View Full Version : Grats CoI!

Cassina
26-01-2006, 10:51 PM
I missed it (damn UBRS run) but I heard Eranikus submitting - grats to all :)

kyochi
26-01-2006, 11:27 PM
not so simple by the looks of it

Ashborn
26-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Err. We redeemed him, but Remulos died in the process and now the event is bugged.

Jurgan
26-01-2006, 11:38 PM
It bugged out unfortunately.

'Tis a damned shame cos for a Cross Faction event it was nothing short of spectacular.

Elexin
26-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Bugged as in we replayed the event but he's unattackable, because the server thinks he's already Redeemed ;)

Fun eh? :D

Despite the slight frustration, and the small mountain of repairs from attempt one... I truly did have fun though :)
Sorta cool to see everyone working together and doing so well ^^

agx
26-01-2006, 11:41 PM
Err. We redeemed him, but Remulos died in the process and now the event is bugged.

what is supposed to happen now? meanwhile i'm getting some fish :)
ty

Kabhanda
26-01-2006, 11:44 PM
He needs to be reset by a GM, as usual they are being shit, so it will be retried on another date.

Syeknom
26-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Well that was rather awesome fun, though as soon as Eranikus appeared as "the redeemed" we knew it was buggered.

Any retries will now clash with the Lunar Festival, entertainingly >.

Elexin
26-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Meh, its not like people will be interested in that festival all week anyway ;)

Chonar
26-01-2006, 11:52 PM
#$$#@% #$#@ %#@% $#@

@#$@#

$@#@#$%@#%$#@% !!!

And further more,

@#%#$ %@# @# %#@$% @ #@$%@ $# !!!
@#$#$ !!!

@#$%@#$%, @%#@$%.... !#@$!!

And ANOTHER thing,

@$#%@##$ % @$# %%, @#%@#% @!!!!!

Fuck.

Harshak
26-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Fuck.

Touché

Chimera
26-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Blizzard FT-very fucking-L.

Platonas
27-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Why there weren't at least 2 GMs present DURING THE WHOLE DAMN EVENT still boggles my mind. THIS IS the sort of thing that brings the WHOLE GOD DAMNED SERVER together, and as such, and fuckup here will most definetely resonate through the forums and such.

If they EVER had a chance of showing that they really are around and ready to contribute and help the players with their problems, THIS WOULD BE THE FRIGGIN TIME.

Seriously though. This has crashed a lot of other servers numerous times, this has caused several other problems on several other servers, they should know by now that this is a hotspot for failure, due to the massive nature of it. By at least observing the event they would be able to take part and show that they were on our side, not sitting on the fence waiting for beurocracy to take its course, and solving 4 level 13 players 'hlp mi linen got stuk on teh graund, an i kant pik it upp!' problems before tending to this one.

Way to show customer appreciation and dedication to the community, blizzard, truly well done. This will not be forgotten.

Cassina
27-01-2006, 12:15 AM
Well I quit my UBRS raid to come watch (I hope the carapace didn't drop), when I turned up Eranikus was green to me so I assumed you had won, sorry that you didn't.

And to that gnome warlock who ganked me while I was drinking - die plz.

Karadros
27-01-2006, 12:16 AM
Goddamnit, you should announce you're doing these things! I missed it in its entirety!

Chonar
27-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Goddamnit, you should announce you're doing these things! I missed it in its entirety!

Lucky you, we're gonna hafta do it again. ;p

Magefist
27-01-2006, 12:57 AM

Lucky you, we're gonna hafta do it again. ;p

You need a good luck charm!

Only fish-creatures and demonic abominations need apply!

Karadros
27-01-2006, 02:11 AM
/e fishes out his Murloc suit.
/e cleans off the Chonar-love.

Azy
27-01-2006, 04:47 AM
Well.. I just got an email replay back from blizzard saying they are sorry and it will be corrected in the weekly maintance ....

Psonica
27-01-2006, 06:55 AM
Uh... weekly maintanence - that's like ...um... 5 days away. Damn.

Well, but I had some fun at least and those shades were relly annoying with their 'aura of fear' ...not to mention that I now hold the world record in going from Blasted Lands to Moonglade in the shortest time for a non-druid ;)

Akrea
27-01-2006, 08:11 AM
Try again saturday, please.
K.
Thx.
:)

Asura
27-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Well.. I just got an email replay back from blizzard saying they are sorry and it will be corrected in the weekly maintance ....

That would be a major joke if true. We need to wait till then just because they fucked up? xP

Harshak
27-01-2006, 09:45 AM
That would be a major joke if true. We need to wait till then just because they fucked up? xP
Would it surprise you?

Chonar
27-01-2006, 09:55 AM

... Mother#$@%ers.

I can't BELIEVE this!

Shila
27-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Unfortunatelly, it's not a joke. They screw it, we pay. Nothing unusual, isn't it? :evil:

Gaeline
27-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Well, atleast we have time to tell the whole server about it next time.

