View Full Version : What's the one thing you'd change about the rogue class?

Mischief
17-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Just one now.

For me, I'd like to be able to use 1-handed axes. It just seems like the natural weapon for an orc rogue to use to fuck someone up. Gief dual Bone Slicing Hatchets (http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=18737) plx!

dantheman
17-02-2006, 02:40 PM
i'd take away thier stealth :P

Mischief
17-02-2006, 02:42 PM
i'd take away thier stealth :P
Be gone foul wench!

Turiel
17-02-2006, 03:59 PM
What the hell are you talking about Mischief. Rogues = daggers. Period. Its bad enough they allow swords, maces, and fist weapons.

What would I change...hmm. Oh look, I just answered my own question ^^ :P

Slicer
17-02-2006, 04:34 PM
In that way though they would all have very similar builds, all be rolling on the same daggers and the class would be very boring with half the combat tree becoming useless. Also sinister strike would kinda suck, would just be constant backstabbing in raids, t'was why i left my rogue in the first place :P

Turiel
17-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Yes yes I understand that rogues not using swords/maces as it stands would leave the class without much variety - however I maintain that the class should have been built with daggers only in mind and 3 talent trees based around that. Because lets face it, a rogue is the classic DnD thief and they use DAGGERS damnit ;)

Nivellen
17-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Even though rogues are classic thieves, they also remind me of mercenaries. Fighters that are masters of using *light* weapons, as in one handed ones. That said I think adding the ability to use all one handed weapons - axes, wouldn't be that bad.

vanroguesing
17-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Take the dam Imp throwing out of the combat Talent tree

Locowar
17-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Yes yes I understand that rogues not using swords/maces as it stands would leave the class without much variety - however I maintain that the class should have been built with daggers only in mind and 3 talent trees based around that. Because lets face it, a rogue is the classic DnD thief and they use DAGGERS damnit ;)
Think Swashbuckler, ARRRR!

Cassina
17-02-2006, 11:36 PM
DW fury warrior > combat spec rogue

Khalam
17-02-2006, 11:41 PM

PVP specced rogue > DW fury warrior with Crul'shorukh, Edge of Chaos and Maladath :P

Cassina
17-02-2006, 11:44 PM
In my opinion PvP spec rogue suck at damage in raids TBH (who seem to be mostly combat specced, not that I know all that much about their builds but still...)

Nivellen
17-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Imo it's not that much about the spec as it is about the will and skill of the dmg dealer in raid.

Ashborn
17-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Khalam is PVP spec. He destroys just about everyone at dps.

Khalam
17-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Just one now.

For me, I'd like to be able to use 1-handed axes. It just seems like the natural weapon for an orc rogue to use to fuck someone up. Gief dual Bone Slicing Hatchets (http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=18737) plx!

I want Bloodfang to have decent stats.

Karadros
18-02-2006, 12:07 AM
I'd make Tauren rogues.

Copis
18-02-2006, 12:43 AM
Hmm I'd like a close range 'pounce' move you could use from within say... 3 to 6 yards or so. Balance it with whatever energy cost you see fit.
Would be great for finishing off fleeing mobs or closing down on flag runners (if blind and sprint aren't ready I rarely manage to stop them).

And yeah Nthw I'm afraid the Seal Fate PvP speced rogues are lording up our raid's damage charts at the moment. :)

Abberare
18-02-2006, 01:06 AM
Improve the hit chance of blind, wasting Fadeleaf on Hunter/lock pets that parry/dodge it makes me sad :(

Copis
18-02-2006, 01:12 AM
Yep went to blind a silithid bug today so I could bandage up. Naturally it *parries* the powder then crits me dead.

Cassina
18-02-2006, 03:04 AM
And yeah Nthw I'm afraid the Seal Fate PvP speced rogues are lording up our raid's damage charts at the moment. :)

Fair enough :) You know far more than I do, being one of the better rogues on alliance.

Carmilla
18-02-2006, 04:05 AM
Only one thing that really NEEDS changing.....

GIEF VENDOR BLINDPOWDER NOW !

if that aint happening severely reduce the chance of them missing, blind is far to expensive to use liberaly on a daily basis as it stands (i can eat thru a stack of 60 in a day (i R pvp freak thoo))

Edit: after living on irc for 8 years you for some reason ignore punctuation

Fingers
10-05-2006, 10:50 AM

DPS-wise or 'fun-to-play' wise?

