, 22% Battle crit, 5.5khp so not all bad.

But thankyou for your demonstration of the warrior community, it was perfect. :P

Jarelan
13-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Personally, no I'm not looking forward to TBC. As it stands if I want the build I have at lvl 60 I am going to need to be lvl 65 in TBC to achieve it. That sucks.

I'm currently levelling up a rogue for TBC, and in regards to talents looks like I'll have to go fury on my warrior to be anywhere near happy with my build. A lot of MS warriors will suffer.

Chonar
13-09-2006, 09:27 AM
I'm not crying my eyes out no, but I think I'll fully give up on PVP without a healer at my side. :p

Tsarina
13-09-2006, 09:38 AM
1100 AP with BS, 22% Battle crit, 5.5khp so not all bad.

Not all bad. But far from being good.

Seeing as you actually have some epics, I'll dignify you with a more proper answer:

I have to say I understand the smack you're taking on the official boards. Because... Well, basically you're a liar and an idiot. You list your crap gear and say you have a good chance to beat mages. You don't. You say you beat Tier2 warriors, but you don't.
You pretty much used to be the clown of alliance PvPers.

[Raid]: Someone: It's Fintan's team, I'll be on the forums.
[Raid]: Someoneelse: Me too. Poke me on msn when we're done.

If you really want to kick ass in Battlegrounds I suggest you practice,practice and practice some more.How would you know? Why even say something like this? Did it never cross your mind that someone reading that might have seen you monkey around in a BG? Obviously you lose all credibility with statements like this.

Read the posts on the official forums again. You might have to accept you're no Galilei. There's a reason you get so many replies ridiculing you. Belive it or not, I'm far from the only one thinking you're stupid.

Sorry to bring this to the original poster but you seriously have no clue.
QFT

You haven't even used the new talents yet. No-one will for months. No-one, therefore, has the experience to slate these talents do they? No-one can possibly predict how powerful or weak a level 70 warrior will be until they level a warrior to level 70 and take him to war.
If you have some insight in the mechanics of your own class, it's very much possible to predict how the talents will affect you.

For a good laugh:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=31473417&pageNo=1

Limbo
13-09-2006, 10:15 AM
ouch! :lol:

Moomonde
13-09-2006, 11:25 AM
hot damn! drama thread inc!

Chopper
13-09-2006, 01:05 PM
I've given up hope on the whole warrior community. The official forums actually make me feel angry. Am I the only person who isn't crying his eyes out over TBC? Yeah on paper the abilities suck but I still think we're going to hold our own in pretty much anything we do. I posted something on the official forums and basically had it slammed after they discovered I wasn't coated in epic equipment.

Is anyone else actually looking forward to TBC or is it just me?

Yes, I'm looking forward to TBC despite the relocation of Tactical Mastery to the Protection tree to reduce the appeal of 3X/3X level 70 arms/fury builds whilst hitting existing level 60 arms/fury builds with a fucking 5 point downgrade. :roll:

Locowar
13-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Tsarina wrote:
Lmao.

Karadros
13-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Moar Fintan instagibbing plz. :)

Bah, why must I be banned from the WoW forums? Why, why?!
Fintan, come back to Birmingham and I shall show you the benedits of Arms vs Flurry. It's called a mace in teh d0rf head. :)

Fintan
13-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Congratulations, your PvP team could crush my PuG groups. Are you suprised? The thread I made in the official forums was nothing to do with gear. Fun fact for the day, you're no more skilled than I. The difference is you have lovely gear and a great team on your side. Yes, you steamrollered us, but this proves my thread was less valid how exactly?

I know you get kicks out of putting people down, I've never known why but sadly this actually bothers me because I have respect for someone who has gained 3 rank 14's so I can't say I don't care what you say. But you Sir, if you stand by what you say, are also a liar and an idiot. No-one in their right mind would proclaim me a PvP "Clown". Why? Because I'm actually good. Not only that but like my thread implies, I can indeed beat Tier 2 warriors and mages, I never implied for one moment I beat them with any sort of ease, style or without popping CD's, but beat them I do.

Apparently I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm only talking from experience. If you don't believe that I can't beat classes and players in higher end gear then me, then so be it. That I won't lose any sleep over. Luckily I don't go around looking to pick a fight, I'm usually more concerned with clinging onto some bastard druid who's running down the ramp with my flag. If you really want me to summarise :

I play a blue geared fury warrior. I do well. I'm sorry if this is an insult to your elitist ways but I'm sure you'll get over it in time.

Edit: Your - You're :P

Fintan
13-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Incidentally for some reason I can't log onto the official forums and reply >.<

Kinshara
13-09-2006, 04:56 PM
I think the point was that warriors who know exactly how to maximise their performance at present have a very good idea about what the new talents do for them, even if they haven't had a chance to use them yet.

I seem to remember a lot of people complaining that they couldn't do something similar to 31/5/15 with the fury tree for dps/offtanking, since they'd lack TM; as with a lot of BC changes placing it in the prot tree seems like a PvE oriented change to address a common complaint players had, but possibly in the wrong way; whether blizzard intends to stop 31/30/0 builds before anyone can use them I don't know.

