View Full Version : The Ogg AQ40 Report

Ogg
15-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Ogg. Orgrimmar. 23:16 on the 15th of may, 2006.

The clock is a few minutes past seven pm. Slowly, disorganized and somewhat grumpy, the raid manages to buff up and get ready to pull the first Obsidian Eradicator.
As everyone knows, my expectations for the raids were as low as Troldepus's jokes, so I couldn't help feeling a slight optimism - how bad could it really be?
Whoom. Green brain tick as less than a minute of mana draining yields 100 nozdormu rep. My keyboard almost repulsed my fingers, as I forced them to write: "Maybe this place isn't completely a waste of time after all". On teamspeak, Ofric was quick to make a funny comment on this :). Good one ol' chap.
The Anubisath Sentinels didn't oppose much of a challenge at all, as the raids most prominent 2hander, Kzuhl, had a well-made battleplan ready for them. They earned me a neat little mount, that I at least find some joy in.
Cleared the next stuff up to skeram, boss time.
What a retarded encounter. The earthshocks hit the tanks from their wheelchairs, and forced us into 2 wipes, before we finally got it right and brought home some shaman and druid loot. Had dozens of death on attempts, where the 2 mirror images would earth shock a tank that was perfectly in melee range. AQ40 is turning out to be the cesspool I believed it to be.
We move on in the instance, and cleared some weaksauce trash, throughout the instance upto Sartura, the trash never really reached the challenge, that I think the BWL trash poses. This changes later, I've heard, looking forward to that.
The Trinity. Took 2 attempts to get the pull right, then we downed them with no problems whatsoever (apart from two traumatized tanks, please send a cookie and a well-meant letter to Dinmomz and Kzuhl). And what did we get? Oh my god, A PIECE FERAL LOOT? WHAT A FSCKING SURPRISE. And no. 2 item? Guess what. OOMKIN GLOVES. ANOTHER PREJUDICE COME TRUE. We spent the rest of the night clearing some trash upto Sartura, and just as we were about to go and get 'er, the entire instance suffered a 20 second lagspike.
The clock was now 22:55, and we decided to call it a day.

So, to conclude. We had hybrid loot, we had a badly designed Skeram with earth shocks flying everywhere, we had a Skeram that was extremely boring to tank, we had retarded knockbacking Guardians that presented no challenge at all, but took ages to kill. The only thing, that I did like about the place, was the awesome reputation gain, 1000 rep per hour will definetely make me return there.

Report end.

Ashborn
15-05-2006, 10:26 PM
We spent the rest of the night clearing some trash upto Sartura, and just as we were about to go and get 'er, the entire instance suffered a 20 second lagspike.
That happened on our best C'thun attempt of the day. Woulda probably been a kill.

Ogg
15-05-2006, 10:26 PM
I sense a thread hijack coming up... DEFLECTORSHIELDS UP ON THE MAGES NOW!

TroldePus
15-05-2006, 10:29 PM
On a side note - Happy Birthday! And I will now try to improve my below Ogg standards comments.

Ogg
15-05-2006, 10:31 PM
As everyone knows, my expectations for the raids were as low as Troldepus's jokes

Thanks for putting some weight behind my metaphor 8)

Cassina
15-05-2006, 11:05 PM
We spent the rest of the night clearing some trash upto Sartura, and just as we were about to go and get 'er, the entire instance suffered a 20 second lagspike.
That happened on our best C'thun attempt of the day. Woulda probably been a kill.

Same in AQ20.
In fact, this has been going on in MC & BWL lately... annoying.

Legendfierce
15-05-2006, 11:11 PM
AQ40 isnt meant to be hard ya'know Ogg until the twin emps or so.

Cant expect it to be a hiuge chalenge for a guild who has BWL on farm statu its quoted its made for the less equiped guilds until twin emps

Ashborn
15-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Huhuran is the first cockblock actually :P

Chonar
15-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Huhuran is the first cockblock actually :P

Think Hordies are gonna get server-first on Viscidus? ;x

Shadewalk
15-05-2006, 11:51 PM
you did your raid going backwards in time? ... that or took 23 hours 21 mins

Abberare
15-05-2006, 11:56 PM
you did your raid going backwards in time? ... that or took 23 hours 21 mins

I'm guessing that's when he wrote it :P

Also I like the sounds of Viscidus, freeze him then smash him and all that :)

Syeknom
16-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Yeah, that lagspike was a world of fun. We killed a few EoM imps close together, and froze. There was much screaming.