Chonar
27-01-2006, 09:58 AM

Yea. We tried to avoid this. You saw the insane lagspikes when the Shades would spawn.

Jachyra
27-01-2006, 10:28 AM

Yea. We tried to avoid this. You saw the insane lagspikes when the Shades would spawn.

I can understand why you want to keep it quiet, its just a shame that due to lag and such, its impractical for a world event like this to seen by the errrr...world! :(

Chonar
27-01-2006, 10:33 AM

I can understand why you want to keep it quiet, its just a shame that due to lag and such, its impractical for a world event like this to seen by the errrr...world! :(

I'm just pleasantly surprised there werent any hostilities between OTD and other horde guilds.

But yes, aside from the event bugging, it was great. The massive schale of it and the cooperation was very nice.

dantheman
27-01-2006, 10:59 AM
I believe that second attempt was the best balance of players needed and lag. Last attempt was just too many people meaning far too much lag and maybe that contributed to the event bugging.

Zulamun
27-01-2006, 11:07 AM
I believe that second attempt was the best balance of players needed and lag. Last attempt was just too many people meaning far too much lag and maybe that contributed to the event bugging.

/nod

Akrea
27-01-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm just pleasantly surprised there werent any hostilities between OTD and other horde guilds.

Well, as far as I've noticed, and what I think, most of the "Horde drama" between OTD and FTH is between the leaders, I may get flamed for this, but I have nothing against any member of OTD, and especially not just because of their membership in a peculiar raid guild, no matter what's been said in the past.

To be honest, judging by this forum and in-game talks (most from this forum) I dont see why we are so hostile toward eachother. Is it simply because OTD left the original Shadowsong Horde Raidalliance? I mean, that was ages ago, and I, for one, think we should put these difficulties aside, but hey, that's just what I, a simple "semi-lowbie" priest thinks.

pegastud
27-01-2006, 11:15 AM

But yes, aside from the event bugging, it was great. The massive schale of it and the cooperation was very nice.

Thank that to taur being mad and doing wsg cause nobody warned him in advance.

But I still heard some 'hostilities' between fth & OTD though. Just some shouting : ZOMG OTD PWNZ FTH, ZOMG FTH PWNZ OTD. Not that you can really call that 'hostilities' :)

Ogg
27-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Well, as far as I've noticed, and what I think, most of the "Horde drama" between OTD and FTH is between the leaders, I may get flamed for this, but I have nothing against any member of OTD, and especially not just because of their membership in a peculiar raid guild, no matter what's been said in the past.

To be honest, judging by this forum and in-game talks (most from this forum) I dont see why we are so hostile toward eachother. Is it simply because OTD left the original Shadowsong Horde Raidalliance?

DON'T roll that snowball down the mountainside.

Don't You think I rock at making up proverbs?

Gelodina
27-01-2006, 12:29 PM
hmm...snowballs.

Soluna
27-01-2006, 12:42 PM
THIS IS the sort of thing that brings the WHOLE GOD DAMNED SERVER together

Wow do I see double standards? No we don't want people here... yet it brings the whole server together... hmmm. Sort of conflicting messages I hear.

Chonar
27-01-2006, 12:45 PM

Wow do I see double standards? No we don't want people here... yet it brings the whole server together... hmmm. Sort of conflicting messages I hear.

Let me rephrase then.

THIS IS the sort of thing that brings the WHOLE GOD DAMNED AMOUNT OF LVL 60'S WHO'RE ABLE TO CONTRIBUTE PROPERLY TO THE EVENT WITHOUT LAGGING UP THE PLACE LIKE A 2DOLLAR-WHORE ON THE ENTIRE SERVER together.

Soluna
27-01-2006, 12:49 PM
^^ thankee.

Brought my Drood to the.. second? Attempt which sadly failed. I did manage to combat res Platonas though \o/ - he was very sorry looking chewing the floor =(

The lag was a bit ott, but managable.

Did the shade spawns correspond to the number of people present do you think? They didn't have very many hp when weak. Just wondering whether a smaller more coordinated group would have more luck (maybe in the early ours of the day). I must admit our small group of about 20 guildies who had the time and curiosity to poke about weren't all that sure what to do. (being a drood I just healed all I could see >.> )

Ogg
27-01-2006, 01:17 PM

Let me rephrase then.

THIS IS the sort of thing that brings the WHOLE GOD DAMNED AMOUNT OF LVL 60'S WHO'RE ABLE TO CONTRIBUTE PROPERLY TO THE EVENT WITHOUT LAGGING UP THE PLACE LIKE A 2DOLLAR-WHORE ON THE ENTIRE SERVER together.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Asura
27-01-2006, 01:19 PM

I so thought we were managing it that second time... All really went as good as it could have been, given the (laggy) circumstances.
But yes, the third attempt was a goddamn slideshow, pure horror :p

Sloth
27-01-2006, 02:11 PM
first attempt > all :)

Cassina
27-01-2006, 03:14 PM
BTW the slideshow effect shouldn't be confused with lag.
If you turn around away from all the players you'll see your framerate go back to normal.
In other words - geif graphics card buff!