If there was one thing I'd change, it would be to make the rogue the melee DPS class that it's supposed to be - it's what we do, so we should be uber at it.

And I'd say combat spec rogue > DW fury warrior (sustained DPS wise that is)

Khalam
10-05-2006, 11:02 AM

No, not really, unfortunetely. DW fury warriors have the tools to wtfpwnt any rouge, haven't met one that good though.

Gumdrops
10-05-2006, 12:00 PM
One thing I'd change?

5/5 MoD changed to a class quest.

Mistoria
10-05-2006, 12:15 PM
One thing I'd change?

New quest "Hide and Seek"

... who needs MoD tho?

Khalam
10-05-2006, 12:24 PM

... who needs MoD tho?

This coming from someone without relentless strikes.... .... dot dot dot.

DurnaugsElbow
10-05-2006, 12:29 PM
I'd prevent them from whining...I mean posting on the hunter forum.

Fingers
10-05-2006, 12:30 PM

No, not really, unfortunetely. DW fury warriors have the tools to wtfpwnt any rouge, haven't met one that good though.

Do they even exist? :P

Gumdrops
10-05-2006, 02:03 PM
One thing I'd change?

Yeah, could also be Rapid Concealment/Camo changed to a quest, one of the first talents in Subtlety anyway.

syranndyr
13-05-2006, 01:17 AM
Khalam aswell as outdps'ing us they lack the tools to control their aggro, other than increasing their amount generated which means only an alliance one could really be successful given BoS, even then they could still easily take aggro die and have no DPS rar!

This is some of the maths I wrote on another forum for scaleable Evis (perhaps someone around could point out flaws with my theory?),

Eviscerate would be great if it scaled like this - Variable damage contribution+(AP* combo point based multiplier)

This means you have a set amount of damage per combo point then you gain additional damage based upon you Attack power and the multiplier works to prevent the evis damage from scaling out of control at lower values since the same 40% of total AP would make it much more efficient to only ever do 1 point evis;
Example based on a few AP values for a 5 combo point evis.

600+(500*0.40) = 800 damage
600+(1000*0.40) = 1000 damage
600+(1500*0.40) = 1200 damage

Based on a 1 point evis.

150+(500*0.20) = 250 damage
150+(1000*0.20) = 350 damage
150+(1500*0.20) = 450 damage

Its been a while since I wore nearly full shadowcraft but I think I had around 500ap with that, while my current equip has 980. The scale of damage would be fairly nice I think though the maths would need a greater deal of tweaking to make the idea suitable for a levelling character. Full raid buffing with the current optimal equipment will get you around 2.1k AP in a raid. The numbers I've listed should'nt break the scale under the lower end of AP values or higher, they simply mean the better your equip gets the better your eviscerate also gets. Other classes may not like the idea but it actually means a rogue with low ap around 500 will do slightly less damage than they really should on eviscerate, while someone with more extreme AP values should get higher eviscerates.

A naked player should not do as much as someone with equipment.

Cassina
13-05-2006, 01:36 AM

Do they even exist? :P

With BWL equipment yes, yes they do.
Ask Thrane, he knows. ;)

Ask me in a couple of months.

*cough* (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2187464142824346831) (sorry) :P

I think on one mob a rogue would do better than a warrior but in situations where there's multiple mobs the AOE abilities of a fury warrior will put them way ahead.
Zul'Gurub is great for showing off what a fury warrior can do, or PvP for that matter if they actually get healed /frown.

Slicer
13-05-2006, 06:20 AM
Seen that link before, a friend posted it to me when he argued that fury was better for PvP.

Same points that I gave him:

-The warrior is wearing AQ 40 / HW gear, not just BWL gear.

-He has a priest constantly with him.

I'm sure a lot of people could do something just as well or similar on this server with their personal healer and extreme gear, Stinkfoot for example.

syranndyr
13-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Video footage proves nothing either way. But seeing a warrior like this does make me jealous, you get to tank and can still have insane damage output! damn you :P

Edit: I enjoyed watching the vid anyway so thanks for posting :D