View Full Version : so how is u build now :)

Trupiaczacha
23-06-2006, 03:15 PM
after few test etc... i make me this build as raiding... its mostly to benefit all raid and help to put better dmg from othere mages (imp scorch and winnters chill)

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/talents-mage1_11-0000000000000000550220023000005050312313010000503. html

and how are you builds... and sugestions on new mages buils :)

Alia
23-06-2006, 03:30 PM
http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/talents-mage1_11-2300500000000000000000000000005352312313310015003. html

Vhairi
23-06-2006, 03:52 PM
My build is pretty close to what it was pre 1.11.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?RZVgMzf0uZVir0obtb

The only changes are:
1) I now have imp scorch (and Pyro instead of iFS as BW pre-req)

2) I have dropped Ice Shards and opted to reduce my 3/3 imp CoC to get 2/3 precision, 2/3 frostbite, 2/3 iCoC.

Not had a chance to try it out in MC/BWL/Ony yet though but doubt it will be much different.

(I REALLY wanted Frost Chanelling for MC/BWL but just couldnt sacrifice anythign else)

Sebbs
23-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Im pretty sure this is what i have atm: http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?RZVgMzbcuZVVG0octb

Not 100% sure cba to login and check :p
I know that its not the best build and i regret putting points in impact and other stuff :O However, untill my guild leader decides on an instance spec ill have some phunz with shatter and blastwave :)

Thorbadin
23-06-2006, 05:01 PM
untill my guild leader decides on an instance spec

Too many ways to jest this so I'll just use /mock

Sebbs
23-06-2006, 05:09 PM

Dunno if that was nice or not, so ill just reply with a neutral emote :|

Thorbadin
23-06-2006, 06:06 PM

Could try this :

Your friend decides its a good idea to jump off a cliff, do you jump :?:

Sebbs
23-06-2006, 06:45 PM

Could try this :

Your friend decides its a good idea to jump off a cliff, do you jump :?:

Well, theres a difference yaknow. I want my guild to progress better and if that means I have to spec in a certain way then so be it. Also, if that story was about my friend and I then it would be me deciding to jump off the cliff and my friend would mock me at the hospital later :razz:

Alia
23-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Well, theres a difference yaknow. I want my guild to progress better and if that means I have to spec in a certain way then so be it.

:)

Trupiaczacha
23-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Well, theres a difference yaknow. I want my guild to progress better and if that means I have to spec in a certain way then so be it.

imposibel on horde :)

Teuregon
24-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Here´s my build, not all that different than my 1.10 build, but meh, loved that build before, so why change much? Frost 35 / Fire 16 (http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?kZVgM0bZViGcofpho)

Also, for the first time to actually have evocation and iae on Teur is very nice, somewhat strange but nice.

Chonar
24-06-2006, 12:34 PM

And if that mentality is the standard, I now see why only 1 horde guild has beaten Nef sofar.

Oogie
24-06-2006, 06:33 PM
I went with this. Im kinda liking the DPS though MC can be a little mare with the Fire Elementals etc.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?k0xEc0boZxg0zfcux

It makes a change from the more mana efficient CC Frost spec.

Any suggestions/criticisms will be taken in a constructive way.

Egz
24-06-2006, 09:54 PM
http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?Rf0y0oMZxgbzfzut0h

Like it alot so far, actually so much that i convinced Ezo (Mr. Frostie) to respec to almost the same...

Got the high dmg from fire, and with Clearcast, MoE, Magic Arbosbation and Arcane Meditation it's easy to keep ur mana up.

Edited with the right build :P

Sebbs
24-06-2006, 10:07 PM

I have no idea what raidgroup or guild you'r in but are actually saying you bring, say shadow priests or balance druids to your raids? Seriously man get a grip! It's the way my guild work and so far so good. Suggestion: get off my back!

Edit: Yes, there is a huge difference between mages, and priests and druids, just hope you get my drift.

