View Full Version : Druid T3 armor

Kaïn
19-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Anyone besides "resto" druids happy with it?

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/armorsets/

Like the looks of dreamwalker a lot, but would like the stats to say "damage by spells" aswell as healing......... :?

Khalam
19-05-2006, 11:16 AM

Like the looks of dreamwalker a lot, but would like the stats to say "damage by spells" aswell as healing......... :?

Because oomkins can do sick dps!

Seriously, what did you expect from a pve set?

Aredhel
19-05-2006, 11:38 AM
It's a raid set, thus it reflects the classes raid roles. Me like.

Lothereon
19-05-2006, 12:18 PM
:( O well, I still heal in raids, guess I might as well get the kit to be able to do it when I eventually get to this level (being Lv70 and cheating :) )

Ajial
19-05-2006, 12:35 PM
I like it, I'm glad it doesn't have +dmg otherwise that would remove points from other, more widly needed stats, such as +healing :)

Nivellen
19-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Riiiight, paladins did get +dmg on judgement though. Does that help 'em fulfill PvE better? I'm sure pure +healing would be better.

It's just a bit boring that Cenarion, Stormrage, Dreamwalker are all healing. Yeah, they are supposed to fulfill PvE. But maybe.. just maybe they could have been a bit of a hybrid set each. Like Cenarion pure healing, Stormrage healing/balance, Dreamwalker healing/feral. Just an idea.

Then again, there's the AQ40 set which is a well rounded PvPish set. Problem being, that the epic quest items required for these are also used by other classes where they're role gets fulfilled better in PvE with these same items. A druid getting AQ40 quest armor won't be adding much to the raid in terms of PvE healing, compared to a rogue getting deathdealer for dps in raids.

Kathra
19-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Riiiight, paladins did get +dmg on judgement though. Does that help 'em fulfill PvE better? I'm sure pure +healing would be better.

It's just a bit boring that Cenarion, Stormrage, Dreamwalker are all healing. Yeah, they are supposed to fulfill PvE. But maybe.. just maybe they could have been a bit of a hybrid set each. Like Cenarion pure healing, Stormrage healing/balance, Dreamwalker healing/feral. Just an idea.

Then again, there's the AQ40 set which is a well rounded PvPish set. Problem being, that the epic quest items required for these are also used by other classes where they're role gets fulfilled better in PvE with these same items. A druid getting AQ40 quest armor won't be adding much to the raid in terms of PvE healing, compared to a rogue getting deathdealer for dps in raids.

Genesis is a hybrid set and every other set should be too tbh.

zendog
24-05-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm a little unhappy with the set being another pure healer set. Why?
Well, it's all about progression; what new challenges the set prepares you for...

In MC you get Cenarion gear, which prepares you for the later bosses in MC and BWL (fire and shadow res, and +damage to spells). In BWL you get Stormrage gear, which is focused on +healing. This is useful for further instances (AQ40 and Naxxaramabopolis or whatever it's called). That's all well and good. I can understand the rationale behind that...

In Naxx, you get another +healing set. Now, Blizz have stated that Naxx will be the last new instance before the expansion pack. I therefore fail to see how more +healing gear will be helpful for further instances... If you can complete Naxx with Stormrage gear then what will the extra +heal be used for? Instance farming, now that the tier 3 stuff has made the instance too easy to be interesting any more? :?

Maybe it'll be useful for the low-level 60 instances that will appear in the expansion pack. We will see... Personally, I'd have thought that a true hybrid set would have been much better, in preparation for the expansion. As it is, the Naxx stuff seems to me to just be nice-looking ePeen material.

End of the day though, I do understand that resto druids will be very happy with it, while the balance and feral druids who raid will be somewhat ambivalent about it (nice set for raid healing, but not so good for their everyday druiding activities).

sara
24-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Well, it's all about progression; what new challenges the set prepares you for...

In MC you get Cenarion gear, which prepares you for the later bosses in MC and BWL (fire and shadow res, and +damage to spells). In BWL you get Stormrage gear, which is focused on +healing. This is useful for further instances (AQ40 and Naxxaramabopolis or whatever it's called). That's all well and good. I can understand the rationale behind that...

In Naxx, you get another +healing set. Now, Blizz have stated that Naxx will be the last new instance before the expansion pack. I therefore fail to see how more +healing gear will be helpful for further instances... If you can complete Naxx with Stormrage gear then what will the extra +heal be used for? Instance farming, now that the tier 3 stuff has made the instance too easy to be interesting any more? :?

Maybe it'll be useful for the low-level 60 instances that will appear in the expansion pack. We will see... Personally, I'd have thought that a true hybrid set would have been much better, in preparation for the expansion. As it is, the Naxx stuff seems to me to just be nice-looking ePeen material.

