View Full Version : Tank warriors running around with epic 2Hs

Schwonky
01-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Has anyone else noticed that there is a large number of warriors on the server that run around in Wrath and Might gear with a Spinal Reaper or Drake Talon Cleaver or whatever?

I never understand that... to look cool, it might be ok. But for DPS that gear sucks balls. Lots of warriors (horde and alliance) run around with Pauldrons of Might in BGs. Valor shoulders do better DPS than them.

I think some warriors (tanks in many established guilds) think that cos it is purple "it must be great for doin damage".

Don't get me wrong. This kind of gear is truly great for tanking. I just see it as a total waste when I see warriors grinding with a Helm of Wrath. There are LOTS of blues with better DPS.

Cassina
01-06-2006, 12:56 PM
It wouldn't be too bad for an MS warrior, they would have a crap crit rate but at least their attack power would be good because tank gear has loads of strength.

These shoulders are better than wearing Valor though until Drake Talon or AQ40: http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=20683

530 Armor
+13 Strength
+13 Agility
+13 Stamina
1% Chance to Hit

Schwonky
01-06-2006, 01:04 PM
they would have a crap crit rate but at least their attack power would be good because tank gear has loads of strength.

Yeah but for DPS, crit > attack power. Obviously this doesn't apply if you have a huge crit rate that hits for 75 HPs. There is an optimum balance between attack power and crit. But once you reach the "cut-off" for attack power, pile on the agility and +crit gear to do some serious damage (and grind a LOT faster when soloing).

All warriors should have good tank gear and DPS gear regardless of their spec.

Faylin
01-06-2006, 01:39 PM
One of our tanks has a Drake Talon Cleaver (I think) but we were never able to convince him that he would need to go for some DPS gear aswell to do some decent damage. Still beats me :)

Chonar
01-06-2006, 01:39 PM
You're forgetting to take an important matter into the equation.

If (All Dmg Warriors Have Same or Better)
Then (Give to Retri palas and Prot Warriors)
Else (Hunter Weapon Lol)

This situation occurs a lot in the bigger guilds. :)

Faylin
01-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Also that yes. there's more big 2H weapons then there's people that can make good use of em in raiding guilds, usually.

Jarelan
01-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Has anyone else noticed that there is a large number of warriors on the server that run around in Wrath and Might gear with a Spinal Reaper or Drake Talon Cleaver or whatever?

I never understand that... to look cool, it might be ok. But for DPS that gear sucks balls. Lots of warriors (horde and alliance) run around with Pauldrons of Might in BGs. Valor shoulders do better DPS than them.

I think some warriors (tanks in many established guilds) think that cos it is purple "it must be great for doin damage".

Don't get me wrong. This kind of gear is truly great for tanking. I just see it as a total waste when I see warriors grinding with a Helm of Wrath. There are LOTS of blues with better DPS.

I run around in Might and Wrath with my UTB because it looks cool :P, when grinding I use my PvP type gear with 26% crit rate in berserker. Unfortunately I have to run around with Might shoulders and Might boots as I've not got any better yet, and the str on them gives a nicer atk power.
Still waiting for Drake Talon and Chromatic boots to drop...oh and Helm of Endless rage.

Just because there's better doesn't mean we all have them.

Hephaestos
01-06-2006, 03:35 PM
You're forgetting to take an important matter into the equation.

while (true) {
If (!All Dmg Warriors Have Same or Better) { giefWarrior(); splut();}
Else if (All Dmg Warriors Have Same or Better) { giefWannabeWarrior();splut(); }
Else if (weapon == dagger || weapon == sword) { giefWarlocks(); equipFirestone(); meleePwn(); }
Else if (weapon == crap) { lolHunterWepon(); }
}
This situation occurs a lot in the bigger guilds. :)

Edited for code correctness and performance tuned (to avoid hour long conversation on why a warlock shouldnt have dragonfang dagger thingy f/e)

Chonar
01-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Whut @ splut? o_O

Schwonky
01-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Unfortunately I have to run around with Might shoulders and Might boots as I've not got any better yet, and the str on them gives a nicer atk power.