Edit2: Egz I'm sure thats not the build you'r refering to, because a 0/19/32 build don't quite fit to the description you made, or it's my explorer acting up. :cry:

Egz
24-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Yay! KEEEEL em Sebby :D

Vhairi
24-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Well... we bring shadow priests/balance druids etc. if that is how they want to spec. OK MC is pretty easy but 3.5 hour clears is not too shabby.

Sebbs
24-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Well... we bring shadow priests/balance druids etc. if that is how they want to spec. OK MC is pretty easy but 3.5 hour clears is not too shabby.

I'm sure that works in MC, however, a shadowpriest using Mind Blast in aggro sensitive fights in BWL is bound to draw aggro. So in that way you'r argument fails.

Jethrotull
24-06-2006, 10:56 PM
http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/talents-mage1_11-0000000000000005050000020000005352312310310025003. html

We have 2 mages with Winter's Chill so I decided to get some imp blizzard etc. for the neffy encounter.

The 12 fire is mainly for naxx or to shoot fire-weak mobs in BWL.

The only downside I found so far is the reduced uptime compared to an arcane/frost build.

Trupiaczacha
24-06-2006, 11:00 PM
We have 2 mages with Winter's Chill so I decided to get some imp blizzard etc. for the neffy encounter.

hmmm i dont knwo why but all aliance do it so :P we just nuke singel target them... noone die we ahve planty of free tiem mostly.. w8 for they... :) dunno rly

Jethrotull
24-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Perhaps, we're still learning and occasional runners are easier brought back safely when they move slowly :)

When we get him on farm I'll drop it probably ;)

Corruption
24-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Its not really necessary, it just helps a lot s'all.

Sebbs
24-06-2006, 11:13 PM

I'm not sure that blizzard can crit, or perhapes that isn't your point.

Edit: I need to Lrn2quote :(

Corruption
24-06-2006, 11:17 PM
He means other mages have Winters Chill so there is no need for him to get it as it stacks quickly enough with 2 or so chain casting on mobs, and got Improved Blizzard to help with Nefarian Phase 1 :P

Sebbs
24-06-2006, 11:20 PM
He means other mages have Winters Chill so there is no need for him to get it as it stacks quickly enough with 2 or so chain casting on mobs, and got Improved Blizzard to help with Nefarian Phase 1 :P

I "kinda" tought that aswell, but I wasn't 100% sure. However, Imp Blizzard is great for Neff encounter especially when you'r learning it.

Trupiaczacha
24-06-2006, 11:29 PM

I "kinda" tought that aswell, but I wasn't 100% sure. However, Imp Blizzard is great for Neff encounter especially when you'r learning it.

damn we lern it all time singel target... form begining we do so.... hmmm we must be wirde :(

Sebbs
24-06-2006, 11:44 PM

damn we lern it all time singel target... form begining we do so.... hmmm we must be wirde :(

Not at all, there's bucketloads of guilds doing single target I'm sure, you just have to understand that not all guilds do things the same way. Some single target, some AoE, some have forced speccs, some don't.

Asura
25-06-2006, 12:13 AM
(...) some have forced speccs, some don't.

I'm pretty sure we all understand that's the way it works for some guilds/people. And if you can live with that, presumably because you're 110% pve/raid minded, then by all means go ahead!

Difference just is that I personally wouldn't respec to another build because it would improve my personal efficiency by 5% in a raid. Help the raid and do your job yes, but there's a boundary to it for me. WoW doesn't consist of raiding alone, hence I want a build I can live with it 'round the clock. Edit: And imho it also gives you an "identity" if you wish. Instead of being the 20349th copy of some "perfect" build.

And I might add that's probably a consequence of being somewhat more pvp minded (especially lately). Well that and having been criticised for a fire build during the mc era (HAI HEPH!!11).

Jethrotull
25-06-2006, 12:28 AM
He means other mages have Winters Chill so there is no need for him to get it as it stacks quickly enough with 2 or so chain casting on mobs, and got Improved Blizzard to help with Nefarian Phase 1

Ye that was my point.

Since we have a few mages in the raid who spend most of their online time raiding we talked things over a bit and more or less agreed on these speccs. There are no forced speccs but if you have a few points to spare you might as well do something that benefits the raid a bit ;)

Sebbs
25-06-2006, 12:39 AM
(...) some have forced speccs, some don't.

