View Full Version : spirit or mana regen?

agx
05-02-2006, 11:28 PM
There is a formula to compare item with x mana regen every y seconds with an equivalent amount of spirit?

Ty

sara
05-02-2006, 11:36 PM
iirc Druids get 15(?) mana + spirit/5 per tick (outside the 5s rule)

Multiply up by 5 and multiply up the regen item by 2 to get the amount per 10s.

Ofc it then depends on how much time you spend outside the 5s rule as to which is better, but as HoT users healing single target you should do pretty well.

Egminos
06-02-2006, 01:27 AM
i suggest using the MUSE mod during a few raids, which can compare the importance Int, Spi and +mana/5sec has.

linky: http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=1217

agx
06-02-2006, 03:29 PM
iirc Druids get 15(?) mana + spirit/5 per tick (outside the 5s rule)

Multiply up by 5 and multiply up the regen item by 2 to get the amount per 10s.

Ofc it then depends on how much time you spend outside the 5s rule as to which is better, but as HoT users healing single target you should do pretty well.

So, while healing, i've to stop casting 5sec before i get a total of spirit mana / 10 seconds... so the item with +mana regen are expecially usefull for druid since them work in combat too and are not affected by the 5sec rule?

I desume that the enchant +mana regen on bracers works the same way of those +mana regen items?

Ty :)

sara
06-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Hmm, I've been writing a mod like that, interesting :)

Egminos
06-02-2006, 03:59 PM
So, while healing, i've to stop casting 5sec before i get a total of spirit mana / 10 seconds... so the item with +mana regen are expecially usefull for druid since them work in combat too and are not affected by the 5sec rule?

yes. you get 100% mana regen from your spirit 5 seconds after your last cast, and 0% inside the 5sec rule, unless you have meditation/reflection.

I desume that the enchant +mana regen on bracers works the same way of those +mana regen items?
yes. same goes for mana oils.

maxing out +mana/5sec especially helps you if you throw lots of HoT's on random raid members, as you would be constantly inside the 5sec rule then. do try out the muse mod, it can tell you how much 1Int and 1Spi is worth compared to 1mana/5sec.

dakab
19-05-2006, 01:07 PM
mana regen is better I think, spirit doest work when you cast.

sara
19-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Like Egminos says, whether spirit, int, or mp5 are of most benefit to you depends entirely on your casting strategy:

If your fight is short then int wins (if you had enough mana to cast through the whole fight then regen wouldn't be an issue :))
If you are constantly putting HoTs on members of your raid then mp5 wins (most of your time is in the 5 second rule)
If you are healing a single target and keeping up HoTs on him then spirit can do a really good job (on priests it wins, I'm less sure for druids). Also note that reflection helps to make spirit a lot better, I have the 3 piece bonus for tier 2 + meditation (priest equivalent) and my dancing sliver with +20 spi works out as 9 mp5 while casting and 30 mp5 if I'm not

Egminos
19-05-2006, 09:01 PM
If you are healing a single target and keeping up HoTs on him then spirit can do a really good job (on priests it wins, I'm less sure for druids). Also note that reflection helps to make spirit a lot better, I have the 3 piece bonus for tier 2 + meditation (priest equivalent) and my dancing sliver with +20 spi works out as 9 mp5 while casting and 30 mp5 if I'm not

aye, spirit works well for us too (especially with Reflection and SR 3piece), but as both our spirit formula is a bit worse (Spi/5 + 15 instead of the priest's Spi/4 + 13) and our raidbuffed spirit value is lower it doesn't play that much of a role. Also, in raids we (or I) rarely rotate, so the time spent regening out of the 5sec rule is short.