End of the day though, I do understand that resto druids will be very happy with it, while the balance and feral druids who raid will be somewhat ambivalent about it (nice set for raid healing, but not so good for their everyday druiding activities).

There are other druiding activities than healing? Begone! :D

Proterra
24-05-2006, 06:11 PM

There are other druiding activities than healing? Begone! :D

RES PLX. THX.

Kathra
24-05-2006, 09:15 PM

Why would they give it spelldamage?

Do you not realise how many ferals would be flooding the forums if they made the set viable for both healers AND oomkins?

Stick to off-set cloth and leather, beg warlocks and mages to let you bid your dkp on it or whatever. The ferals will too, most of us accept the fact that primary sets are used for the druids primary function - healing,

In Naxx, you get another +healing set. Now, Blizz have stated that Naxx will be the last new instance before the expansion pack. I therefore fail to see how more +healing gear will be helpful for further instances... If you can complete Naxx with Stormrage gear then what will the extra +heal be used for? Instance farming, now that the tier 3 stuff has made the instance too easy to be interesting any more? Confused

Look at it this way.

MC Provides you with a good amount of mana/spirit/+heal for taking down BWL.

BWL Provides you with a better amount of mana/spirit/+heal for taking down AQ/Naxx

Taking cenarion into Naxx seems a little risky to me, the encounters will be much harder and will naturally need a lot better gear per player

zendog
25-05-2006, 04:03 PM
RES PLX. THX.
:lol:

Taking cenarion into Naxx seems a little risky to me, the encounters will be much harder and will naturally need a lot better gear per player
I think you may have misread my post. I never said that you should take Cenarion into Naxx. In fact, I hope I wrote that you need Stormrage for Naxx (rereads my original post)...

In MC you get Cenarion gear, which prepares you for the later bosses in MC and BWL (fire and shadow res, and +damage to spells).
Maybe I should have explicitly said that +damage to spells also includes healing ;)

In BWL you get Stormrage gear, which is focused on +healing. This is useful for further instances (AQ40 and Naxxaramabopolis or whatever it's called).
My point is - as you also stated - in MC you collect Cenarion stuff to help with BWL, in BWL you collect Stormrage stuff to help with AQ/Naxx. There's a progression (the old Blizz progression of "collect set A to go to instance B, to collect set C to go to instance D" etc). We're in agreement there.

My point: Blizzard have stated that Naxx will be the last L60 instance before the expansion pack comes out. Therefore, there is no need to collect even more uber +heal stuff for another uber instance, because there won't be another uber L60 instance to collect stuff for!

... which is why I will personally be passing on any Dreamwalker stuff and instead will go for some imba feral or balance gear, for lots of fun in PvP and quick'n'easy levelling when the expansion arrives. Sorry if I was unclear in my original post.

Kathra
25-05-2006, 04:18 PM
My point: Blizzard have stated that Naxx will be the last L60 instance before the expansion pack comes out. Therefore, there is no need to collect even more uber +heal stuff for another uber instance, because there won't be another uber L60 instance to collect stuff for!

... which is why I will personally be passing on any Dreamwalker stuff and instead will go for some imba feral or balance gear, for lots of fun in PvP and quick'n'easy levelling when the expansion arrives. Sorry if I was unclear in my original post.

Well, think of it this way.

"PvP druids" will climb the PvP ladder for gear that suites pvp.

Raiders will raid for gear that suites raiding.

I guess the real saving grace is that you'll be a totally imba healer in the BG's in full dreamwalker ;D

Egminos
25-05-2006, 11:04 PM
i will of course bid on dreamwalker stuff, because it is a decent upgrade from my stormrage gear at the moment. Also, gear that drops in Instance A not only enables you to do your job in Instance B (where difficulty of B > A), but also helps you do your job in A better. I bet some Naxx fights will stress our skills and gear to the max, and every upgrade will be welcome.

zendog
26-05-2006, 09:40 AM
I suppose so... but for me, the fun of an instance wanes when it becomes farmable (and so we have to compensate by joking about on TS etc. ;)). Let's hope that Blizz have balanced it right! 8)

Chonar
26-05-2006, 09:48 AM
I am already in love with that 2-piece setbonus.

HoT me baby one more time.

Nivellen
26-05-2006, 10:12 PM

"Bastard, don't SWIFTMEND ME! You took off my HoT!"

Chonar
27-05-2006, 09:58 AM

"Bastard, don't SWIFTMEND ME! You took off my HoT!"

And now I'm all out of rage.
That makes me so... MAD!

Zulamun
27-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Moo