I'm pretty sure we all understand

You, and some other, but not "all" it seems.

that's the way it works for some guilds/people. And if you can live with that, presumably because you're 110% pve/raid minded, then by all means go ahead!

My point exactly, I shouldn't have to take glares and crap posts and then try to defend my point of veiw. I love raiding, thats mostly why I play wow, sure PvP is fun and it's a cool twist but in the end I still prefer raiding.

Oh, and perhapes forced speccs was a bit hard, let me rephrase, we have core talents which all must have, what we do with the rest is 100% our own busyness.

Since we have a few mages in the raid who spend most of their online time raiding we talked things over a bit and more or less agreed on these speccs. There are no forced speccs but if you have a few points to spare you might as well do something that benefits the raid a bit :wink:

Pretty much like that, only difference is that it was our mage class leader that decided for us.

Cassina
25-06-2006, 03:01 AM
I killed a mage tonight in WSG - is there a bug in your "talent review"?

Asura
25-06-2006, 10:05 AM
I killed a mage tonight in WSG - is there a bug in your "talent review"?

LOLOL RNK 1 FROSTBOLT > WARR... Never mind. But, seriously, what did you expect? We didn't get a pvp review. If you would've paid actual attention, you might have noticed that. This unlike shamans, who totally needed it btw!

Chonar
25-06-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm pretty sure we all understand that's the way it works for some guilds/people. And if you can live with that, presumably because you're 110% pve/raid minded, then by all means go ahead!

Defiance rocks for PVP. Who needs piercing howl when you can piss off Hordies for an increased 15 percent?

Vhairi
27-06-2006, 03:18 PM
LOLOL RNK 1 FROSTBOLT > WARR... Never mind. But, seriously, what did you expect? We didn't get a pvp review. If you would've paid actual attention, you might have noticed that. This unlike shamans, who totally needed it btw!
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-pvp&t=546108&p=1&tmp=1#post546108

Reading that I think we got 100% more damage, new abilities, spammable Ice Block etc etc. I was 0/24/27 before 1.11 and still am post 1.11, I gained iAE (which I keep forgetting about... :oops:), Evoc and 10% frostbite (2/3), and went from +35% iCoC to +25%.

PvE wise I got a wee boost but PvP? pfffft.

Can someone point me to these new uber abilities please?

Oh, and nerf you Asura! :razz:

Ashborn
27-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Shatter working on fire is a somewhat major boost for you :P

Vhairi
27-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Shatter working on fire is a somewhat major boost for you :P
Yes it is a nice bonus although I have seen shatter break on the 1st damage spell quite a lot. Also fear, scatter shot, shout, purge/dispel, silence etc. can all make Nova/Shatter combo a bit of a gamble. However, when it doesn't break it is quite sweet. :) (or frostbite of course, kinda wishing I had gone 3/3 on that instead of 2/3 but would have had to lose 1 point in elemental precision for raiding)

However, dont forget we need to get close to use it, and against Amaia's group (or a zerg group) you dont live long once you get that close. (well I don't anyway ;))

V

Jethrotull
27-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Well basicly any mage can still be the same mage he was before with a few buffs here and there (IAE and Evo are the most important). Imho the frost tree got a major boost where the fire tree didn't really improve, but was made more compatible with the frost tree through shatter. Also the Ice barrier is really nice, even though it can still be dispelled.

And surely we need to be close to use frostnova, but priests need to be close to fear us as well. And besides in 1.10 it wasn't any better. Surely we got a buff that mainly applies to PvE but I can now actually win from priests and warlocks with my 39frost/12fire build. And those were the classes that were really troublesome all-round for me.
Nerf Deathcoil!!!

Illuminati
27-06-2006, 06:17 PM
My new build : http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?kZxgMzf0zZVAMcoft

It's focused on pve, though gives me a decent chance against all classes in pvp as well due to shatter and ice block+cold snap.
Hard choice between ice barrier and pyro/blastwave, but I'll go with it for now :P

As for frost nova breaking on the first spell, simply follow up with a quick fireblast at impact and you won't be cheated of that cozy shatter feeling.

