View Full Version : I hate threads like this

Cassina
16-05-2006, 09:11 AM
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=8329531&p=1&tmp=1#post8329531

I hope they realise that by nerfing warrior DPS they're slowing their own raid progress.
And what about encounters like Nef phase 1, where it is crucial that warriors cause more threat by DPSing than the mages etc?

takfiri
16-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Melee DPS = rogues. Get used to that;)

And you can always use a strat that _doesn't_ require warrs tank with dps alone in phase 1.

Faylin
16-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Doesn't the poster actually has a point? If a warrior that waaay more health and waaaay more armour outdamges a rogue by that far, isn't that kinda imba? I mean.. every class has (or should have) it's pro and contra's right?

On the other hand it's kinda childish to go whine on the warrior forum telling them they need a nerf, what kind of answer are you expected to get there?
Also.. is it that bad as the poster tries to prove? From my experience DPS warriors don't or shouldn't outdamage rogues, even though they can do some good dmg, or?

Cassina
16-05-2006, 09:37 AM
The fact is that fury warrior DPS does match or exceed rogue DPS when you get high end gear but we have no aggro-reducing abilities at all, unlike rogues, so if we get aggro we die very quickly - we have no escape methods either.
Some would say "easy! switch to a shield if you get aggro" but our DPS gear probably won't have any +def on it so we don't last long.
That's the trade-off.

Still find it weird to be whining about PvE DPS though, like I said if they want to nerf their own raid progress...

Thrane
16-05-2006, 09:58 AM
The fact that people are even thinking of nerfing warrior damage more are the ones that will in the end ruin WoW. Because nerf warrior damage too much and we can't solo a thing anymore. (I'm talking pve now) And do you really think a lot of warriors would stay with their character if they did? Granted...I would and I'd just spec prot since I don't want to waste all the time I've put in Thrane. That's where it still ends though.

How sad do you think it is to hear a warrior with a legendary say: "I never thought I'd see the day I can solo a lvl 60 elite giant." That's just sad imo.

If you moronic rogues (that's the idiots who are thinking of nerfing our damage) don't want to be outdps'd..... ask for a fucking boost in yer own damage.

Now... about that screeny. Recap has the annoying tendency to count healing among damage too. And....he doesn't even seem to have enough hit to be able to put out that damage.

Anyway.... I've whined enough about warrior nerfs in my wow life and I'm not going to bother anymore. If they nerf us more I'll spec prot and Thrane will forever be set at an instance entrance.

takfiri
16-05-2006, 02:20 PM
If you moronic rogues (that's the idiots who are thinking of nerfing our damage) don't want to be outdps'd..... ask for a fucking boost in yer own damage.
Oi!

Allannen
16-05-2006, 02:51 PM

I'd love to get a boost but that will never happen... If you whine enough about other classes being to imba though... They get nerfed. That's why rouges has been nerfed so much. Whinage = change.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's ok now, wouldn't mind getting a slight dmg buff...

Velkraith
16-05-2006, 03:35 PM
tbh warriors already do get nerfed... every patch our dmg/surviability/anything is nerfed in some way.

we were the first class to get normalisations on our attacks
most of our talents have been nerfed
alot of our gear has been nerfed
we have one of the most useless talent trees out of all classes
we have some of the most important skills for our class as talents (and from the looks of it will always be talents) even when other classes get their 'most important' skills as trainables

go read what a warrior is on the WoW website... we can be a hardcore dmg shield, a dmg powerhouse or a mixture. and thats what we are, depending on how you spec reflects in how well you do in one of ur aspects (altho its u can do alot of dmg and still tank bloody well if you spec right)

rogues/mages/warlocks/hunters may not do as much damage in VERY end game raiding as a full dmg specced/geared warrior but they can solo pve and solo pvp SOO much easier than a warrior. they have a never ending supply of crowd controlling abilities.

warriors may have the most health (even tho warlocks, druids and hunters can get as much/more if specced right) and the most armor (altho druids can get more armor) than any other classes, but whats our best CC'in ability... fear, which costs us 25rage and is on a 3minute cooldown.

lets see, rogues can stun countless times, mages can root or escape in many number of ways, warlocks can stun,kite,root,fear... hunters can immobilise/stun etc etc...

you have to look at every aspect of the game, not just one.... on their own a warrior is basiclly screwed... but with a group they can be the most powerful class.