Magefist
16-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Yeah, that lagspike was a world of fun. We killed a few EoM imps close together, and froze. There was much screaming.
You forgot to mention the part that when time unfroze, it was the year TWENTY-FOUR THOUSAND AND SIX.

(now *that* is how to hijack a thread!)

vattghern
16-05-2006, 12:47 AM

It is also quite funny to have that in The Tunnel (or random disconnect there - luckily i haven't pulled whole tunnel just died graciously).

Trupiaczacha
16-05-2006, 12:50 AM
AQ40 isnt meant to be hard ya'know Ogg until the twin emps or so.

Cant expect it to be a hiuge chalenge for a guild who has BWL on farm statu its quoted its made for the less equiped guilds until twin emps

not that bwl is hard to tank LOL ok chromaggus whit bad combo but res ... as i ask MT of Ordo Sartura is more hard to tank as BWL bosses :)

aq40 is fun :) something new atm for horde and fun :)

anyway GZ on kills :) GL in next raids :wink:

Thrane
16-05-2006, 01:01 AM
not that bwl is hard to tank LOL ok chromaggus whit bad combo but res ... as i ask MT of Ordo Sartura is more hard to tank as BWL bosses :)

Emps.... 8k burst... wiiiiiii! :)

It is also quite funny to have that in The Tunnel (or random disconnect there - luckily i haven't pulled whole tunnel just died graciously).

1) Stand in front of tunnel.
2) Deploy mage.
3) Tell mage to use Mana Ruby.
4) Que Benny Hill Theme.
5) Enjoy!

(P.S.:Sorry that you got ganked in IF so much by utter nubs trupi :))

Hosh
16-05-2006, 02:19 AM
@Thrane: Seen the movie and lol'ed.

@Thread:
I dont see what Ogg have against Skaram. The encounter just need alot of teamwork and dps. After our first kill we one shot him every time so far. To easy imo. If tanks get earthshocked tell them to pay some attention to what they do instead of blaming blizz for bad coded bosses.

Viddeh
16-05-2006, 05:35 AM
Hosh was telling us to lrn2plai. SOMEONE DEPLOY THE DRAMA.

XeD
16-05-2006, 06:29 AM
nah hosh wasn't
hes just saying that the shades don't earthshock if someone is tanking them
even shamans can tank em (with an earthshock :p) and get less dmg then getting flamed with his earthshocks

captpicard
16-05-2006, 08:16 AM
He was!

BRING FORTH THE DRAMA PLEASE

JeFF
16-05-2006, 08:41 AM
http://www.icmc.org/images/drama.gif

Anyway on a serious note, I do agree the first few encounters in AQ40 are a bit lame, but if (or more like when) you get to Twin Emps and C'thun, you'll begin to like the instance more. Sartura and Frankriss are fun fights too (Sartura on healer perspective atleast, not sure what you tanks think about it) but then theres Huhuran after that which atleast in my opinion is a pain in the ass. Not for the difficulty, but because of the requirement of NR gear.

Bluebird
16-05-2006, 09:32 AM
Nice write-up, but when the reputation stops and the 12min corpseruns start let us know what you think then.

I despise this cess-pit of an instance, C'Thun is far too unforgiving and the lame-ass corpse run is... well... lame. That shortcut needs to be implemented as a hot-fix, not wait for the patch.

Rickone
16-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Aye, nice progress in 1 day
too bad for the dr00d luv

Trupiaczacha
16-05-2006, 10:29 AM
(Sartura on healer perspective atleast, not sure what you tanks think about it)

we have littel problems whit stuns :) but work this out... i think u have more esy whit HoJ of loladins... this stun is imba :) but dunno if u use this on sartura :) well its funny fight of mage vie :)

*casting FB... out of range... run... casting FB... agro run back... casting FB... out of range... etc* GOD u cna be piss of sometimes :)

Chonar
16-05-2006, 10:30 AM

we have littel problems whit stuns :) but work this out... i think u have more esy whit HoJ of loladins... this stun is imba :) but dunno if u use this on sartura :) well its funny fight of mage vie :)

*casting FB... out of range... run... casting FB... agro run back... casting FB... out of range... etc* GOD u cna be piss of sometimes :)

OH SNAP, PALLY STUNS!
Earthbind totemz! FROSTSHOK, LOL!

