View Full Version : PvE rogue concerns:

Artia
24-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Necrosis's Post (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?FN=wow-rogue&T=1051393&P=1)

It pretty much sums it up for rogues. Very good and well constructed post, though some "solutions" aren't that realistic. Definitely worth a read though.

Khalam
24-04-2006, 07:08 PM
It pretty much sums it up for rogues. Very good and well constructed post, though some "solutions" aren't that realistic. Definitely worth a read though.

TLDR yet, but one thing where we're fine for sure is PVE raids : P

Ashborn
24-04-2006, 07:17 PM
but one thing where we're fine for sure is PVE raids : P
QFT. Get this man to teach you to dps if you disagree.

Kathra
24-04-2006, 07:53 PM
but one thing where we're fine for sure is PVE raids : P
QFT. Get this man to teach you to dps if you disagree.

sum rogs iz sord?

Mulgor
24-04-2006, 08:30 PM
I soooooo fully support that guy. gief Rogues somekind of 100+ AP "shout" and buff us up! powah!!!

Chonar
24-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Now hit it very hard.
And very fast.

Hit it like you mean it!

Nivellen
24-04-2006, 09:47 PM
I don't see enough dots.

Throw more dots, more dots, more dots

Hmm, although that post is pretty good. Kept reading the rogue forum, I can understand those issues. Mmm, wonder how the rogue update will look, what will Blizz change, can't wait.

Alverion
24-04-2006, 11:17 PM

TLDR yet, but one thing where we're fine for sure is PVE raids : P

In a way you are right, and he does say that we are still doing our primary job, dealing single target DPS in a threat effecient manner. However his main complaint is that a lot of our class utility is either underused (I can only think of one place its worth stealthing and thats suppression rooms for traps) or completely useless/ignored (see garrote/expose armor)

Basically he wants the rogue patch to come sooner rather then later *shrugs* He makes some good points, isn't disputing that we are still doing our only raid role just wants more utility. Should probably learn to be patient and wait for the rogue patch hoping it'll address some of our utility issues (however I doubt it will)

sum rogs iz sord?

Yeah some of us were born this way >.>

Some more different weapon utility would be nice. With the release of BS 9 and more awesome daggers, being anything but daggers is a DPS gimp. But I like my swords ; )

syranndyr
25-04-2006, 01:07 AM
This guy sounds abit unrealistic first of all I think hes expecting his posts to have some impact and I think he's only looked at things from a very 1 directional view.

Improved eviscerate: While eviscerate is useless because it is not scaling, it makes this talent unless also. Most rogue just use slice and dice.

Suggestion: Fix eviscerate and make it ignore armor or do a % of weapon damage, thereby fixing this skill.

% of weapon damage? well hes just buffed swords and nerfed down daggers, clearly eviscerate just needs to scale according to your AP which should act as a multiplier.

Brings up some good points like premeditation and hemorrage etc etc, but then some of his suggestions seem a tad... awful

Also Khalam like Alverion said, yeah sure we can do good single target damage with controlled aggro but its a very linear and limited role. Assuming the Death sting dagger is real as soon as that drop's... well I can genuinely see a pairing of that + pugio's destroying any sword possibility. It will be a case of if you want to pvp, you're better off with daggers.. if you want to pve you're better off with daggers, whereas they still currently compete fairly well.

I think the best thing about a rogue for a raiding group is you can always rely on it to do melee dps, a druid might switch between resto and feral at some point and a paladin might go from trying to hit things to a healadin but a rogue will always just be melee'ing away trying not to die.

Most unfortunate thing to have happened to rogues was AP normalisation, everything else in my view is just to be expected, like bugs etc.. but that.... the so called balance to about 3 overpowered blue items which is continually nerfing current weapons was a rediculous change.