Ashborn
16-05-2006, 03:48 PM
warlocks can stun,kite,root,fear
Stop talking about shit you know nothing about.

Velkraith
16-05-2006, 03:55 PM

so u cant suduce (a stun)
and u cant fear (fear + deathcoil)

??

EDIT----

i also forgot banish which is calssed as a stun

again im not talking about just raiding, pvp im talking about every possible aspect of the game...

warlcoks are still the only class i i know of that can solo the pillars in DM West.

Alverion
16-05-2006, 04:47 PM

Thats exactly what should happen, nerfing isn't really needed because if its done now, it'll just happen again in the future with different gear. Its more prominent with classes like warriors where their gear can lead to exponential damage gains (I think this happens with warlocks and priests as well) where as other classes have more linear gains. But it doesn't mean that those classes should be nerfed.

A mixture of gear balancing and careful buffing to less dynamic classes would bring about a more balanced PvE situation. A great idea fielded in that linked thread was to introduce ways of increasing rogue white DPS whilst not touching our burst DPS, which I personally think would be the best way to increase our viability.

I'd very much like to see a raid where every rogue is replaced by a dedicated DPS warrior and see how they progress through certain aggro sensitive events, they'd probably still win through but the dynamic of the fight would probably be very different.

P.S. Nerf warlocks >.>

Ashborn
16-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Seduce and banish aren't stuns you retard. Completely different mechanics. And we don't have roots of any kind. Also hunters can solo the pillars as well.

Bleetman
16-05-2006, 04:55 PM

so u cant suduce (a stun)
and u cant fear (fear + deathcoil)

I'm guessing (since I've never gotten a warlock past level 8 this is just a guess/observation) that warlocks aren't really the 'root and kite' type of class. Since they can't root and they have to stand still to cast spells.

Plus you can't banish other players :wink:

Velkraith
16-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Seduce and banish aren't stuns you retard. Completely different mechanics. And we don't have roots of any kind. Also hunters can solo the pillars as well.

ok so no roots....

but maybe you should check the deifnitions of ur abilities before you call people retards.

http://www.thottbot.com/?sp=710

http://www.thottbot.com/?sp=6358

ull find that the aura applied is a stun. now yes this isnt nessacarily 100% accurate but its close enough.

as for the kiting... curse of exhaustion

kiting in my opinion is being able to do damage to mobs/players without being hit via physical attacks.

so slow their movement by 90% that gives your plently of time to run away, put some DoT's on and maybe shadow bolt, then move away again and shadowbolt and repeat till the mob is dead.

plus considering warlocks can chain fear thats basiclly kiting, as soon as the mob/person comes close fear them for ~20seconds, stack up the DoTs, send the shadowbolts flying etc etc.

EDIT---

also checked allakazham and this as well classes these abilities as stuns, now as these are the 2 most used WoW databases for information i think they would know.

Tsarina
16-05-2006, 05:13 PM
but maybe you should check the deifnitions of ur abilities before you call people retards.
Maybe you should admit that you were wrong instead of posting thottbot links?

When did you ever see a warlock using it? It's a talent that only one warlock I've met in a BG has. How many do you know of?

kiting in my opinion is being able to do damage to mobs/players without being hit via physical attacks.
Your opinion is wrong. Is a stunlocking rogue kiting? Is a shielding paladin kiting? Kiting involves distance. Like a kite. You know what a kite is, right? Controlling an object from a distance, that's kiting. Not "being able to do damage to mobs/players without being hit via physical attacks."