There is a possible change that would throw everyone's ideas off, though... the rage generation mechanics being changed.

Fintan
13-09-2006, 05:06 PM
I'm just sick of people whining about an excellent class if I'm being honest. I took it out in an official forum and managed to say some things without thinking about them beforehand. That was a bad idea :D

Luckily Tsarinas flame passed mostly over my head thanks to the "Since you have some epics Ill give you a more dignified response" comment. I could mention so many better players than the PvPers you give credit to in the "best of" posts, but as they're not decked out in epic equipment it would just be mocked and shunned by people like Tsarina. Shame really.

Legendfierce
13-09-2006, 06:08 PM
OMG !!11 MS CRITZ FOR 4milion Kay!

Über
13-09-2006, 06:58 PM
ouch! :lol:

Flawless
13-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Im looking forward to TBC, 4 Level 60's ftw tbh... cept one just whores mooncloth.

Regardless, I think it'll still be fun with my warrior and that ill stick with him as my main for the time being

Would just like TM talents scrapped like Innervate, like arcane explosion.>.>

Dfox
13-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Only thing i kinda dont like is that the TM talent is moved to the prot tree(cant have it all can we:P?), but thats about it.
So yes im looking forward to the burning crusade.

Tsarina
13-09-2006, 09:49 PM
I took it out in an official forum and managed to say some things without thinking about them beforehand. That was a bad idea :D
Yes, that was a bad idea. And unable to learn from own mistakes, you now do it again.

Luckily Tsarinas flame passed mostly over my head thanks to the "Since you have some epics Ill give you a more dignified response" comment.Think about it again. Can you imagine anyone except you taking that literally? I can't. Or I wouldn't write it. Sorry for having faith in your intellect. It won't happen again.

I could mention so many better players than the PvPers you give credit to in the "best of" Like your self? Having high thoughts about your self is mostly a good thing. Just don't be too blind to see possible flaws.

Since you are a brave young man still learning about life, I'll give you an advice. It's for both in game and RL. You'll probably ignore it and think you've had enough of that rude Tsarina, but try to read it with an open mind.

Don't let excuses become a crutch. That's it.

You write a post that get a bad reception. Instead of reading and trying to understand the posts there, some fairly good and explanatory, you conclude that it's your lack of epics that makes people react like they do.
You write about your PvP skills, but lack of epics make you look less great than you are.

It's not the epics. It's you! Do you honestly think I would even mention epics in any of my posts if you didn't make such a big issue out of it? (And how on earth did you fail to see the humour? Maybe not good, that's a matter of opinion, but easily recognizable for a bright person.)

And why don't you have more purples? You certainly have the online hours for it. Even I managed to find a raiding guild. Are you less of a "people-person" than I am? I'm sure you could change that if you wanted to. But instead you choose to imagine how great you would be if only the gear matched your skills.

I'd feel more sorry for you and be nicer if you were less full of your self. Sadly you'll probably let this post "mostly pass over your head" because I fail to see your grandness behind your gear.

Fintan
13-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Wow wow wow. Lets slow this up. Firstly you seem to think I wrote the post with the intention of boosting my own ego. I apologise if it was so poorly written that this wasn't apparent( I was angry at the time I will admit) but that was not my aim. The Official Forums really do anger me, and I will not retract anything I mentioned about practising in your time between BG's as 70% of the whines are completely unjustified, and could be amended if people just opened their damn minds to the possibilities of what warriors can achieve.

Your humour truly did pass over my head :P

Tsarina I expected more from you in one respect. You've taken absolutely everything I've said at face value. I don't think you can deny that people purpley equipped tend to look down on us folks with more mediocre gear. I admitted I made a lot of mistakes with the post, and I've read through all 41 replies. Yes, some members of the community have given me material to think on, as have you, but I still experienced the shun of being normally equipped, with players telling me I've experienced "10% of the game." Bullshit. I am no new face to PvP, and as the post was PvP based no-one can criticise me for lack of experience.

I'm actually currently in a raiding alliance, but I haven't been able to play the game for a month now due to a computer breakdown, and won't be able to afford a new computer for another month. The online hours I've clocked have nearly all been sitting in hour long queues to get into a WSG I know I'll meet a regular horde team in that will stomp me into submission. My first aim was to get my PvP gear, which took a long long time due to RL commitments and the like. If my computer hadn't broken down I would have been well on my way to Field Marshal now, to complete my epic set. You win some and you lose some :( Needless to say I haven't been idle in my quest for better gear, but if I lose to a better player who happens to be wearing tier 1, 2 or anything of the kind, I've not yet blamed it on the gear gap. In fact, if anything, It drives me to work harder to work how to beat these opponents.

If I thought myself flawless I wouldn't spend hours trying to perfect my reflexes and reactions to different situations outside IF (Limited I know) or the occasional rare world PvP if I can get it, but yes, I am proud of what I've learnt over months of PvPing. My post evidently failed to make anything like the sort of effect I was hoping for, and I forsee many many more warrior whines before TBC even hit the shelves. Most will be poorly written with limited substance behind them, and they'll continue to anger me.

Talking of learning from mistakes I hope you've learnt to not outright insult people who clearly do know what they're talking about, even if their way of conveying said knowledge falls flat on it's face. It's easily done but not something that helps anyone, except to maybe provoke.

I appreciate your advice but I learnt not to lean on excuses a long time ago. It's funny how lifes most important lessons are the most painful.

Well you've given me a lot to think on, and as soon as I get my computer up and running again Ill continue my strive to be the best. Be as rude as you like, if I was so soft skinned to take personal offence to criticisms about an online game I don't think I could PvP in the first place. And all criticism is welcome, only a moron walks into the future with his eyes closed.

I hope some warriors picked up some advice from my post.

Smellyskele
13-09-2006, 10:46 PM
hot damn! drama thread inc!

Saxo
14-09-2006, 12:46 AM
The new protection tree is yummy, we even get good old shield discipline back in the form of shield mastery, although toned down a notch its a most welcome return in its passive form =)

Have high hopes for spell reflection as well, very nice skill to get to counter all the crowd control we're otherwise defenseless against.

Karadros
14-09-2006, 12:50 AM
And why don't you have more purples? You certainly have the online hours for it. Even I managed to find a raiding guild. Are you less of a "people-person" than I am?

And here's me, perhaps one of the most anti-social of you all... well, I need not say more.
*Bang! And the Fintan is gone!*

Karadros
14-09-2006, 12:54 AM
I'm just sick of people whining about an excellent class if I'm being honest.

Look - Tactical Mastery placed in the talent tree that least benefits it is on the whole a bad idea.

Legendfierce
14-09-2006, 02:51 AM
At the end of the day yer Tsarina has had 3 rank 14's May be a good pvper but erm... Who always manages to get Zerker buff "when you dont use swiftness pot" Will TBC change this??

Taurusos
14-09-2006, 03:36 AM
To conclude this very aggressive thread:

Im better than you all.

Except for the mages and the warlocks who keep humilating me. You know who you are.

/Tau

Fintan
14-09-2006, 08:07 AM
And here's me, perhaps one of the most anti-social of you all... well, I need not say more.
*Bang! And the Fintan is gone!*

Sorry to disappoint Kara but I'm very much still here. I still stand by what I said, but I do admit my way of conveying said feelings was out of anger rather than a constructive post, and it came out a tad childish. TM was put into the protection tree to stop a 31/30 build which lets face it, would be crazy. However, as I keep saying.

IT'S NOT EVEN OUT YET.

If the warrior talents are released exactly as they are without any tweaking you can have 20g from me. But you can stop as well, grown men whining is a tad pathetic, and yes I've seen you do it :wink:

thurlog
14-09-2006, 08:12 AM
I don't get it. Since when do warriors have any signs of intellect? These walls of text can't be produced by warriors...

Taurusos
14-09-2006, 08:21 AM
Is Bob Sapp one overrated K1-fighter who clowns? Or will his massive shape ever be any contest?

Discuss this.

/Tau

Legendfierce
14-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Is Bob Sapp one overrated K1-fighter who clowns? Or will his massive shape ever be any contest?

Discuss this.

/Tau

Look how you charge the enemy, stopping it in it's path so elegant.

Ogrosh
14-09-2006, 12:20 PM

Discuss this.

/Tau

He is a clown and gets beaten by anyone half decent, the only reason he is still about is because he plays up to the Japanese crowd as a godzilla type figure.

It is funny seeing him being beaten all the time though! :lol:

Ilks
20-10-2006, 02:22 PM
I'll go against the grain here and post on-topic. I am looking forward to TBC in general, however as a heavily prot warrior [13/0/38] I am dreading the grind that I'd have to go through. I am positive everyone else in the guild will outlevel me, unless I get a regular grind group together. TBH I've not bothered to consider if I will be gimped or uber with the new talents, and I won't bother considering it until I have TBC in my dirty paws.

Über
20-10-2006, 03:03 PM
posting on-topic is so last month

I've seen Bob Sapp pwn some highly skilled & ranked fighters aswell. Still, as already said before, he is still about because he plays up to the Japanese crowd as a godzilla type figure.

So, no real skills there but if he manages to get one blow in before he wears himself out he might have a chance. :P

Flawless
20-10-2006, 06:14 PM
I'll go against the grain here and post on-topic. I am looking forward to TBC in general, however as a heavily prot warrior [13/0/38] I am dreading the grind that I'd have to go through. I am positive everyone else in the guild will outlevel me, unless I get a regular grind group together. TBH I've not bothered to consider if I will be gimped or uber with the new talents, and I won't bother considering it until I have TBC in my dirty paws.why not respec for leveling? whats the point in gimping the the time you level in?

going to a basic MS build and just questing away then when you ding 70 respec back to prot