View Full Version : How would a Soul Link - Nightfall 'lock be most useful?

Siona
09-02-2006, 11:19 AM
In a BG, with a team, how would a SL-NF 'lock be most useful?
Was just wondering, cuz i've seen quite many, and they won't just die :D.

dantheman
09-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Think you just answered your own question there :)

Psonica
09-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Hehe ... 30% damage migration sideways to a pet that if it dies you can get a new one in just a second. At the same time you get a 3% damage buff ...and probably you'll have Demonic Embrace also (+15% sta).

" and they won't just die " ..says it all really :)

Tizzeltoffla
09-02-2006, 01:12 PM
With a felhunter out, use devout magic as often as you can, that will help your team. You are able to spell-lock crucial heals from enemies healers if you got good timing. This is of course possible with a non soullink warlock as well, but you're staying alive longer because of higher resists and 30 % damage absorbation.

And in AB you're able to protect a node and stay alive long enough for support to arrive. So, you're able to be a good group-member in the BGs, but I guess a warlock of any spec is. :)

Siona
09-02-2006, 10:22 PM
I guess i did. :D

Yup, Psonica, i have all the crucials of the Demo tree in my build ATM. :)

Hadn't really tought of spell locking healers up 'til now(been using my Succubus all the time), but that's a given of course! :D

Thanks for the replies and advice people, very much appreciated :).

And if anyone gets any further ideas, please post!

Psonica
10-02-2006, 09:45 AM
meeting an experienced team in BG usually means that you'll have a big red arrow over your head and either a warrior charging you or a rogue stunlocking you ever so often... it's nice being the center of attention sometimes though :)