Syeknom
27-01-2006, 03:15 PM
If you turn around away from all the players you'll see your framerate go back to normal.

Exactly!

I experienced only minimal server lag, but in the crowded areas of Nighthaven my computer cried. Away from any crowds, or rotating the camera, and no problems.

Asura
27-01-2006, 03:36 PM

Well yeh fps lag... But I've got only myself to blame for being lazy on driver patches after my format a week ago, not that it would create that much of a noticable difference. But everything might help in occasions like that.
Though I wonder if anyone around here could live through yesterday's third attempt with any form of decent fps.
Gfx buff neds yuo to givf glod!!!11 Plx??!! xP

Kabhanda
27-01-2006, 03:57 PM
My fps never dropped below 25 the whole time (thats decent enough for me), and yet I still had some jerkovision and large spell delays, twas the server that had the problems me thinks.

zendog
27-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Though I wonder if anyone around here could live through yesterday's third attempt with any form of decent fps.
Sort-of offtopic: A graphics card question. I got an X800XT PE (epic graphics card quest reward, requires revered status with ATI), 256Mb RAM. Nighthaven was unplayable on it! I ended up punching the computer (couldn't shut down WoW - I had to revoke the computer's power priveleges) and hijacking my housemate's PC, which (upsettingly enough, he has a 128Mb 9800) worked perfectly (a couple points I noticed the FPS drop below 10FPS, apart from that, fine: 25FPS+).

Server lag was never an issue for me, suprisingly. We're both using the same interweb connection, so I assume it's just something specific to certain makes/models of graphics card. Now I just need to make sure my housemate's PC is free for next time...

*plots housemate assassination*

Anyone else have problems loading large groups of players (once they're loaded it seems to works fine, it just seems to block when loading player models) on their ATI Radeon X800's, if they have such a card?

Gaeline
27-01-2006, 04:09 PM
I'd say your problem is lack of RAM rather than a weak graphics card. The WoW models are relatively low-polygon since you have to render so many at times. The amount of them, however, makes RAM a critical issue.

zendog
27-01-2006, 04:17 PM
/bow
/thank

Makes sense when I think about it. I'll order some more (only had half a gig beforehand, I thought that having a quarter gig on the graphics card would have sufficed)... had to be done sometime I suppose :?

Would I be OK with 1.5Gb?

Cassina
27-01-2006, 04:19 PM
I'd say your problem is lack of RAM rather than a weak graphics card. The WoW models are relatively low-polygon since you have to render so many at times. The amount of them, however, makes RAM a critical issue.

Yeah I'd agree with that.
Graphics card RAM helps with textures but your main RAM also has a massive effect.

I have the epic PC set of:
AMD Athlon64 FX53
1GB Corsair XMS PC3200 RAM
WD Raptor 10k RPM HD
ATI Radeon X850XT PE

Only drops in overclockers.co.uk apparently. :P

Asura
27-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Stop making poor students cry, you bullies :'(

zendog
27-01-2006, 04:39 PM
:shock: GEIF!! :o

RAM purchased, food budget for next month halved. You've got to get your priorities right though, surely ;)

edit: lol Asura... my sympathies. However, my experience says that it doesn't seem to get any better once you've actually graduated and got a job! I wish I could say mobile-phone game development pays well, it doesn't... at least it's fun though.

Cassina
27-01-2006, 04:54 PM
edit: lol Asura... my sympathies. However, my experience says that it doesn't seem to get any better once you've actually graduated and got a job! I wish I could say mobile-phone game development pays well, it doesn't... at least it's fun though.

Hey another developer! :)
PHP/MSSQL here (web obviously)

pegastud
27-01-2006, 05:06 PM
My disks were giving their best when the event was going on.

I have Ultra SCSSI 3 Disks, so they make a hell lot of noise when they are performing at 100%, but hey it always sounds good, you can just hear the power ;-)

And I do think a lot of coders play wow. Ppl who are working a lot with pc's.
But I on the other hand quitted the coding world quite fast. (well real coding) Only things i still write are MDX formulas and SQL logic (no this is not sql, well it is but multi dimensional)

zendog
27-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Hey another developer! :)
PHP/MSSQL here (web obviously)
Greets! :D

Long and boring ramble about coding started in the Offtopic forum - hey, it's Friday ;)
http://www.shadowsongeurope.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=28&page=viewtopic&t=1159

And, just a question about the Erikanus quest... when Blizz do finally pull their fingers out and fix the encounter (next Wednesday during extended server maintenance, did they say?), will the lunar festival be over by then? Will the lunar festival invitations still work?

vattghern
27-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Invites are eligible for 24h afair, so not much trouble.

Tyrannis
01-02-2006, 09:11 AM
Take it that COI will be tryin to do the event tonight?

Hellstorm
01-02-2006, 11:11 AM
don't think so (bwl and stuff)

Edit: Gief bloody bracers already

Chonar
01-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Probably not tonight, no.
Server is always laggy after wednesday maintanance's.