All in all, 1.11 was a dream patch pve-wise and I dare say we're not suffering in pvp either.
Unless you have bright, glowing shoulders of ultimate gankeage.

Trupiaczacha
27-06-2006, 10:07 PM
All in all, 1.11 was a dream patch pve-wise and I dare say we're not suffering in pvp either.
Unless you have bright, glowing shoulders of ultimate gankeage.

indd in ove its great buff but in pvp its to buff... just u need chegen u play style... no in good build for pvp u can kill all even locks... only u need lock ... but welll luck need all classes to kill soemone in pvp...

u cant say mages didnt get pvp buff we did u must see it and get use to not using Fireball or Frostbolt in pvp anymore... and u will see whot i mean...ofc to enter a battel u use 1 but then u start using other spells that get buffed like hell if u use them corect

Solkaner
27-06-2006, 10:22 PM
I have no idea what raidgroup or guild you'r in but are actually saying you bring, say shadow priests or balance druids to your raids? Seriously man get a grip!

Mmmm. You have no idea how much I loved reading that.

...Yes we have balance druids. Or well, one.

Thrane
27-06-2006, 10:33 PM
I have no idea what raidgroup or guild you'r in but are actually saying you bring, say shadow priests or balance druids to your raids? Seriously man get a grip!

Mmmm. You have no idea how much I loved reading that.

...Yes we have balance druids. Or well, one.

It's also very dangerous to let a pvp specced warrior tank *nods*

ber
27-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Difference just is that I personally wouldn't respec to another build because it would improve my personal efficiency by 5% in a raid. Help the raid and do your job yes, but there's a boundary to it for me.

Mages, hear the man out and break that leash around your neck!

we got a buff that mainly applies to PvE but I can now actually win from priests and warlocks with my 39frost/12fire build.

Lies! ..Well, maybe priests.

P.S. I see that warlocks are taking over this magethread. 8)

P.P.S. (a.k.a. edit) Seems like warriors are joining the hijacking, hai2u Thrane!

Tookyboy
01-07-2006, 01:53 AM
My mages build http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=RZEx0zf0uxqhM0s0t.

I would of liked Combustion but Ice Block has saved me quite alot in pvp and pve so i took that instead.

Trupiaczacha
01-07-2006, 03:40 AM
My mages build http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=RZEx0zf0uxqhM0s0t.

one of wireds build i see :P hmm i wonder how it work for you in pve ? and in pvp to :O ?

Lotusate
06-07-2006, 08:43 AM
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=kZxgMzbsuxbuGco0t

Ice block and blastwave ftw

On the forced build subject....id tell em to fuck off but thats just me :?

Faylin
06-07-2006, 08:57 AM

I'm sure that works in MC, however, a shadowpriest using Mind Blast in aggro sensitive fights in BWL is bound to draw aggro. So in that way you'r argument fails.

You have no clue, do you?

You don't use mindblast in BWL, or any raiding environment, you use mindflay. (except maybe when killing mages at razor)
Also, ever checked the priest trees? Have you seen how many talents a priest has for aggro reduction? Aggro is among the last thing a shadowpriest has to worry about. It's more the mana that is the problem.

Also, if you weant to miss a 15% shadow debuff that you get with a shadowpriest in a raid, that's your problem, but don't tell others there's something wrong if they have some non-cookie cutter specs in their raid.

Chonar
06-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Also, if you weant to miss a 15% shadow debuff that you get with a shadowpriest in a raid, that's your problem, but don't tell others there's something wrong if they have some non-cookie cutter specs in their raid.

Exactly. The succes CoI has had until now comes from, for a large part, of never enforcing "safe, low aggro, cookie cutter" specs to our DPS classes. We live dangerously, learn to adapt, and reap the benefits as a result.

Trupiaczacha
06-07-2006, 10:02 AM
u heals are more importen for raid as u dmg... u dmg rly donr change nothing on bosses... but u heals can save MT from die or others... but thats only me opinion

Chonar
06-07-2006, 10:04 AM
u heals are more importen for raid as u dmg... u dmg rly donr change nothing on bosses... but u heals can save MT from die or others... but thats only me opinion

Two words.