Ashborn
16-05-2006, 05:23 PM
so slow their movement by 90%
Curse of Exhaustion slows TO 90%, ie by 10%. Slightly improveable by talents, but not a lot. It is also a high-tier affliction talent, thus most PVP warlocks don't even have it. And I'm not even TOUCHING the other ignorant shit you wrote.

Velkraith
16-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Maybe you should admit that you were wrong instead of posting thottbot links?

umm why not, who says im wrong? so far all information points to me being correct, or just because someone from CoI says so its correct?

When did you ever see a warlock using it? It's a talent that only one warlock I've met in a BG has. How many do you know of?

like i said im not just talking about pvp... im talking about all aspects of the game... and i would use a tactic like this against certain mobs... if it works, why not?

Your opinion is wrong. Is a stunlocking rogue kiting? Is a shielding paladin kiting? Kiting involves distance. Like a kite. You know what a kite is, right? Controlling an object from a distance, that's kiting. Not "being able to do damage to mobs/players without being hit via physical attacks."
[/quote]

ok so my definition was incorrect, however my description of the events that would take place was correct. either way warlocks 'can' kite, its just many dont, cos they can just fear/deathcoil/suduce

again i like that fact that most people have come to ashens aid infering that he is correct and that im wrong... why? maybe because he is more well known on the server. he is a good warlock, and can pvp very well, he is in one of the best guilds on the server and yes im sure he knowns his class well, but people should look at information provided...

anyway this has gotten off the topic, and thats warriors shouldnt be nerfed because they can put out more damage over said 'dps' classes, as those said 'dps' classes have more going for them than just dps.

AnteroVipune
16-05-2006, 05:28 PM
http://www.thottbot.com/?sp=11286

ZOMG gouge is a stun too !

Ashborn
16-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Seriously, just shut up. You don't know shit.

Velkraith
16-05-2006, 05:34 PM
AnteroVipune i checked that as well before i posted and why i said that the source isnt 100% correct, but its close enough to be considered correct.

from the looks of this im not going to win, more and more people will come who because of said points will stick up for ashen so i may as well give up arguing my point.

however my initial statement that 'dps' classes have more going for them than just dps, its just that its outside of raids to end game instances. but those classes dont seem to be able to see past that.

Khalam
16-05-2006, 05:37 PM
AnteroVipune i checked that as well before i posted and why i said that the source isnt 100% correct, but its close enough to be considered correct.
hat.

get some decent gear and you'll see how NERFED (NOT) warriors are

Velkraith
16-05-2006, 05:42 PM
hat.

get some decent gear and you'll see how NERFED (NOT) warriors are

i have got some decent gear, and i do do some nice damage in raids... i could do alot more with better gear... but that you cant say that the warrior class hasn't been nerfed.

we have been, but you dont notice it as much wen uve already been epic geared.

nerfs for warriors came about to stop epic coated warriors doing insane amounts of damage. however this was more noticable on early60 warriors who went from being quite good to being almost useless...

at green/blue gear level a warrior will pritty much always be beaten in dps/a duel/group pvp by any other class of the same skill and gear level.

this only starts to change once said warrior has started getting either the higher rank epic gear and/or BWL damage gear.

Tsarina
16-05-2006, 05:49 PM
That I support Ashen in this, has more to do with the fact that he is right and you are wrong than his guild tag.

I do agree with you on this, though.

at green/blue gear level a warrior will pritty much always be beaten in dps/a duel/group pvp by any other class of the same skill and gear level.

this only starts to change once said warrior has started getting either the higher rank epic gear and/or BWL damage gear.
Except that it's true also with epic gear. I'm not 100% epic yet, but I have enough to see that you'll still get owned by pretty much any class with some skills unless you get support.

I remember Yin tried to get Chonar into her duelling contest, and he gave her a lesson in warrior PvP. I laughed a bit back then, but I see now that he was correct. The same goes for PvE. Warriors need support to truly shine. No matter what gear you have.

