View Full Version : What do you think about priests?

imigrid
01-02-2006, 09:46 AM
My opinion: i love playing one:D
One of the tre most fun classes to play.

Gelodina
01-02-2006, 11:55 AM
its fun, but it gets quite daft after a while, getting an high end alt sorted that for me tho, all in all a nice class to play if you know how. (also helps if you know what warriors can and cant do regarding aggro, hate, and treat generation)

Bren
02-02-2006, 08:25 AM
I recently rolled a Dwarf Priest. It makes a change to heal the group you are with instead of handing out Dps with my Rogue.

I have also found that healing and handing out buffs gets you alot of friends and invites.

Taurusos
02-02-2006, 10:02 AM
I love priests as a warrior.

Ask Akronimia and Hosh, ill quote myself:

"Dont touch my fucking priest"
"Get them AWAY from the clothies"

And the fact that I made a bigger character icon for Akroinimia since lvl 45...and more recently also for Hosh.

Nuff said.

Dont touch.

/Tau

captpicard
02-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Well Tau i recall a situation regarding a priest and Baron Geddon just because he said your helmet looked silly.

Proterra
02-02-2006, 10:32 AM
I love priests as a warrior.

Ask Akronimia and Hosh, ill quote myself:

"Dont touch my fucking priest"
"Get them AWAY from the clothies"

And the fact that I made a bigger character icon for Akroinimia since lvl 45...and more recently also for Hosh.

Nuff said.

Dont touch.

/Tau

im never healing you again

/huff

Karlsens
02-02-2006, 11:21 AM
The priest is a poor solo class. In the higher levels its fun but as a low level priest, its not my style at all (soloing)

In PvP The priest is really nice. Both as a solo plyer, but can also contribute with alot of usefull things in a larger group

Overall: Not so good solo class: Godlike grouping class

Bren
02-02-2006, 11:38 AM
The priest is a poor solo class. In the higher levels its fun but as a low level priest, its not my style at all (soloing)

In PvP The priest is really nice. Both as a solo plyer, but can also contribute with alot of usefull things in a larger group

I agree that early on Priests struggle to solo. But once you reach level 10 and start putting your talent points into Spirit Tap (which you can get max rank in by Lvl14) priests start to get a lot better to solo as you are rarely left out of mana.

kyochi
02-02-2006, 11:39 AM
i'm actually have alot of fun as a low lvl priest soloing, i've found they're better at handling adds than alot of classes, handling 3 mobs at once, all a higher level. While with my rogue i'd be dead or run away.

Looking forward to high end content with it

Thorbadin
02-02-2006, 11:40 AM
A shadow specced priest cuts though most things nps and makes an excellent solo class, only downside that it's a bit mana intensive.

But all classes are fine to solo with when played properly

Abberare
02-02-2006, 01:04 PM
I took my lvl 19 priest into WSG a few weeks ago, most fun I've had in PvP for ages :)

Cassina
02-02-2006, 07:03 PM

I agree that early on Priests struggle to solo. But once you reach level 10 and start putting your talent points into Spirit Tap (which you can get max rank in by Lvl14) priests start to get a lot better to solo as you are rarely left out of mana.

Agreed, I've been levelling my priest this week 14 > 24 and when I first got spirit tap things were so easy, maybe too easy and boring when every fight is the same.
A normal fight would go like:
Bubble > mind blast > shadow word: pain > wand to death.

Now I got to above 20 it's basically the same, except using Mindflay on runners.
Still fun though, and she can solo anything 3 levels higher and still be on 1/2 mana.

Of course, having a highish level warrior & 60 shaman helps to understand the aggro in groups.

sara
02-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Of course, having a highish level warrior & 60 shaman helps to understand the aggro in groups.

I've met many, many, many warriors and shamans that give lie to this statement :D