Hmmm...

Might shoulders = 30 Attack Power + 0% Crit.
Valor shoulders = 22 Attack power + 0.45% Crit.
Bloodsoaked Pauldrons = 32 Attack Power + 0.55% Crit.

I would pick either blues over the Might shoulders...

This is assuming you have a pair of either of the blues ;-P

Taurusos
01-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Discussion of what plate to pick on that list can only be somehow logical after knowing Jarelan´s entire EQ.

If he has lots of other good items with AP/crit/hit, then most reasonable would be to maybe go for Might cuz of high AP and Sta. For survival.

Yet again, I repeat, one can only dismiss using the Might once knowing the rest of this kickass gnome warrior´s EQ.

;)

/Tau

Schwonky
01-06-2006, 04:07 PM
I am not denying that Jarelan is a good warrior (I don't know the guy), I am sure he is great if he has all that gear etc.

Also, I am not just talking about him. I see LOTS of warriors - horde and alliance wearing purple - just cos it is purple. In PvP, of course having stamina is important as well as +crit and +attack power. For example I use Might bracers in PvP with +9 stam enchant for +32 stamina from one item instead of using my DPS bracers which only have 13 Stam. Even though the attack power on the Might bracers is crap.

But for grinding, stamina is less important (Heavy rune cloth bandage every 3-4 fights in Tyr's hand or whatever). And almost every warrior has Spaulders of Valor unless they vendored/DEed them.

Azy
01-06-2006, 04:12 PM
I used Might shoulders just for the looks, even though I had better :P

Azy
01-06-2006, 04:13 PM
As you can see on my sig btw

Hephaestos
01-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Whut @ splut? o_O

public pwn splut () {
if (opponentHealth => 6000 {
opponentHealth = opponentHealth/4;
}
else {
opponentHealth = 0;
}
}

Jarelan
01-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Unfortunately I have to run around with Might shoulders and Might boots as I've not got any better yet, and the str on them gives a nicer atk power.

Hmmm...

Might shoulders = 30 Attack Power + 0% Crit.
Valor shoulders = 22 Attack power + 0.45% Crit.
Bloodsoaked Pauldrons = 32 Attack Power + 0.55% Crit.

I would pick either blues over the Might shoulders...

This is assuming you have a pair of either of the blues ;-P

I don't have either blues. My gear is in my signature.

Alakhai
02-06-2006, 07:18 AM
i also mainly run around in my tankygear + 2h when i'm in places like IF simply cause it looks nice. I have a very nice set of DPS gear (1240 AP selfbuffed, 26% crit etc)
But it makes me look like something from the prideparade so i only wear it when it's actually needed

AnteroVipune
02-06-2006, 07:22 AM
Or when you take part in the prideparade.

Jarelan
02-06-2006, 08:13 AM
i also mainly run around in my tankygear + 2h when i'm in places like IF simply cause it looks nice. I have a very nice set of DPS gear (1240 AP selfbuffed, 26% crit etc)
But it makes me look like something from the prideparade so i only wear it when it's actually needed

Haha so true :) Thrane looks like he got dressed in the dark!

Harshak
02-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Thrane looks like someone who was beaten repeatedly with an ugly-stick

Cassina
02-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Actually I like the look of DPS gear even though most of it is pink, it says "don't mess with me" kinda thing.
Although, most caster laugh at us anyway. :evil:

AnteroVipune
02-06-2006, 08:59 AM
No.
It says: "iiiiih Im a happy little rainbow....iiiiih"

Azy
02-06-2006, 02:22 PM
You all lie

Locowar
03-06-2006, 10:02 AM
DPS gear makes you look like a clown:/

AnteroVipune
03-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Funny. Tank gear makes Azy look like a clown too.

Ogg
03-06-2006, 10:14 AM
If I hear any lawnmower racism, and I do mean any, then you guys are soooo dead.

Locowar
03-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Whatcha gonna do about it? tank me to death?
:P

Ogg
03-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Yeah, that's the plan.