Velkraith
16-05-2006, 06:04 PM
id like to appologise i totally forgot about charm affects, and im guessing this is what suduce is considered as. i was wrong here.

but the idea was correct.

and i just a note for the future ashen itd be better to explain your point and give reasons for why summon is wrong, rather than just calling them a retard/incompitent etc etc

anyway thats finished

Ashborn
16-05-2006, 06:26 PM
and i just a note for the future ashen itd be better to explain your point and give reasons for why summon is wrong, rather than just calling them a retard/incompitent etc etc
No, being rude and offensive is much more fun and requires less effort on my part.

Arthran
16-05-2006, 06:31 PM

QFT

AS much as i respect you as a Warlock Ashen, This:

Seriously, just shut up. You don't know shit.

Wins no arguements.

Tsarina
16-05-2006, 07:23 PM
What are you trying to achieve, Arthran? What's the purpose of your post? To make your opinion known? Or do you think Ashen will think twice next time because of what you wrote? Do you think he cares? Do you think anyone cares? I don't understand why you would want to waste your time writing a worthless post like that.

Take the lessons in etiquette elsewhere. I don't think anyone reads this forum to get a course in how to behave.

Arthran
16-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Merely to have my Oppinion Aired. As my Old Teacher used to say "Manners Maketh Man, And Cost Nothing." Being Polite Never Hurts, Being rude and Abusinve normally Does (even if its only lowering peoples oppinions of you.)

But Anyway, To go back to the topic. I agree that Warriors Shouldnt be nerfed, At High level they are very Gear dependant and can be out damaged easily. I did a BRD Run last night with Saxo, Pure epics and a TF Meant he went through the mobs like a hot knife through butter, Does that mean that warriors are overpowered? No. Ive been on runs with Warriors at 60 who have mostly Blues and Greens, and they suffer badly. People Calling out for Warrior Nerfs are only harming their own raid progress as the OT said.

In closing I would like to start the Campaign to Buff Paladin Damage :'(

Khalam
16-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Warriors are so getting nerfed soon, there's something broken with the game if one class is the best tank and at the same time can put out the highest dps.

Arthran
16-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Gief Paladins Decent Taunts and we'll show you how Plate Wearing Mini-Priests Tank ;-)

Cassina
16-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Warriors are so getting nerfed soon, there's something broken with the game if one class is the best tank and at the same time can put out the highest dps.

WoW site sez:

Class Role
The Warrior can be a defensive, shielded tank, a damage-dealing powerhouse, or a mixture of the two.

Some of us when rolling a warrior chose to be the middle (fury) or maybe the last (Mortal Strike 31/5/15).
No as someone heavily specced fury I am not as good a tank as someone who is 31/5/15 but I can still do it - I don't recall dying on domo adds and things like that but I can't tank something like Chromaggus.
I learned that the hard way tonight when I was the only warrior left standing in my DPS gear - 2 shotted was the result. :)

Onkelswe
16-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Omfg... seriously, theres alot of rude and angry people on this forum.
I hope this is only some sort of an internet-act, if not i guess alot of you get beat up pretty often. Lrn2respect your fellow man.

Taurusos
16-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Think I noticed people raising one eyebrow here and there outdpsing our sweet rogues...

And Tak: Melee dps is warrior dps. When your vanish is on CD they will rip through you, I dont have the vanish, but I can take the beating cuz of plate. Why you think and others with you that melee dps is rogue dps, is a flawed thing cuz of the fact that warriors had to stand there and take the beating for you to do dps.

What rogues need to realise on the other hand is though, nerfing warrior dmg will kill raids and eventually the class.

/Tau

Iyachtu
17-05-2006, 08:20 AM
What tsarina wrote still rings true, warrior only really shine with proper support, this goes for basically all content, pve, pvp etc..

People calling out for warrior nerfs (read fury warrior with top end gear) i think wont take into account the amount of time said warrior spent collecting his gear to achive that dps.. And the fact that we have no way of managing our aggro, means we have to pick our moments in pve where we can relativle safely case as much pain as possible.

Where as rogues can do all out dps in any encounter..

Chonar
17-05-2006, 08:33 AM
Where as rogues can do all out dps in any encounter..

