04-05-2006, 05:15 PM
http://pc.ign.com/articles/704/704665p1.html

Locowar
04-05-2006, 06:07 PM
ROFL
Nuff said.

Elandar
04-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Nice buff. A shame they made the arcane tree obsolete though.

Ashborn
04-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Presence of Mind means it'll never be obsolete.

Bleetman
04-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Conjure Food now has a new rank (Rank 7) available in Stratholme.
Wee!

Trupiaczacha
04-05-2006, 09:04 PM
im happy if this will come out :)

Oogie
04-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Ummm..... :?

Cassina
04-05-2006, 10:51 PM
It may be advisable at this point to let warriors purchase Tactical Mastery at a trainer.

Yes...

Asura
05-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Well if that announcement is actually true... I'm not too hot about the changes just yet.
Didn't have time to get an in-depth perspective yet. There's some fun changes, but overall I wonder if this really was what I was waiting for the entire time since retail.

It doesn't touch the most important aspect being survivability. Well indirectly through the more supported elementalist builds, yes. Thank god for that! But hey, they did destroy the arcane tree for that. So the entire idea of getting more viable builds seems gone already, they've just shifted the preference to other trees. The changes also look mostly pve inspired, I might be wrong, maybe I need to read it more throughly for that.

Some talents were changed for the better eg Combustion (no cooldown mentionned, I don't like :P). Some additions however make me wonder if they ever played the class eg Arcane Resilience. WHOAH!

And it's no surprise really but I still had to laugh when thinking back to the...
You'll get invisibility back... You really will... Just be a bit patient... moar patience plx... it will be in a nerfed form, but you'll get it back, no worries... Give the devs some time plz... INV WILL BE BACK!!11... Hahaha GOTCHA!!11 xP
Not that I really wanted -that- back. But then they could've adressed the real issues instead of wasting their time like that.

Rey
05-05-2006, 10:32 AM
We only need more water, better water!!
Who cares about the rest!!

_Ammu_
05-05-2006, 10:59 AM
http://www.wowhead.com/talent/

Alia
06-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Conjure Food now has a new rank (Rank 7) available in Stratholme.

That is nice indeed.

/t Malison rank7 f00d pls :twisted:

Drauk
06-05-2006, 02:46 PM
My thoughts on the review. Overall this is a buff. However a buff in totally wrong direction.
In solo/5man content mages got a biggest buff. However we were already pretty damn good in this regard. PvP got some interesting buffs, i forsee a lot of elementalist in PvP (yes, i know about imp CS and PoM).

The raiding game (only thing that matters tbh) got the shaft. 2 (two) talents in all 3 trees - new Arc Sub and new Winter's Chill.
Our agrro is still the biggest limiter to our damage, and there is virtually no improvments to raid damage.

Disappointing, especially considering all the hype about it and quality of the priest review.

Celinde
06-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Your revamp is bigger than ours.

Khalam
06-05-2006, 02:51 PM
The raiding game (only thing that matters tbh) got the shaft. 2 (two) talents in all 3 trees - new Arc Sub and new Winter's Chill.
Our agrro is still the biggest limiter to our damage, and there is virtually no improvments to raid damage.
Disappointing, especially considering all the hype about it and quality of the priest review.

What about the talent reducing crit threat?
And imo mage damage is perfectly fine pve wise.

Drauk
06-05-2006, 03:08 PM
What about the talent reducing crit threat?
And imo mage damage is perfectly fine pve wise.

With a current attainable crit levels this talents equals about 10% overall threat reduction for frost and about 13% for fire.

Way less than rogue and warrios innate (and free) 20%. There is no logical explanation why primary dps classes (mage and warlocks) doesn't have active threat reduction abilities. Continue the trend of encounters and gear and in a year there is no reason to bring more than 2 mage and 2 warlocks, unless for gimmick reasons (banish/poly/depression room).

Khalam
06-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Your revamp is bigger than ours.

Death Coil.

Ashborn
06-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Death coil wasn't in the revamp, nub.

Khalam
06-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Death coil wasn't in the revamp, nub.

Yeah, your revamp was like 3 or 4 patches :p

sara
07-05-2006, 01:12 AM
The new arcane subtlety is really nice. IMO, it makes aggro more predictable, which is what you want in raiding, surely?

Fleshmissile
07-05-2006, 01:14 AM
The new arcane subtlety is really nice. IMO, it makes aggro more predictable, which is what you want in raiding, surely?

ofc unpredictable is well exciting but like too much of a risk ta

Oogie
07-05-2006, 01:42 AM
I figure that if many talents are going to be reduced to 3 talens levels in certain areas of the Frost Tree, then it will free up a lot of points to spend elsewhere. This is only what I have heard by the way.

