View Full Version : Mind Control

Mojah
15-03-2006, 02:07 PM
I've been messing around with Flexbar (customising the UI), and had a bit of a question about our Mind Control ability:

Now, if you MC a mob somewhere in WoW you receive their abilities (well, some of them).
If you MC a player in a duel, or somewhere in a BG, you receive none of these. (you can only 'hit' someone else using their weapon, there's nothing else you can do)

Is it like that with everyone? Or is it just because I f*cked things up by testing Flexbar?
Could be it has been like this all the time, really haven't noticed up until a few weeks.

Ashborn
15-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Well I've been healed by a shammy mc'd by one of our priests so I know it's possible, but no idea how.

Cassina
15-03-2006, 02:34 PM
You should get a pet bar when you MC someone (either priest or MC hat), then you can left click these to buff/attack etc.
It's fun to MC a paladin because then you can buff your team with Blessing of Kings. :)

Mojah
15-03-2006, 02:40 PM
You should get a pet bar when you MC someone (either priest or MC hat), then you can left click these to buff/attack etc.
It's fun to MC a paladin because then you can buff your team with Blessing of Kings. :)
I realise that, but my pet bar wont fill with the other persons buffs.

I can MC a random mob in the wow-world, and get their growl, headcrack and whateverish abilities. But I get nothing when I MC someone in PvP.

Fithvael
15-03-2006, 03:29 PM

I can MC a random mob in the wow-world, and get their growl, headcrack and whateverish abilities. But I get nothing when I MC someone in PvP.

Yup thats the way it is. You can use different abilites from NPC mobs but you just get auto- attack from other players. Just throw them off the cliff/bridge and be done with it. I beleive you only get player abilities with the MC cap.

Cassina
15-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Hmm, haven't done it for quite a few months now but I'm sure there were buffs and healing things on the bar when I used an MC cap.

Toshiro
15-03-2006, 05:57 PM

Yup thats the way it is. You can use different abilites from NPC mobs but you just get auto- attack from other players. Just throw them off the cliff/bridge and be done with it. I beleive you only get player abilities with the MC cap.

Fith = 100% right. And I have a lot of practice with MC in AB :D

Copis
15-03-2006, 06:48 PM
You MCed me off the cliff at the lumber mill once. Somehow I didn't die but an orc hunter jumped down to finish me off. Swearing ensued.