Well thats not totally true of course, but they can go more "all out" than fury warriors.

stabby stabby stabby stabby...
Aggroes! Aiee! *vanish*
aggroes! ohnoz! *evasion*

Though there's been times when I've pulled aggro with MS spec Slam Spam. Gonna be interesting to see it with Dark Edge, now.

Iyachtu
17-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Heh, yeh.. lessons learned and all that "bad iya dont spam ms!" ..

Ps. chonar, dont ever post a screenshot showing your dps in some dmg meeter, or youll be another posterboy for trolls crying nerf warriors :p

Thrane
17-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Heh, yeh.. lessons learned and all that "bad iya dont spam ms!" ..

Ps. chonar, dont ever post a screenshot showing your dps in some dmg meeter, or youll be another posterboy for trolls crying nerf warriors :p

Hmmm.... we'll have to compare those with me then though :P Now gief crully for real testing! :P

Decebalus
17-05-2006, 11:19 AM
gief the trinket from Fankriss, tbh... :P

Ogrosh
17-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Ever so slightly off topic, but who on average is at the top of the DPS charts for CoI? The first few would be interesting to know. :D

Abberare
17-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Fact is warriors can be tanks or DPS. Rogues can only be DPS. It's not hard to see why we'd be pissed off about warriors threatening to take our role in raids. We're still waiting for our rogue overhaul so we'll see what happens there I guess. If it hasn't been forgotten about by now...

Khalam
17-05-2006, 01:27 PM
Ever so slightly off topic, but who on average is at the top of the DPS charts for CoI? The first few would be interesting to know. :D

I am. Almost always.

(well, not now, since I'm inactive).

Magnar
17-05-2006, 01:41 PM

I am. Almost always.

Silly rouge, I'm always on the top of my own unsynched damagemeter!

JeFF
17-05-2006, 04:37 PM

I am. Almost always.

Silly rouge, I'm always on the top of my own unsynched damagemeter!

Well yours must be lying since i'm on top of mine!

takfiri
17-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Rogue DPS is safer, cleaner and more dependable.

It's not the size, it's what you do with it;)

takfiri
17-05-2006, 04:48 PM
And Tak: Melee dps is warrior dps. When your vanish is on CD they will rip through you, I dont have the vanish, but I can take the beating cuz of plate. Why you think and others with you that melee dps is rogue dps, is a flawed thing cuz of the fact that warriors had to stand there and take the beating for you to do dps.
Exactly, and those warriors are called tanks.

If a rogue gets aggro, he has a chance to vanish - or feint the aggro off if he knows his aggro line well. If a dps warrior takes aggro, he'll have to tank for a while - meaning, the mob will turn, healers have to switch and compensate for dps warr's higher damage taken, blah, blah.

Cassina
17-05-2006, 05:06 PM
After a while, only a month even, of DPSing in raids and you learn what your "aggro ceiling" is.
I rarely get aggro, and when I do it's usually because I have berserker rage up (immune to fear) and the MT gets feared.

Decebalus
18-05-2006, 10:34 AM
If a dps warrior takes aggro, he'll have to tank for a while - meaning, the mob will turn, healers have to switch and compensate for dps warr's higher damage taken, blah, blah.

or, in order to avoid getting aggro, a warrior can use:

Fetish of the Sand Reaver
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket Miscellaneous
Requires Level 60
Use: Reduces the threat you generate by 70% for 20 seconds.

there are already some whinning threads on the forums about this trinket on a warrior...

takfiri
18-05-2006, 12:03 PM
After a while, only a month even, of DPSing in raids and you learn what your "aggro ceiling" is.
I rarely get aggro, and when I do it's usually because I have berserker rage up (immune to fear) and the MT gets feared.
This is a mystery to me. How can you possibly outdps a rogue and not get aggro?

Alverion
18-05-2006, 12:13 PM
Inate threat reduction in Battle and Zerk stance

Khalam
18-05-2006, 12:26 PM

Tauntable mobs? AoE situations?

