View Full Version : MS spec Warrior vs Frost Mage (40-49)

Moomonde
30-08-2006, 10:17 PM
So I have a chirpy little Orc Warrior called Seamonde with imba gear and a few enchants who is rarely beaten 1vs1 and I can sometimes take a double team if one is a disarmable player.

However, against frost mages I have some problems. If trinket isn't on CD i'm grand but if it is... i basically can't kill them quickly enough before some of their team mates come over or they've destroyed me. Here is a usual sequence of events if I don't have trinket:

Charge and hamstring
Nova and mage walks into deadzone (I switch to defensive stance)
FB
FB
(Nova might break or it might not, then another FB)
At end of nova timer I switch to zerker
I walk towards mage and bloodrage
Blink away
Intercept, MS, hack amap
Cone of Cold, Fireblast, maybe cold snap and they repeat or iceblock ftl

If I'm lucky my crits are enough to take them down, otherwise I'm screwed, and let's not even talk about being a sheep.

Please, anyone got any ideas? something i'm missing?

Angellic
30-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Oh! hello, I'm Icecube :)

Meri
30-08-2006, 10:48 PM
If the mage plays perfectly (very hard cause one slip means dead mage), and has proper talents, they can be level 20, naked, and still kill you one on one. Frostmage vs. warrior is the dumbest most onesided fight in the game. On the other hand if you spot a lvl 49 frostmage, drink a FAP, then charge/intercept, you're going to win quite easily.
(I'm sure everyone has seen the rank1 frostbolt kite on epixed warrior :P )

Moomonde
31-08-2006, 03:16 PM
hello angellic, haven't seen you for a little while

so FAP or run away, think i'll run, never been a big fan of potions

Thrane
31-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Frostmage vs. warrior is the dumbest most onesided fight in the game. On the other hand if you spot a lvl 49 frostmage, drink a FAP, then charge/intercept, you're going to win quite easily.
(I'm sure everyone has seen the rank1 frostbolt kite on epixed warrior :P )

Funny... onesided fight eh? Kind of amusing how I'm capable of winning vs a frost mage if I'm lucky. Without trinkets/potions (well maybe my lifegiving gem).

Oh... and the warrior in the rank1 frostbolt thing didn't exactly give it his all either.

Temmink
04-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Funny... onesided fight eh? Kind of amusing how I'm capable of winning vs a frost mage if I'm lucky. Without trinkets/potions (well maybe my lifegiving gem).

Oh... and the warrior in the rank1 frostbolt thing didn't exactly give it his all either.

How? Other than twoshotting one or get lucky frost nova resists i don't see how you'll manage this as you never get more hits in. If you even manage to hit one at all.

Thrane
04-09-2006, 12:20 PM

How? Other than twoshotting one or get lucky frost nova resists i don't see how you'll manage this as you never get more hits in. If you even manage to hit one at all.

Note how I said if I'm lucky. So yes.. that means that I need luck vs a well played frost mage. I will however already be enraged in most cases.
Which means I can probably tear away a mage's hp in the short time I'm close to it. Yes, even as a fury warrior. Imp intercept is a blessing too of course.

Yes... it requires me to have some luck on crits. If the mage also has proper gear I'll probably need a lifegiving gem. But that doesn't make it impossible.f

Fleshmissile
04-09-2006, 12:46 PM
tbh thrane just stoneform ftw

Chopper
04-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Eh?

Stoneform (http://www.thottbot.com/?sp=20594) is about as much use as The Human Spirit (http://www.thottbot.com/?sp=20598) for a warrior facing a mage.

Dinohtar
04-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Most warriors dont stand a chance vs. an Arc/Fire mage even knowing we aint what we use to be

there have bin only a few who could take me one on one

Fleshmissile
04-09-2006, 02:23 PM
my 54 mage is teh leet :)

Ogrosh
05-09-2006, 08:06 AM
my 54 mage is teh leet :)

heh, I shall be sure to tremble when I see you around! :lol:

Chonar
05-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Remember, Intimidating Shout on its' initial target is both a prolonged stun and a spell-interrupt as well.

Moomonde
05-09-2006, 06:58 PM
/tar chon
/bow

should last most of the nova with that, thank you very much chonar, i'll just have to make sure i don't blow all my rage before the nova

Tsarina
05-09-2006, 08:08 PM
/tar chon
/bow

should last most of the nova with that, thank you very much chonar, i'll just have to make sure i don't blow all my rage before the novaIf intimidating shout solves your problem, the mages you fight aren't that hard in the first place.

Moomonde
07-09-2006, 04:06 PM
perhaps i've never used it so haven't had to make them use their blink :S?

does mage trinket get out of stuns?

or was that a slap in chonar's face? or mine? lol