Elexin
16-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Earthbind Totems and Frost Shock don't stun... ;)

Proterra
16-05-2006, 10:34 AM

excuse me? honey..don't you say that and come begging too me at 4am begging for milk any more. bloody maegz..

Kathra
16-05-2006, 10:46 AM

Give us three viable sets and the "Durid itemz" will stop dropping

>:O

Zulamun
16-05-2006, 10:48 AM

excuse me? honey..don't you say that and come begging too me at 4am begging for milk any more. bloody maegz..

ooh ooh! gief!

And btw thrane... Nintendo fan? :D

Chonar
16-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Earthbind Totems and Frost Shock don't stun... ;)

Damn Elexin, stop making me giggle. :D

Dean
16-05-2006, 11:12 AM
Well i guess even though you diden't like it Ogg the rep was to much to ignore? ;)

It should get worse though :twisted: When you hit firendly it's no rep from normal trash anymore :(

Taurusos
16-05-2006, 03:46 PM

OH SNAP, PALLY STUNS!

Tell me midget...

Does it hurt your ego when a alliance skill is mentioned that maybe helps a certain fight?

Its not like Trupi says nerf or ez-mode blabla, he is just saying that skill helps.

And yeah midget, whats them totems and shock got to do with things if anything?

...so midget?

The fact that you do this every and each time got old in the 1970´s.

/Tau

Kathra
16-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Drama inc?

Azy
16-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Drama.

XeD
16-05-2006, 03:55 PM
darma.. and greg?

Viddeh
16-05-2006, 04:01 PM
HEY XED AI HOP U DAI IN A FAIR

/drama

XeD
16-05-2006, 09:16 PM
i have a totem that protects me from fears.. once i a while when the moon is blue and listen to Nile while drinking a cherry coke

SO SHUT UP!

Proterra
16-05-2006, 09:46 PM
nyam nyam nyam nyam nyam

vattghern
16-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Anyway on a serious note, I do agree the first few encounters in AQ40 are a bit lame, but if (or more like when) you get to Twin Emps and C'thun, you'll begin to like the instance more. Sartura and Frankriss are fun fights too (Sartura on healer perspective atleast, not sure what you tanks think about it) but then theres Huhuran after that which atleast in my opinion is a pain in the ass. Not for the difficulty, but because of the requirement of NR gear.

i really, really like Sartura's fight. It may have something to do with *** You got aggro from Battleguard Sartura *** thing, duno ;)

Chonar
16-05-2006, 10:35 PM

OH SNAP, PALLY STUNS!

Tell me midget...

Does it hurt your ego when a alliance skill is mentioned that maybe helps a certain fight?

Its not like Trupi says nerf or ez-mode blabla, he is just saying that skill helps.

...so midget?

/Tau

HAY LOOK
I HAVE TEH DARK EDGE
MORTAL STIRKE LOL

Taurusos
16-05-2006, 10:42 PM

OH SNAP, PALLY STUNS!

Tell me midget...

...so midget?

/Tau

HAY LOOK
I HAVE TEH DARK EDGE
MORTAL STIRKE LOL

Hehe, good way to turn it around, never meant to start any drama earlier btw :)

And DEoI: many grats midget

/Tau

Chonar
16-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Hehe, good way to turn it around, never meant to start any drama earlier btw :)

And DEoI: many grats midget

/Tau

Well yeah, really though. If I write in allcaps it usually means I'm not being all that quite serious. ;p

And thanks. /sharpens

Hephaestos
17-05-2006, 05:53 AM
CAPS ARE SERIOUS BUSNINESS!

Proterra
17-05-2006, 06:51 AM
LOL I DIONBT THUINK U KNOR WHAT UR TAKING BOUT KK?

Fizzletips
17-05-2006, 07:11 AM
Why is everybody talking like Trupia all of a sudden? ;)

in caps even.

Proterra
17-05-2006, 07:23 AM
Why is everybody talking like Trupia all of a sudden? ;)

in caps even.

-purrs-