View Full Version : Leader of the pack or not?

Karlsens
23-08-2006, 09:39 AM
I wondering if i should sacrifice Leader of the pack talent in order to get Natures swiftness.

For PvP'ing mainly.

Ty :)

Talsin
23-08-2006, 09:48 AM
ehm this really needs an answer?
did you ever use ns? its about the best thing we can use for both pve and pvp. the extra crit does not help when you are dead

Karlsens
23-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Nope i never had it :)

I just wondered if a feral druid would be better off with 3% crit than this.

Im not very experienced, hence my question.

thank you.

Nivellen
23-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Yes you can.

You have to make up your mind about what you expect and want from your druid in PvP and/or PvE, then spec accordingly.

If you want to go for survivability then 21 resto/30 feral is the best choice. LotP won't have a direct impact on your survival. Now if you want something else, for example kitty dps, then it's a whole different matter. Ycon could say a lot about his spec which mostly goes for feral and then some balance. It's also a very interesting one.

Artia
23-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Isn't Ycon something like 14/32/5?

Ycon
23-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Isn't Ycon something like 14/32/5?

He is.

Basically 0/30/21 (or the variant 1/29/21 - add NG) has much more survivability for PvP but less DPS compared to 14/32/5. It typically boils down to "survive more and kill less" or "kill more and die more". In my experience the thing that makes a more DPS oriented spec like 14/32/5 a bit more trickier in PvP is that you have to be more aware of distance to players (if you ever want to get any heal off). This since you have no way to "correct" your mistakes with a NS + HT combo.

Karlsens
23-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Thank you for the feedback :)

Ill try some different specs now, and find out what i like best.

Thanks again!

Lothereon
23-08-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm that 1/29/21 spec Ycon listed, seems to work well enough in both PvP and endgame raiding atm anyway, Natures Swiftness is invaluable in almost any situation in my experenice.

beastrider
23-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Well, i've never been 30/21, and i've done a bit pvp as my druid, however i'd go for what Ycon said as NG will keep ALOT of damage off you at times, and it's only a 1 min cd :)

(Grinding i'd say 14/32/5 or 14/31/6.)

juna
23-08-2006, 01:36 PM
I was 1/29/21 for ages, and found it awesome for both PvP and PvE. I respecced 11/33/7 a couple of weeks ago because I wanted a change, but I definitely miss NS in PvP. It saved my life every BG, more or less; now I am mostly at the mercy of pallies and rejuvenation :(

LotP is cool, I love it, but those extra crits don't make as much difference as an instant full-heal. I don't miss NS so much in raiding, but that's because I don't heal much these days :D

Kathra
23-08-2006, 03:35 PM
i'd say look at your gear.

Both options are VERY viable for both pvp and pve, theres nothing better than being a rogue and having that extra crit on top of your very high crit chance, and it helps with the warriors keeping aggro i guess. Play around a bit, if you whore stamina and find that NS really isnt that big a deal for you, get LOTP to help you and your allies out. If you find that you are a very kamakaze-suicide brained Druid, get NS and sort yourself out an extra lifeline.

What annoyed me when i used to use my catform damage spec was the fact that i had no +heal and my instant HT was kind of feeble. But since i didnt compromise that extra +heal in exchange for my high attack power/agi, i could usually kill an opponent before needing NS, and made full use of bearform/frenzied regen for survivability in BG's. AB Games are usually very easy for ressing (GY's at every node) and that extra survivability is pointless when you ressurect with full health/mana a few seconds later, but jobs like flagrunning in WSG will be gimped utterly.

On a personal note, i'd say NS is more worth it, maybe thats because im a greedy/selfish bastard, but thats up to you ;P