Mad Lightwells.

Trupiaczacha
06-07-2006, 10:07 AM

Two words.

Mad Lightwells.

hehehe :P anyone use this :P i saw it once in org :P and never more :D

Ashborn
06-07-2006, 10:08 AM
We used one as a marker for Ouro positioning practice!

Chonar
06-07-2006, 10:12 AM

Incoming sweep! Knockbacked by Lightwell!

We shoulda so screenie'd that.

Khalam
06-07-2006, 10:15 AM

But then it ran out. : (

Chonar
06-07-2006, 10:23 AM

But then it ran out. : (

Stand still and let me smack you in the face with my shield.

Teuregon
06-07-2006, 10:30 AM
*Somewhat off-topic*
Always enjoyed being in a guild that doesn´t force me to spec one way or the other. While elementalist wasn´t all that effective in the start vs onyxia and in MC, it was a lot of fun, especially trying not go oom all the time :).

Anyway, can other classes stop abusing this thread? It feels sad.

Ashborn
06-07-2006, 10:32 AM
But but thread abuse is a favorite hobby of mine :(

Faylin
06-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Anyway, can other classes stop abusing this thread? It feels sad.

But.. but.. but.. I switched main from shadowpriest to mage..soo.soo..

/cries in corner

OK, back on topic then, my 1.11 build:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=RZxgRzf0uxVA0codz

Fire as main source of dmg, but also the dmg-talents from frost, for flexability. I'll probably run OOM, but well as a former shadowpriest, I'm used to that ;)

Trupiaczacha
06-07-2006, 12:06 PM
*Somewhat off-topic*
Always enjoyed being in a guild that doesn´t force me to spec one way or the other.

exacly same we have :) but now is more and more way for a good build.... hard to worc a perfect one :)

atm i http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/talents-mage1_11-2050400000300000000000000000005050312313010000553. html

Fithvael
06-07-2006, 12:49 PM
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=RZVxG0cZVqr0obtAo is what I'm hoping to go, I'm currently (Level 32) going through the Frost tree with full Elemental Precision though as it makes levelling a lot better.
It's purely a PvP spec which focusing on mainly frost with Scorch's thrown in.

Trupiaczacha
23-08-2006, 08:31 AM
well i didnt like fire os mush but now when we raid nax
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=Rf0E00MZxgM0fcht0h
this is hell fun ! hit for 1.9 whit 5 debuffs (imp scorch) CoE form "frendly" locks :wink: and rolling whit Asura (only 2 fire mages we have) make it VERY funny :)
if u want some fun rly this is the win :) been for 2 weeks so and its great :)

Biscitt
23-08-2006, 01:04 PM
A nice build Trupi, many use it now...

Think we got 5-6 firemages and 2 frostmages (who'll probably spec fire later) in Original now. We're just told to "do damage", spec is up to us. Rolling ignites and general mob burning FTW :D

Lothereon
23-08-2006, 01:35 PM
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=RZxgMzbcuZbAG0obth

Can't moan at when I play it

Ipslore
23-08-2006, 03:55 PM
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=Rf0VZEgMzfcut0h Fairly basic, might pull the 5 from impact into magic absorption in the future but at the moment pretty happy with it :D .

calhoun
28-09-2006, 08:56 AM
this is hell fun ! hit for 1.9 whit 5 debuffs (imp scorch) CoE form "frendly" locks and rolling whit Asura (only 2 fire mages we have) make it VERY funny
if u want some fun rly this is the win been for 2 weeks so and its great

We have 3 :(

Trupiaczacha
28-09-2006, 11:09 AM
this is hell fun ! hit for 1.9 whit 5 debuffs (imp scorch) CoE form "frendly" locks and rolling whit Asura (only 2 fire mages we have) make it VERY funny
if u want some fun rly this is the win been for 2 weeks so and its great

We have 3 :(

yeah :) its hard to put you in to dark side :P but more will come... ! they will come ! :twisted: