View Full Version : Valor Upgrade Quest line

Oogie
04-04-2006, 01:28 PM
I have begun the upgrade quest line and got my bracers after 2 hours camping a spawn point for stupid sabres.

Anyway, im on the ectoplasm bit. Just wanted to know how long this one took anyone doing the chain?

I have left it for a few days. I did have only 1 Goblin Rocket Fuel left but thanks to a fellow guildie, I now have 5. I refuse to pay 25-30g for a 10 stack on AH.

**Edited the gloves to bracers. oops**

Cassina
04-04-2006, 01:43 PM
I think you mean the bracers...the epic gloves/belt is from this bit.

It's easy when you do Winterspring, the bit at Corrins Crossing can be tricky but it's not too bad - hint: it's not only those ghost women, the dark black ghost things drop the items too.
The only time you might get into trouble is in Silithus because 2-3 mobs spawn after you kill the ghost.
When I did it though there were about 10-12 other people there anyway so that made it easy.

You will need more than 6 fuel, easiest way is to farm the Southsea pirates in Tanaris for an hour for some of the mats then get an alchemist mate to make the rest.

Oogie
04-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Cheers Cassina, I might see if some guildies wanna help me out with the Sil one, I should imagine I can do the other places solo.

Where in EPL are they exactly? Plaguewood, the place north of Lights Hope etc...

Cassina
04-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Go to Corrins Crossing in EPL for the quest, go to the south eastern house just off the side of the road, pull the first and put the trap down then repeat.

Kabhanda
04-04-2006, 02:26 PM
erm, I did the quest just fine on my mage without using any extra fuel...

also, northdale > corrins

Gwynin
04-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Has anyone on SS actually finished the Strat UD quest within the timelimit of 45mins ?

Toshiro
04-04-2006, 02:54 PM
erm, I did the quest just fine on my mage without using any extra fuel...

also, northdale > corrins

What Khlysti said. You dont need extra fuel, I didn't and that was doing it with a priest. Just think about where you are putting the trap and how you are pulling is all.

And Northdale is amazing for the PL bit. Is only ghosts there and they are perfectly spaced for pulling

Cassina
04-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Not yet, our best was 1hr 10 mins I think but we haven't had a proper attempt yet because we're waiting for other guildies to reach that stage.

Khalam
04-04-2006, 02:57 PM
Has anyone on SS actually finished the Strat UD quest within the timelimit of 45mins ?

We did it in 34 minutes.
Other CoI party did it with seconds left on the timer :p

http://terror.icm.edu.pl/~madmatt/owned_strath_ud.jpg

Oogie
04-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Wow, is that the one that when you step into Strat the 'debuff' appears? We wiped last time just outside the Slaughterhouse and had about 5 minutes left and as such, falied and the girl died. :(

Khalam
04-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Wow, is that the one that when you step into Strat the 'debuff' appears? We wiped last time just outside the Slaughterhouse and had about 5 minutes left and as such, falied and the girl died. :(

Yarr, it's the one. Everyone in the party gets it every time I think.
Spinal Reaper warrior tanking for the win. :)

ps. I tanked.

Kabhanda
04-04-2006, 03:19 PM
I have the item to summon valthalak (last boss in the quest chain), so yes, people are past the 45 min run :P

Oogie
04-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Ooh, I want a Spinal! I tend to be the tank when in 5 man's. not much point having 2 warriors as long as that person knows how to tank properly.

Azy
04-04-2006, 03:20 PM

Yarr, it's the one. Everyone in the party gets it every time I think.
Spinal Reaper warrior tanking for the win. :)

ps. I tanked.

ololol, only when I was eating pizza and playing with 1 hand!

Decebalus
04-04-2006, 03:39 PM

the correct question would've been: "has anyone without Tier 2 gear finished the quest?"... :D

did it with 4 SotF + 1 hunter from outside...

about 35 secs left on the timer when we killed the baron... bad luck at baroness with priest MCed and ending up dead toghether with the mage (luckly he had SS)...

a bit tough i'd say considering the players for which this quest was designed... but then again the rewards are epixx... :razz:

Khalam
04-04-2006, 03:42 PM
a bit tough i'd say considering the players for which this quest was designed... but then again the rewards are epixx... :razz:

Should be well doable. Flasks of titans, wisdom, spellpower, lots of pots, you get the idea.
I'll be doing it again with my Priest so I'll see how it goes with a bit worse gear.

Decebalus
04-04-2006, 03:47 PM
i'm sure it's doable, just you won't be doing it with a PuG... :P

it's something challenging if you do it with greens and blues... the same way it was Scholo in 5 man about one year ago... those were the times...

Khalam
04-04-2006, 03:49 PM
i'm sure it's doable, just you won't be doing it with a PuG... :P

it's something challenging if you do it with greens and blues... the same way it was Scholo in 5 man about one year ago... those were the times...

Of course you won't be doing it in pugs. It's supposed to be challenging, yet doable in a small amount of time (unlike raids).

and who the hell wears greens at 60 anyway:(

Azy
04-04-2006, 03:52 PM
So Khal, why did you hide your dmg meters? hoho.

Oogie
04-04-2006, 03:55 PM
So when I get to that point anyone from CoI or SotF wanna help me pretty much wipe the floor with Strat UD then?

Khalam
04-04-2006, 04:16 PM
So Khal, why did you hide your dmg meters? hoho.

Didnt want anything to interrupt me ;P And it gets borked by the wave of undeads with 1hp anyways. ; >

Azy
04-04-2006, 04:17 PM
I told you, remember?

Kabhanda
04-04-2006, 04:30 PM

the correct question would've been: "has anyone without Tier 2 gear finished the quest?"... :D

The group I did the 45 min run with was mainly CoI alts, and ones with little to no raid gear (ie the 0.5 is actually an upgrade for these characters).

Was it easy? no, but I know full well we could have done it with a far worse group if we took a slightly better route and skipped more pulls than we did. Considering the rewards on these quests the actual tasks you have to do are damn easy.

Fleshmissile
04-04-2006, 04:41 PM
i think it's doable with pug, did with pug today and failed, we had 8 mins left at start of the abominations which isnt enough time so we called it a day. our mage kept gettin DC. the party was 2 pallies 1 rogue 1 priest and 1 mage. i dont have a guild so maybe im screwed, if anyone want to make party for it or help me ill be on at like 0000 game time tonite :p

also heard a rumour that wen the time limit is up baron gives u 8 more mins, like a final call sorta thing. true?

Azy
04-04-2006, 04:47 PM
No

Fleshmissile
04-04-2006, 04:48 PM
No

:P o well, ty