View Full Version : 2h fury vs MS

Thirteen
30-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Hi fellas, I'm afraid ive been doing some thinking again.
At the moment im using an MS build with the untamed blade, but ive been thinking about giving a 2h fury build a shot. I'm really curious though, what are the benefits of 2h fury over an MS build and vice versa?

Velkraith
30-05-2006, 08:47 AM
this is from my basic 2h fury knowledge (normally duel wield).

basiclly from what ive noticed 2h fury is normally better for axes/maces... why? cos sword spec is still amazingly good.

flurry is amazing for speeding up ur weapon and if uve got ~25 - 30 crit then flurry is procced pritty much all the time giving you a very nice fast hard hitting weapon.

as well as this imp.battleshout really gets ur AP.. with the new rank i get 290AP from battleshout, which can make a big difference.

other than this there isnt a big difference, deathwish is nice for 30seconds of high dmg.

id prolly say bloodthirst scales better with overall better gear than MS does but both are pritty close together.

if ur getting a bit of a prot build then u will miss tactical mastery for pvp, however if ur going for all out dmg then u wont miss anything :D

basiclly good talents to get are cruelty, imp.battleshout, flurry, imp.berk rage(10rage extra every 30seconds is always nice, shame i dont have it =( ), bloodthirst. other than this its basiclly wateva u fancy, UW prolly wudnt be that usefull for you, so booming voice might be handy, imp. cleave is quite nice when uve got lots of spare rage.

hope that helps.

Alia
30-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Cassina posted few links about 2h fury warriors.

Jarelan
30-05-2006, 09:24 AM
I was pondering the same thing Thirteen, never tried Fury but now I have a chromatically tempered sword been thinking about it.

Cassina
30-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Cassina posted few links about 2h fury warriors.

Don't know an awful lot about 2H fury to be honest, been DW most of my time at 60.
I'd guess you'd want an Untamed Blade with 2H weapon spec in Arms with impale then down to Bloodthirst (if that's even possible, never checked).

Lothereon
30-05-2006, 11:11 AM
From what minimal testing I manged on Defias with my Warrior I found out that using Destiny (2.8 Speed Weapon) meant that if I threw in a hamstring/pummel I could get all the healing benifits of the Bloodlust while still getting the big hits with my weapon. I wasn't getting vasts amounts of rage however I was getting just enough to cast Bloodlust every 6 seconds.

Gwynin
30-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Get the sword from raggy instead of untamed, its in all ways better imo :)

Its a hell lot uglier tho :(

Taurusos
30-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Get the sword from raggy instead of untamed, its in all ways better imo :)

Its a hell lot uglier tho :(

In what ways better?

With untamed, what u are looking for as a 2h fury war:

UTB proc, bloodthirst combo. Add deathwish (and maybe a lucky crusader proc) to it.

Binds when picked up
Two-Hand Sword
192 - 289 Damage Speed 3.40
(70.7 damage per second)
+22 Agility
+16 Stamina
Durability 120 / 120
Requires Level 60
Chance on hit: Increases Strength by 300 for 8 sec.

Bonereaver's Edge
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand Sword
206 - 310 Damage Speed 3.40
(75.9 damage per second)
+16 Stamina
Durability 120 / 120
Requires Level 60
Chance on hit: Your attacks ignore 700 of your enemies' armor for 10 sec.
Equip: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 1%.

Fury: mostly about AP.
Now tell me, which of these 2 swords is AP oriented?

/Tau

Cassina
30-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Aye, UTB is vastly superior for fury - the bloodthirst crits with that, deathwish and crusader proc would be insane.

Ogg
31-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Hi kzuhl

Crash
31-05-2006, 12:16 PM
I suppose I should put on my special commenting hat for this thread. Here we go.

The difference between MS and 2H Fury is that 2H Fury does more damage if you have over 20% crit and 800 AP. The most significant thing you'd lose when switching would be the Mortal Strike debuff which probably keeps MS spec as the preferred choice for PvP. And the weapon specs are nice.

Bye.

AnteroVipune
31-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Bonereavers Edge does procc alot tho and the armor ignoring effect makes a huge difference in damage.

Kabhanda
31-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Aye, the buffed bonereaver's is insane, quite frequent i have a triple stacked proc which on a fully sundered mob is 1-2% reduction most of the time, pure joy.

Khalam
31-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Aye, the buffed bonereaver's is insane, quite frequent i have a triple stacked proc which on a fully sundered mob is 1-2% reduction most of the time, pure joy.

then you get agro and get the raid shadowflamed

Kabhanda
31-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Which is why I wear an onyxia scale cloak and have lots of hp!