Khalam
18-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Fetish of the Sand Reaver
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket Miscellaneous
Requires Level 60
Use: Reduces the threat you generate by 70% for 20 seconds.

there are already some whinning threads on the forums about this trinket on a warrior...

quite awesome for reckless execute spamming with deathwish up:P

Asura
18-05-2006, 12:48 PM
The fact is that fury warrior DPS does match or exceed rogue DPS when you get high end gear but we have no aggro-reducing abilities at all, unlike rogues, so if we get aggro we die very quickly - we have no escape methods either.
Some would say "easy! switch to a shield if you get aggro" but our DPS gear probably won't have any +def on it so we don't last long.
That's the trade-off.

Still find it weird to be whining about PvE DPS though, like I said if they want to nerf their own raid progress...

The thing is... warrior dps can be better than a mage's, except in those "HOLY SHI... YES!! 20 SCARABS (or alikes) I CAN SUICIDE ON!!11" occassions!
We had no aggro reducing abilities on our main spells. Don't even try to mention iceblock. Escape methods? Like yes I can blink past a tank and hope he gets it off me in time, sadly... that's -imo- not clasifying as a real escape method :p
And to top it all off, we have cloth, you got plate. So really, if I had to trade that much in for some silly cc I can never (well nearly) use in pve. Please take it away and gimme plate and higher damage.

Itemisation is plain buffing you, warriors and rogues alike. That's the point. Ours is too, but in no way comparable to what melee gets. But the unfair part in all of it is in the higher survivability of warriors. I mean, soon Blizz will implement pve trash oneshotting cloth or something and you'll still think it's balanced because "YUO GOT CC!!11 DUN WORKZ LOL!".

Yeh, nerfing might not be the way, but there's an imbalance created in the epix layers of the game. And imo, there's a need for it to be fixed and fast.

Cassina
18-05-2006, 12:52 PM

Inate threat reduction in Battle and Zerk stance

Not only that, but our abilities as DW warriors are not massive 2k crits but smaller crits and more often which would draw a bit less aggro I think - a 1k - 1.2k crit happens a bit but more likely is around 800ish on bosses.
Add to that only using Bloodthirst & Imp. Cleave most of the time which don't add high threat - heroic strike is higher damage but you're playing with fire if you spam that. :lol:

Besides, I never said anything about out-DPSing the majority of Tier 1/2 rogues myself, I don't have the gear yet although I will go past someone in blues/half epics.
When I'm geared up as well as someone like Thrane then yeah, I'll be disappointed if I'm not top of the damage meter.

Khalam
18-05-2006, 12:56 PM
When I'm geared up as well as someone like Thrane then yeah, I'll be disappointed if I'm not top of the damage meter.

Thrane must be disappointed!

Cassina
18-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Itemisation is plain buffing you, warriors and rogues alike. That's the point. Ours is too, but in no way comparable to what melee gets. But the unfair part in all of it is in the higher survivability of warriors. I mean, soon Blizz will implement pve trash oneshotting cloth or something and you'll still think it's balanced because "YUO GOT CC!!11 DUN WORKZ LOL!".

*cough*
Sheep > "XXXX gains Unstable Power." > Frostbolt crit > Cassina dies.
Replace "sheep" with "seduce" if a warlock.

Sounds like CC to me. :)

Kathra
18-05-2006, 01:21 PM

*cough*

Sheep > "Warrior Trinkets out" > Intercept > Nova/Blink > Feeble frost damage > Mashed up Mage

Yes i have a 60 mage before you ask ^^

Jarelan
18-05-2006, 01:27 PM
Kath, our trinket doesnt get rid of sheep.

