View Full Version : Best set bonus (tier3).

Tidem
01-06-2006, 09:55 PM
http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/items-22496-frostfire-robe.html

Check the Set 4 part bonus.. Best ever!

(Even though it's probably higher, it made me laugh :( )

Fizzletips
03-06-2006, 03:39 AM
gonna be 35

Senex
03-06-2006, 05:54 AM
Handy against Moonfire spammers, I guess.

Ashborn
04-06-2006, 08:53 AM
WTF, why do mages get spell penetration on tier 3 and warlocks don't?

Asura
04-06-2006, 12:25 PM

The end of lock love kk? xP

Trupiaczacha
04-06-2006, 06:30 PM

bec we are caster dps for raids k? =P

Ashborn
04-06-2006, 07:18 PM

bec we are caster dps for raids k? =P
Wot? Spell penetration does fuck-all for raid dps, 'cept perhaps for some very specific encounters.

Elandar
04-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Well, it's kinda nice for BWL though.

Trupiaczacha
04-06-2006, 11:05 PM
Well, it's kinda nice for BWL though.

idd :)

Solkaner
07-06-2006, 01:05 AM
Neh. +Hit will always be better in PvE-raids. Unless you hit 17 +hit, doubt many people actually did that though. But even then -resistance would hardly increase your overall damage output.

Zulamun
07-06-2006, 01:32 AM

The end of lock love kk? xP

Worry more about the looks ashen.. that set'd pwn in pvp just because horde will be rofling when they see ally with it xD

Trupiaczacha
07-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Neh. +Hit will always be better in PvE-raids. Unless you hit 17 +hit, doubt many people actually did that though. But even then -resistance would hardly increase your overall damage output.

yeah in 1.11 mages will have +10% so - resistance will be nice to have to :)

Jethrotull
07-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Well like I said in another thread, for firemages -spellresist is probably better and for frost mages +hit is probable better (if you have to choose). Due to the fact frostspells are binary, and from what I can tell will still be binary in 1.11.

All in all I'm not even that impressed with the new tier3 set, just like I wasn't impressed with arcanist or netherwind. Nice raiding-sets with some decent stats, but the +dmg on it is just not worth it. +dmg is key, and imho the most important stat for mages. For both PvE and PvP.
I'll be looking forward to crossclass-gear with good dmg output :)

Ashborn
07-06-2006, 02:47 PM
.........................................__....... ..............................................
................................,-~*`—lllllll`*~,............................ ...................
..........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll—`*-,.......................................
.....................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,...................................
................,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\....................................
...............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\............................ ......
...............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/..........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,..............................
................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,(.(—`*,`,...............................
.................\llllllllllll,-~*.........................)_-\..*`*;..)...........................
..................\,-*`—,*`)..............,-~*`~................./.............................
...................|/.../.../~,.......-~*,-~*`;................../.\...........................
................../.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*.................*...\................. ..........
.................|.../.../.../.*`...\..............................)....)†`~,...................
.................|./.../..../........).......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,...............
................././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|...........—```*~-,,,,
................(...........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../...../.../...........\............
..................*-,........`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*........|.,*...,*...|..............\...........
.....................*,.........`-,...)-,................,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.........
......................f`-,..........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,............\.......

Kabhanda
07-06-2006, 02:48 PM
With the length of most end game fights, the need for 0 resists during the sometimes short windows you can actually do damage, and the often massive random damage anyone can take +hit, mana/5 and stamina are actually very important.

Saying otherwise means a) you have no experience of current endgame , b) you are retarded, c) both of the above.

What matters for a dps class is doing sustained damage when its needed, not doing one spell for 7,000 damage, then running out of mana, and then dying to a 6k random boss attack because you have no stamina.

Solkaner
07-06-2006, 03:14 PM
It's only useful on high resistant enemies. And even then it's nearly nothing. On everything else +Hit is the way to go.

Hephaestos
07-06-2006, 03:21 PM
boohoo our set bonusi suck...

realise warlocks have a 5pc set bonus on both T1 and T2 that only has any use for SL warlocks? and SL aint the thing your looking for in a pure raid pve spec.

not to mention our T3 mana saver. full felheart bonus beats full plagueheart bonus :')

Jethrotull
07-06-2006, 03:52 PM
With the length of most end game fights, the need for 0 resists during the sometimes short windows you can actually do damage, and the often massive random damage anyone can take +hit, mana/5 and stamina are actually very important.

Saying otherwise means a) you have no experience of current endgame , b) you are retarded, c) both of the above.

What matters for a dps class is doing sustained damage when its needed, not doing one spell for 7,000 damage, then running out of mana, and then dying to a 6k random boss attack because you have no stamina.

Well I havent seen much of AQ, but in BWL I really prefer more dmg. there are encounters where you have to hide a lot, the short amount of time I do have to cast some spells (e.g. chromaggus) I would like them to do some damage. It doesnt matter if I crit 7k dmg once per 20 seconds or do 7 1k bolts in the same time, as long as the tank has enough buffer built up. Sustained dps is only useful when I'm shooting/casting non-stop (broodlord for instance) but arcane missiles solve that, and maybe a 10second break.
As for stamina, mana/5sec no doubt those help as well, but I find it hard to get some really noticable difference in health from stamina items. I prefer using damage absorb potions for that. and as long as I still have mana at the end of the fight I don't see the need to get more regen really.

But then again I haven't seen much of aq-40, encounters might be different there.

Ashborn
07-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Current end-game = C'thun and Ouro. You will need sta on those.

Jethrotull
07-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Hehe, I haven't seen those yet :P

vattghern
07-06-2006, 04:02 PM
is it me or 1 7k crit >>> 7 1k hits aggrowise

Jethrotull
07-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Not to my knowledge.

7k at once gives the same amount of threat 7x 1k would give, but the tank has to have enough threat built up to have a buffer, otherwise you'll steal aggro. Bigger crits can lead to aggro quickly, but that's mainly because you're building up a lot of threat in a small amount of time (and the tank can't keep up).

Trupiaczacha
07-06-2006, 04:25 PM

exacly... many ppl dont know whot gear mage must have for endgame raiding...

mc is only pure nuking so +dmg is ok but when u enter BWL aq40 and rpob nex u need to have balance gear whit good + dmg ~500 will be good soem mana/5 and stamina inte...

tire3 have best set bonus from all and act they are VERY good... who care that this set dont work in pvp ? and anyway its a pve set ! learn it alrady !

vattghern
08-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Not to my knowledge.

7k at once gives the same amount of threat 7x 1k would give, but the tank has to have enough threat built up to have a buffer, otherwise you'll steal aggro. Bigger crits can lead to aggro quickly, but that's mainly because you're building up a lot of threat in a small amount of time (and the tank can't keep up).

ok i must have misread you then. Still i'd rather keep high dps than do few imbanukes and wait what happens ;)