View Full Version : Mage vs Warrior - help needed, inquire within

Moomonde
02-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Posted this on the warrior forums and as basically told to FAP or run away, maybe you magi have a better idea of how i can be more successful :)

So I have a chirpy little Orc Warrior called Seamonde with imba gear and a few enchants who is rarely beaten 1vs1 and I can sometimes take a double team if one is a disarmable player.

However, against frost mages I have some problems. If trinket isn't on CD i'm grand but if it is... i basically can't kill them quickly enough before some of their team mates come over or they've destroyed me. Here is a usual sequence of events if I don't have trinket:

Charge and hamstring
Nova and mage walks into deadzone (I switch to defensive stance)
FB
FB
(Nova might break or it might not, then another FB)
At end of nova timer I switch to zerker
I walk towards mage and bloodrage
Blink away
Intercept, MS, hack amap
Cone of Cold, Fireblast, maybe cold snap and they repeat or iceblock ftl

If I'm lucky my crits are enough to take them down, otherwise I'm screwed, and let's not even talk about being a sheep.

Please, anyone got any ideas? something i'm missing?

Tsarina
02-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Please, anyone got any ideas?
Reroll Warlock.

PS
I met you in WSG today. I was Stigmata, the UD warlock. The mage Lilya is Yin/Amaia

Karadros
02-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Against a proper mage all warriors are screwed. Unless the Mage is an utter utter n00b and stops pressing buttons, Warriors lose.

Asho
02-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Use death ray

Chopper
02-09-2006, 08:24 PM
FAP, Reck' bomb, hide for 30 mins.

*nod*

Moomonde
02-09-2006, 11:57 PM
pleased to meet you tsarina, i've heard so much about you, and being invited to your's and amaia's group, an honour. Pity we went to separate BGs, perhaps another time :)

general consensus seems to be that i'm am screwed, maybe i could convince a priest to tag along with me...

Nimbus
03-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Oh dear... tsar and yin have new alts... where will it end?

Trupiaczacha
03-09-2006, 01:57 AM
Oh dear... tsar and yin have new alts... where will it end?

we all knwo it :wink:

and mage vs war is all about luck there no mater if he is frost of fire :) its mostly only luck

Karadros
03-09-2006, 03:28 AM
Yeah, the Warrior has to be lucky enough for the Mage to have a heart attack.

Nimbus
03-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Back in the waiting for bg queue days Naikon duelled me over and over and over until he could consistently beat me. So it can be done but takes impeccable timing and maybe also a certain talent build? Ask him how he does it...

Not saying its hard to beat me in a duel or anything, just that usually mages have the upper hand against warriors.

Kathra
03-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Back in the waiting for bg queue days Naikon duelled me over and over and over until he could consistently beat me. So it can be done but takes impeccable timing and maybe also a certain talent build? Ask him how he does it...

Not saying its hard to beat me in a duel or anything, just that usually mages have the upper hand against warriors.

Imo its pure Luck.

My mage can take down a warrior with 1-2 lucky frostbite procs and as long as nothing screws up. However if the warrior gets a lucky crit then he can practically two-shot you.

My general advice against mages would be to try and circle around them as much as you can to stop extended spellcasting, frostmages arent exactly the masters of instant attacks, so dont allow him to cast. Ofc, always keep hamstring up, but apart from that, just pray that you crit often.

Sugrob
08-12-2006, 06:51 PM
engeneer's bombs can help u a little

Allannen
08-12-2006, 06:56 PM
PS
I met you in WSG today. I was Stigmata, the UD warlock. The mage Lilya is Yin/Amaia

Do I see the next rank 14 here? (well, not that that exists anymore... and I guess the whole hardcore ranking is gone but still)

Lonan
10-12-2006, 07:16 PM
engeneer's bombs can help u a little

./agree

if u cant beat em get some stun bombs when there is a group runnig towards u then at least ull get either him or keep him amused with a stun and run :), If its a one on one then There is an offhand (cant rember name) and it causes 150 damage to urself evrey 2 secs for so long, this off hand breaks sap/sheep/frostnova etc get it and use it well :)

Über
10-12-2006, 08:02 PM
The Skull Of Impending Doom abuse got nerfed iirc.

Edit: Couldn't find any facts though, just rumours.

"The 'Skull of Impending Doom' has been changed and will now increase run speed by 60% for 10 seconds, but deals damage equal to 60% of your maximum health and drains 60% of your maximum mana for over 10 seconds."