Ashborn
18-05-2006, 01:29 PM
………………… €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..__…†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€ …………………
………………… €¦â€¦..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,………⠦………………⠦………
…………………. .,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,………………… ……………
………………,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,………………… ………….
……………,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\……………… €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦
………….;*`llllllllllllllllll lllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\………… ………………..
…………..\lllllllllllllllllll llllllll/………\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,………………… ……
…………...\llllllllllllllllll lll,-*………..`~-~-,…(.(¯`*,`,…………⠀¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..
…………….\llllllllllll,-~*………………†)_-\..*`*;..)……………†¦â€¦â€¦.
……………..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../………………… €¦..
……………...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\………………†…..
……………../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*.. .\………………†…
…………….|.../…/…/.*`...\...……………†¦â€¦â€¦)….)¯`~,……⠦……...
…………….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)…`~-,………….
……………/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./…../..|……...¯```*~-,,,,
…………...(……⠦.)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…/…………\……..
…………….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*...,*…|…⠦……..\……..
……………….*,†¦â€¦â€¦`-,…)-,…………..,-*`...,-*….(`-,…………\…….
……................f`-,………`-,/…*-,___,,-~*….,-*……|…`-,……….\……..

Warrior trinket does not dispel polymorph.

Cassina
18-05-2006, 01:30 PM

*cough*

Sheep > "Warrior Trinkets out" > Intercept > Nova/Blink > Feeble frost damage > Mashed up Mage

Yes i have a 60 mage before you ask ^^

Kinda works like this if the warrior is lucky:
Sheep > non crit frostbolt > run up to them > blink > intercept > hamstring > hit with sord.
Probably throw a "frost nova > trinket out" in there somewhere.

Only a nub intercepts before they blink. :P

Alakhai
18-05-2006, 01:35 PM
……………,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\……………… €¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦

Warrior trinket does not dispel polymorph.

nor seduce.

Jarelan
18-05-2006, 01:38 PM
aka....we're fecked vs Warlocks with Succubii or Mages with sheep :)

Plus in duels now people wont let us charge by following us around...meanies.

Khalam
18-05-2006, 01:40 PM
who cares, how often does 1on1 happen in group pvp?
Get a paladin to dispel that sheep/seduce and the warlock is already dead.

Jarelan
18-05-2006, 01:47 PM
I don't care that much tbh, but when mages win without me getting any hit in due to trinkets shields and crowd control, it is a little annoying :)

But as I state to them, fighting in duels isn't real PvP.

Kathra
18-05-2006, 02:50 PM
My bad, assumed it was the same as rogues - Poly/Fear/Charm

Ashborn
18-05-2006, 02:52 PM

Kathra
18-05-2006, 03:05 PM

Taurusos
18-05-2006, 05:39 PM

U assumed wrong, just as a certain P.O.S. assumed us warriors POPPED LIEK ENRAGE...

Look where it got us.

Which on a sidenot makes me wonder how many other than ones playing warriors replying in this thread actually know it all about warriors and our skills.

Such as thinking a fury warrior cant be on top of dmg and still manage to steal aggro.

Easy, learn on how often u use HS. Learn to stance dance for best generation of rage (u dont wanna miss out on OP).

/Tau

Asura
19-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Kinda works like this if the warrior is lucky:
Sheep > non crit frostbolt > run up to them > blink > intercept > hamstring > hit with sord.
Probably throw a "frost nova > trinket out" in there somewhere.

Only a nub intercepts before they blink. :P

That's considering I get sheep off before you reach me. It's not an instant cast still. Edit: Not to mention we were supposed to be your anti-class, your nemesis,... so expecting to win no matter what is kinda...

But anyway that's not the point, you clearly missed the part where I discussed pve usefulness (which according to me was the topic) and you went along thinking I meant pvp.

And even then, you really don't have to cry about pvp. For example, go look at that same silly poll we still have on SSE or the similar ones on the official wow forums and notice how mages -still- are still the favourite target for WAY too many people :p

Chonar
19-05-2006, 11:20 AM
For example, go look at that same silly poll we still have on SSE or the similar ones on the official wow forums and notice how mages -still- are still the favourite target for WAY too many people :p

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6519/loef9nr.jpg http://www.fantasyworldcostumes.com/images/lord%20of%20the%20rings%20axe%20R2242.jpg