View Full Version : Hows the new changes working out for you?

Ogrosh
27-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Title says it all really.

Personally I love it. My ability to deal damage for long periods of time has gone up massively thanks to the much cheaper cost of Lightning Bolt. Have managed to claw my way up the DPS tables in MC quite significantly.

The reduced cost of totems and extra duration is very nice and again helps greatly when healing.

I wouldn't say everything is perfect, eg. to do with totems, but it is a big step in the right direction. :)

What do you guys think?

Legendfierce
28-06-2006, 01:36 AM
Was abit gutted at first with the loss of dmg in chain lightning.

I think in pvp rogues/ hunters / warriors have become alot easier than before.

Pve wise i love it so much can do any boss fight without going OOM really nice :)

Cassina
28-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Flametongue weapon is actually useful now, and it crits - not sure if it's better than WF but it's definitely a nice improvement with +spell damage.

Elexin
28-06-2006, 09:16 AM
I'm actually not too thrilled with the resto changes. Some things are pretty good it just hasn't made some of the difference I hoped to see.

Healing Way is nice, but its awkward to use. In raids a tank will never have enough missing health to need healing waves in multiples so having increased healing on further waves doesnt help. Anyone else (excluding warlocks) normally doesnt need more than a full wave to heal them either.
Would be nice if maybe it needed HW to proc but then affected LHW too. Or other healing. Or... something :?
It can work rather well in small instances though if people trust you enough to believe that you're healing them while their health bar drops... and if other healers trust you, otherwise you just head for mountains of overheal :P

The fact that you can now cast healing spells other than lhw without them being interupted repeatedly is one of the better changes though :)

The fact totems don't cost as much to put down anymore is also nice, means the mana pool goes a lot further, and the fact they last longer is nice on top of that... however I find it immensely wierd that with all the totems they increased the duration on, mana spring still only lasts a minute...

I got that 10% reduction on elemental damage done to me too.
I can't work out if thats helped yet or is noticable or whether its a gimmick and not noticable at all ^^

Kabhanda
28-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Just use stupidly low ranks of healing wave....

Tarun
28-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Exactlly thats the point off the new talent. Jus like druids spam rank 4 healing touches over the whole fight, you can do the same but even better because off that talent. Instead of reacting on the situation when the MT has low health you need a few healers who constantly spam low rank heals so that at any given point the MT is healed pretty fast.

Uzgash
05-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Flametongue weapon is actually useful now, and it crits - not sure if it's better than WF but it's definitely a nice improvement with +spell damage.

I have done some testing of it now and I will probably be using Flametongue now instead of WF. My gear has no ap or str so WF is useless for me. I can grind at decent speed now with my resto specc using Flametongue Weapon, Lightning shield and Flametongue Totem. Throw in a Flame shock and they go down i no time.

I did some testing of Frostbrand Weapon as well. The proc rate seems to be about 25% and I had crits for 370 dmg (250 spelldmg). I would like to try it in pvp with a really fast dagger like claw of chromaggus :lol:

Ruargh
05-07-2006, 09:47 PM
i havent even spend my talents yet xD
why oh why did i drop my shaman 2 days before 1.11 :)

*starts thinking of a way to try the new talents...*

XeD
06-07-2006, 12:19 AM
i simply love it

my dmg has become more stable.. my manapool has never taken so long to get empty
i LOVE the new manaspring totem.. 225 mana per minute = (L)
i LOVE the 3% to hit talent.. byebye 8 resists in a row on bwl bosses

Cassina
07-07-2006, 10:57 AM
http://shamanreview.ytmnd.com/