View Full Version : Mages say: Buff shaman!

Cassina
07-03-2006, 02:07 AM
http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general-en&t=880803&p=1&tmp=1#post880803
Yes this is my main before anyone asks, and yet I still think shamans should be ahead of mages for a review.

The thing is mages on a whole are pretty good, and while we do have some bugs those aren't likely to be fixed in a class review. We have some issues as well, by far the main one being a poorly designed +dmg system, which blizzard seems to be aware of but refuses to comment on or fix, besides this is an issue for all classes so not likely to be fixed in class review.
As for talents they're ok at the moment, some useless ones sure, but all classes have that, not really any major need for improvement here.

Shamans meanwhile may be ok for 5-man and pvp but for pve endgame they are probably the weakest class there is.
The main issue here being totems which simply aren't good enough currently, a fact that is further emphasized in AQ where many of the fights require so much movement that totems become completely useless, thus removing this class's defining feature.

Add to this the fact that they scale rather poorly with items because of the allround nature of the class.

Sethanon
07-03-2006, 03:09 AM
you all need a major NERF! and you know it !
/hug

/Seth

Timothy
07-03-2006, 12:33 PM

Hmm ... no I don't.

Personally I think range on totems should be greately increased (heck they only work on party not raid anyway as compared to loladin blessings which have a greater range, go where he goes and buff classes in whole raid)

Asura
07-03-2006, 12:39 PM
If mages are fine, shamans are for sure. The fact you even dare to think you're doing worse...
Besides mages haven't had any significant change ever since the nerf when the game went retail.
And I don't know why I'm replying, because it only shows I took the flame bait.

Rey
07-03-2006, 12:47 PM

Nerf 110% windfury proc

Cassina
07-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Shaman melee skills suck anyway, elemental is where it's at.

Exitlight
15-04-2006, 05:55 AM
Shaman melee skills suck anyway, elemental is where it's at.
I should slap you for that...

Wait a minute, I will! /slap

Ahhh that felt good... See, shamans can be combat specced :P

Alia
15-04-2006, 07:06 AM

:roll:

Locowar
15-04-2006, 08:10 AM
You suck:(

Senex
15-04-2006, 08:27 AM
Shamans don't need a nerf OR a buff - they need to get balanced. At the moment, they're too good at some things and too bad at other things to be a true hybrid.

Furthermore, shamans have a higher-than-average percentage of useless/bugged talents and abilities - something that I believe no class should ever suffer from.

Fix shaman!

Kathra
15-04-2006, 10:11 AM
I couldnt care less if they become the absolute masters of PvE, with an entire raid-heal, raid-buffs, awesome aggro control.

BUT THEY'RE WAY TOO GOOD IN PVP AND YOU KNOW IT