Trupiaczacha
07-05-2006, 09:16 PM
I figure that if many talents are going to be reduced to 3 talens levels in certain areas of the Frost Tree, then it will free up a lot of points to spend elsewhere. This is only what I have heard by the way.

problem is u dont have rly any good options to spend them... brob this will bring more builds that will include all 3 trees... but we will see in practis how it works :)

Oogie
07-05-2006, 09:51 PM

problem is u dont have rly any good options to spend them... brob this will bring more builds that will include all 3 trees... but we will see in practis how it works :)

Indeed, I am looking forward to this as my Mage is getting stronger and stronger each day. Level 34 at point of this post.

Asura
09-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Indeed, I am looking forward to this as my Mage is getting stronger and stronger each day. Level 34 at point of this post.

Yes and it's obviously at that point the mage problems are arising! Wait... >_>

On another note, the shaman review made ours taste sour. Very, I might add.

Oogie
09-05-2006, 01:35 PM

Yes and it's obviously at that point the mage problems are arising! Wait... >_>

I am working on him full time, Toolman was getting nowhere fast.

On another note, the shaman review made ours taste sour. Very, I might add.
Ogorsh has been talking about this all morning, he seems very excited about the fact that his mana pool may just last long enough for him to do some uber damage... :(

Trupiaczacha
09-05-2006, 03:04 PM
it sucks ;/ ... just sow a mage whit tire2 items was solo be a locks pet ! in duel :O

Tsarina
09-05-2006, 06:26 PM
it sucks ;/ ... just sow a mage whit tire2 items was solo be a locks pet ! in duel :O
I mean no offense to warlock pets, but that really says more about the player than the mage class.

Trupiaczacha
10-05-2006, 03:26 AM
I mean no offense to warlock pets, but that really says more about the player than the mage class.

not rly :) bec whot u can do when pet have 300 res to all shools ? and hey it was solakner pet god thx i wasnt that mage :P

Alia
10-05-2006, 04:28 AM

not rly :) bec whot u can do when pet have 300 res to all shools ? and hey it was solakner pet god thx i wasnt that mage :P

Done it once and i'll never do it again.

Zorg
02-06-2006, 10:21 AM
pretty much sums it up. sorry if it was posted before..

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/aceguns/MageLove.jpg[/quote]

Chonar
02-06-2006, 10:41 AM
NERFSTICK HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hephaestos
02-06-2006, 11:03 AM

stop trying to pick on warlocks with MD spec and 5 nemesis (310 res all on pet).

and enxt to that, solk is destro specced, destro spec certainly does not incorporate a 21 point demonology talent....

You are like all those other whiners: "Omg that warlock put siphon life on me ticking for 200/tick and with his 300 res all pet and conflag he totally destroyed me!"

other than that:

the mage talent tree got a HUGE buff. just a few examples:

-10 target resistance reduction for 2 points in a tier 2, aswell as 40% aggro reduction on arcane stuff on the same talent.

+6%hit on fire/frost spells for 3 tier1 points.

frostchanneling now reduces threat aswell.

deep frost is bound to crit a lot making elemental mastery usefull
(not that viable on base crits -> 30%mana back @ crit @ 10%crit = avg 3% mana back per cast)

for frost speccing thats verry nice. And for naxx you can go fire, have aggro reduction, etc etc. Elementist is by far the best build in 1.11 (imo)

Senex
02-06-2006, 06:26 PM
-Due to significant talent changes, Mage class has been removed from the game. Players with a Mage character have been refunded with two days of free playing time.

-Shamans now receive a Summon Mage Pet spell, available from a trainer at level 20. This pet can learn all spells of the Mage ex-class, including summoning food and water for the shaman and his raid.

Asura
02-06-2006, 09:24 PM
the mage talent tree got a HUGE buff. just a few examples:

-10 target resistance reduction for 2 points in a tier 2, aswell as 40% aggro reduction on arcane stuff on the same talent.

+6%hit on fire/frost spells for 3 tier1 points.

frostchanneling now reduces threat aswell.

deep frost is bound to crit a lot making elemental mastery usefull
(not that viable on base crits -> 30%mana back @ crit @ 10%crit = avg 3% mana back per cast)

I'm trying to find the "huge" buff in that, pvp wise that is. Honestly the only talent tree I come up with is the old elementalist one, with okay... a new shatter, but it will mainly be used for frost anyway, so -nothing- changed pvp wise. Yes, ice barrier is totally awesome for a 31 poi... *dispell* pwnt nub!!1
It did however add some pve changes (for example the aggro reduction and the 6% hit as you mentionned), which aren't bad. But they make you skip valuable pvp talents. So all in all, really little changed about mage survivability -pvp wise-. And that's basicly where we needed the help most imo.
And Heph, I gather your next step would be stating you can't pvp with your pve spec and that would actually be a blatant lie. Since your pet devours me alive. Alone. I'm sure. So ye, the patch did add little.
Not to mention that the vast majority of classes actually will still beat mages. Oh yes, except when we blow 10 min cds now. So the well known concept of 3 min mages will now become 10 min mages xP