View Full Version : Nerf warriors plx

Cassina
03-04-2006, 11:24 PM
http://media.putfile.com/Cloth--plate

Ashborn
04-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Rather pointless vid. ZOMG NERF WARLOCKS NOEW!!! Besides, a sl warlock with a voidy out is hardly a clothie.

Besides, a sl warlock with a voidy out is hardly a clothie.isn't that the point the guy is trying to make?

Ashborn
04-04-2006, 12:38 AM
Yes it is, and it's a stupid point since the entire point of that entire spec and having that particular demon out is damage mitigation.

sara
04-04-2006, 12:46 AM
Yes, it looks silly, however:

1: don't play fury in pvp, big crits are where it's at
2: warriors don't have cast time interruptions when they get hit, that 8s looks a lot bigger if some melee person is hitting you
3: death coil (the only thing that actually puts him out of melee range) actually got nerfed this patch (fear no longer loses your target)
4: warlocks have tons of health, deal. A raiding warlock will have as much life as a tank because they lifetap for mana in long fights. Mages and priests are gimped in raiding if they do the same thing

Bottom line: PVP isn't ever going to be even between classes, the best you can hope for is some sort of macro-level even-ness, and even that seems unlikely so long as damage output rises faster than healing output (let alone average health pool).

Ashborn
04-04-2006, 12:52 AM
I'd like to make a point of the fact that the warlock in that vid has ONE way of getting the warrior off him for a grand total of 3 SECONDS during those 40 it takes him to die. And as Sara pointed out, with a warrior beating the crap outta you, that 8 seconds is suddenly looking a *lot* longer. Plus in any given bg he'll have 10% less damage reduction ('cos anyone with a voidy out in a bg is pretty much an idiot), and any warrior worth shit will use cleave + whirlwind to get some damage on the demon while they're at it, thus effectively eliminating the 30% sl damage absorption halfway into the fight. Conclusion: way to not show the whole picture, fuckwads.

Ashborn
04-04-2006, 12:54 AM
Also, the warrior in that vid fails at dps.

Karadros
04-04-2006, 02:37 AM
Nerf warriors plx

Phuck off.

Lus
04-04-2006, 07:42 AM
I'd like to make a point of the fact that the warlock in that vid has ONE way of getting the warrior off him for a grand total of 3 SECONDS during those 40 it takes him to die. And as Sara pointed out, with a warrior beating the crap outta you, that 8 seconds is suddenly looking a *lot* longer. Plus in any given bg he'll have 10% less damage reduction ('cos anyone with a voidy out in a bg is pretty much an idiot), and any warrior worth shit will use cleave + whirlwind to get some damage on the demon while they're at it, thus effectively eliminating the 30% sl damage absorption halfway into the fight. Conclusion: way to not show the whole picture, fuckwads.

Allways such an angry individual this one.. not enough love when kid?

Ashborn
04-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Khalam, stop deleting posts while I'm replying to them plx.

Yes it is, and it's a stupid point since the entire point of that entire spec and having that particular demon out is damage mitigation.well i'm not speaking for it being a stupid point or not, just an accurate one

anyway, it's just another piss poor "let's get one class buffed up it's hairy arse with loads of stuff you'd never waste in pvp vs a warrior in beserker stance played by an idiot and see if we can convince people that there's something wrong with the game" videos, there's no need to get riled up about it

Khalam
04-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Khalam, stop deleting posts while I'm replying to them plx.

I should stop posting replies when half asleep.

Cassina
04-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Hmm wasn't making any particular point by posting this, just thought it was an interesting video.
The warrior sucks and his damage does too, fury warriors need shedloads of attack power and crit % to be able to keep up with an MS warrior in equivalent gear etc.

Stim
10-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Ugh-ugh... Recently visited Whisering Gorge or whatever the area called in Wintersrping with 60elites with 19000 hp (quest for heroic stuff). No phucking way I could kill them by meself with my shiny TUF! Suddenly some lvl58 warlock with all-new fellguard, sitting nearby says: iz pawn joo, soloing them ez. When I replied "show me" the guy wasted one of them 1337's, fearing, coiling, intercepting it to death. Later we did duelled and I barely won 2 times of three with less than 300 hp leftover. So, just wanted to point this out: WHY 60 WARRIORS STILL MANAGE TO BEAT 58 WARLOCK? NERF PLX!

Ashborn
10-12-2006, 09:13 AM
Welcome to 8 months ago. And yes, spamming cc on stuff has always been a particular strength of locks, and yes that makes it possible for us to kill some things other classes can't, that alone doesn't make the class imba. 2.0 did tho, but then just about every class seems broken one way or the other right now.

Chonar
10-12-2006, 01:19 PM
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6554/threadnecromancerbf8.jpg

Dinmomz
11-12-2006, 04:21 PM
so.... how are warlocks broken in 2.0 again?

Kinshara
11-12-2006, 04:32 PM
so.... how are warlocks broken in 2.0 again?

You got TBC scaling applied to DoTs, without people having the health increases TBC provides. Any class with dots is thus more powerful than they have been in the past.

Also, some of the talents in destruction are just... incredible. Backlash rules.

dantheman
11-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Fighting hunters is great now. I rarely fear the pet away, rather let it just hit me so I become a shadowbolt machine gunner.